Author Topic: Brother Jonas  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Kingjohnrocks

Brother Jonas
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:53:14 AM »

An old folk song Jonas uses his banjo to play

Basic info

Names: Jonas B. Anel
Nicknames: Brotha' Jonas.

Date of birth: 27/09/1967, 29 as of 1996.
Place of birth: Haiti.
Nature: Thinker

Visionary N/A

Demeanor: TBD.

Caregiver: TB

Personality: Jonas's personality is almost always one of sage-like propensities. He tends to talk calmly, discuss philosophical topics and or enter in fellowship with those he doesn't agree with. However, beneath this sagely attitude, he has an unsaitable anger that, if tapped into, is deadly to the one who provoked him.

Affiliation: The Dreamspeaker Tradition, the Ioa Spirits, the Haitian Government.

Titles:

Mr. Jonas. Jonas of the Umbroods. Jonas the Spiritweaver.

Physical Description

Ethnicity: Haitian
Race: Ascended Human (mage)
Hair colour: Black.
Eye colour: Brown.
Distinguishing features: There's are large, distinctive marks all over his body. Some in the form of a curve, some in the form of minature skulls. All of these marks are indicative of the struggle and the sacrifice Jonas has made to the spirits and their descendents. 
Height: 5'9
Weight: 160 pounds.

Family

Parents: Rustan Anel and Hongo Anel(birth) Akkia Hodunko (Madame Hadunko, adopted)
- Jonas was largely raised by Madame Hadunko, a powerful voodoo priestess who was the main reason why Jonas awoke. .

Siblings: Eria Anel
-He was born with a single sister whom he doesn't talk to too often, nor never had much of a relationship with
Relationship with siblings/parents: He does not talk to his parents at all, however, whenever he can he makes contact with the now deceased Madame Hadunko by way of rituals and sacrifices, and is also seeking her favor to perhaps aide him in his time of need, as an umbrood ally.
Marital status: Single. The only relationship he has had, ever, has been with two spirits, and they went up in flames. Literally.

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Children: None.

About him

Smoking: No.
- "Smoke inhalation has always has been, and will always be a very detrimental thing for anyone who indulges in it. It is wicked and makes an individual float away from their spiritual awakening."

Drinking: No.
-  "Introducing such a powerful toxin such as alcohol into your system is not only unwise, but it leaves you open for attack by the wyrm

Religion: Spiritual, not religious.
- "Religion is a tool of control manufactured by the west to dominate the minds and bodies of it's denizens. It is absolutely wicked. One must connect with the spirits, not with a priest or a pew, to find their inner-self."

On the supernatural: Aware.
- "The supernatural is all around us, not only that, but I would say that humanity is merely a product of our supernatural counterparts."

Strengths:
- Contact with the spirit world.
- Wisdom
- His willpower and sense of perseverance.
- His ability to work his will into reality.
- His ability to resist the tricks of those who may seek to manipulate him (strong-minded)

Weaknesses:
- Impulsive, most of the times
-Physically not too strong.

Behaviour: Generally, you will find Jonas reading a book, praying to a spirit or sipping a Haitian beverage. He is not one to party, or go out for social outings. For everytime a party happens, he would go to a certain part of the umbra that probably needed some form of assistance, and help them to the best of his ability, if he could do that. That is the kind of person he is.

Paragim: Creation is Innately Divine and Alive.
Spoiler for Explanation:
The world, perhaps even the universe, is a living entity. That entity is either part of Divinity or else is Divinity itself. Gods and monsters exist, as do pain, horror, and death; thatís cool, though, because in the end good things come from all the suffering. Death sustains life, life gives way to death, and the whole thing is a cycle that perpetrates itself in an ultimately beneficial way. Magick flows from an understanding of that cycle and your place in it as an agent of change. Everything, perhaps, has the potential of magick, but most beings never realize it. Best recognized as a common perspective among Verbena, Dreamspeakers, Euthanatoi, Ecstatics, and other grimly affirmative mages, this model stresses pragmatic acceptance mixed with wild joy. Certain takes on Kabbalism gravitate in this direction too, with Creation as the infinite embodiment of ineffable God. Minus the god part, this paradigm has a scientific analog in the Gaia hypothesis, which insists that Earth is a living, vaguely sentient biomass. Certain Progenitors embrace this idea, especially in the 21st century, when that
biomass appears to be fighting its human infection. Unlike the Gods and Monsters paradigm, this belief system essentially says that there is a point to the madness if you look at the Big Picture and accept that what we perceive as pain and horror are merely ripples across a larger spectrum of life.

Practices:
- Haitian Voodoun.
-Spirit channeling
-Spirit invocations.
-Shamanism

Goals and aspirations:

(Present ones)
- Continue advancing his craft to the point where he can better serve himself (JN PROGRESS)
-Distance himself from the traitorous "Society" magi (IN PROGRESS)
-Create a sanctuary where no one can harm him or his friends (IN PROGRESS)
-Visit the creator of the universe in Haitian Voodoun cosmology, Bondye, in the high umbra. (In progress)
-Return to Haiti and liberate it from it's supernatural ills. (Not started yet).
-Talk to each and everyone of the Haitian Loa (spirits/deities) - Not started yet.

Relations

-----
[ooo] - Enemy/Despise: Distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Dislike: Distant, avoiding.
[ooo] - Neutral: No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.
[ooo] - Good opinion: Appreciation, like.
[ooo] - Friendly: Sympathetic, valuing.
[ooo] - Close friends: Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.
[ooo] - Romantic interest: Love, adoration.
-----

Ansel Blackwater -He most certainly is interesting, I hear he is a Dreamspeaker. Not sure how to feel about him just yet. You dare threaten me with the penalty of Gilgul? You are a weak, pretentious sage, you insult everyone who has ever walked your path. Stay away. What is it you want? Do you want me around or do you want me gone?

Caleb Malik - I hear a lot about this one, but he appears to elude me. A manipulator who cannot stand to see me with someone else other than his "society". Disgusting.

The Priest -  Oh, Father Marcus, you'll be used to my own ends like everyone else is.

Demi Owen - Ah, Demi, Demi, Demi. You are a reckless one, but all things considered you are also one of the strongest among us. Becareful with that, it could end up getting you killed.

Bronn - I don't know who you are, but I better not see you around my homestead again.

Stuart Pot - He seems like a friendly gentleman. A young man who I see a lot of myself in. We've had good times and we've had bad times, but no matter the time I will be with you. Always.

Alexander Rosso - You try incredibly hard to be there for people, and for me, and that is what I appreciate about you.

Victoria - You are one of my kin, therefore I appreciate you. But be wary, wining and dining with the wolven-shifters will not benefit you in the long run. At heart, they are feral beasts with archaic beliefs. They do not want the best for you.

Kristoffer: An absolute piece of trash. Once day you'll be imprisoned in one of my many toys, and used for the pleasure of the Loa.

Edward: I am very suspicious of you, if your loyalties lie with Lucifer then you cannot be trusted.

The Misty-Smelling Grave Digger: A power depraved sycophant. If you live by the sword you die by the sword, that truism applies to you.

Aun Firebrand It doesn't get more better than this, a classy 20th century incarnation of Count Dracula. What a great guy. A mistake. The mage's may have forsaken me, but you would have forsaken my dignity which is exponentially more contemptible.

Alexander Parker You are being used  by that Edward being, other than that I think you are a good guy. Keep on keeping on.

Shayara The full package, power, beauty and elegance. I would not want to challenge her in battle.

Jeremiah the Werewolf I'm sorry that your sept keeps us from being friends. You are an absolutely fantastic, gorgeous life form. Perhaps one day racial politics will not inhibit our relationship, I can only hope...

Margaret Smith: You are gifted, my dear. You will serve as my assistant in asserting change and dynamism in red county and, possibly, the world.

Leonard Wirtus There is something gravely wrong with you, kid. Hopefully someone puts you in your place soon. Stay away!

Chasty Simmons My sister in arms. I am more than proud to join you in your crusade against the blood suckers, in the eternal battle against darkness. I joined Father Marcus in such a pursuit, and with you I do the same.

Avillio We all had to start off somewhere, I will be watching this one closely.

Thoughts

Traditions

Akashic Brotherhood: "You focus too much on the body and neglect the spirit. Strengthening one self physically and mentally is a good thing, no doubt, but neglecting the spirit is no way to do that. Despite their misguided ways, I believe their intentions are noble."

Celestial Chorus: "The manifestation of everything wrong with western civilization. You are nothing but a bunch of killers following someone you believe to be the creator. Shameful."

Dream Speakers: "We do our best, and though we may err, we are the mediators between this world and the next.."

Euthanatos: "There's something sinister about these ones, although, decay itself is but a product of nature and nature isn't always merciful."

Hollow Ones: "Interesting"

Order of Hermes: "They tend to enjoy enslaving spirits and acting obtusely. Don't do it around me and we'll be fine."

Sons of Ether: "Peddlers of scientism. The moment meaning comes into the fray, science means naught."

Verbena: "The brothers of my tradition. I appreciate them and their culture immensely, as life contains a spirit, too."

Virtual Adepts: "Idealists that continue to think of things that haven't really been invented as of yet."

Cult of Ecstasy: "A group of lost souls, lost in a haze of marijuana smoke and euphoria. Put down the pipe and do something that will actually benefit you and the world."

Night-folk and other Supernaturals

Vampires: - I'm starting to like you lot more and more.. A mistake, a foolish mistake I made ever attempting to ally with your kind. I had no quarrel with you until you struck against my friend, but now it's time to get even.

Werewolves: - A foolish pack of wild, feral animals. They hold their "gaia" above all, and believe that she is the one source of everything, that couldn't be farther from the truth. "Gaia" is but one spirit, albeit powerful, but not by far the most powerful. 

Demons: - Pretentious celestials, not a fan whatsoever. If I could send each and everyone of them back to the Deep Umbra I would.

True Faith Humans - Depending on what they adhere, these individuals could perhaps be some of the nicest you've ever met.

Wyrm: - Never, ever. Sick, sick creatures, I will never solicit help from one of you. You know, I could possibly use you as a means to an end. Perhaps I'l bind your kind into a fetish, one day.

Ascended(Mages): We can shape the worlds merely with our will. That must amount to something.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:26:08 AM by Kingjohnrocks »

Offline Dielan

• Werewolf/Fera Race Moderator
Re: Brother Jonas
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:36:23 AM »
Vampires: - Blotches on the face of the Earth, aberrations of the soul, manifestations of pure evil. They ought to be wiped out.

Werewolves: - A foolish pack of wild, feral animals. They hold their "gaia" above all, and believe that she is the one source of everything, that couldn't be farther from the truth. "Gaia" is but one spirit, albeit powerful, but not by far the most powerful. There are plenty of other spirits who could crush her. Learn that.

Hybrids: - Abominations? Truly? I have walked the lands of the spirit, if you are looking  for an abomination, these are NOT one of them.

Wyrm: - Never, ever. Sick, sick creatures, I will never solicit help from one of you.
Something here doesn't add up lol.

Offline Adrian

• Don't fuuck with me.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:54:12 AM »
Good luck my guy.

Offline Mkjmn

• Guess it
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:57:26 AM »
GL , Spine of the Spirits.
Alexander_Skylander

Offline Flavberg

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »
nice character profile

but

"Werewolves: - A foolish pack of wild, feral animals. They hold their "gaia" above all, and believe that she is the one source of everything, that couldn't be farther from the truth. "Gaia" is but one spirit, albeit powerful, but not by far the most powerful. There are plenty of other spirits who could crush her. Learn that."

this is sort of like saying caine can be crushed by other vampires

Offline Kingjohnrocks

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:17:39 AM »
nice character profile

but

"Werewolves: - A foolish pack of wild, feral animals. They hold their "gaia" above all, and believe that she is the one source of everything, that couldn't be farther from the truth. "Gaia" is but one spirit, albeit powerful, but not by far the most powerful. There are plenty of other spirits who could crush her. Learn that."

My character is a fanatical Haitian blinded by his zeal for the Loa, so it'd be natural for him to be repulsed by the notion of either deities and, particularly, Gaia.

Offline Flavberg

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »
nice character profile

but

My character is a fanatical Haitian blinded by his zeal for the Loa, so it'd be natural for him to be repulsed by the notion of either deities and, particularly, Gaia.

o i see

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • Trial Administrator
  • benchod number 1
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 07:16:33 AM »
needs a little fixing but rest is all good
creative character

Offline Leo

• I'm a maniac.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 07:37:37 AM »
That moment when he said "Stuart tends to be reckless reckleeeeeeess" *looks at Demi* he was this close to getting kicked in the face lol

Mason Vs werewolves
 Avril MacMillan - Hunter Cynesige

Offline 7mada

• Emergency Services
  • I am happy. Because i am a human.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
That's a good Character Profile, good luck my friend and have funny moments at the RP.

Spoiler for D-A-B.:

Offline FiryalYay

• Helper
  • coegs mania
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »
good Luck mang

Offline C. White

• Sheriff's Department
  • Banned!
  • Cool bro.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
hell that's what you gotta call roasting
You're really 19?
Dude can't even insult in English yet talks shit
hey guys lets stop breastfeeding ok
Don't bro u will die

Offline Kingjohnrocks

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 02:14:47 AM »
Profile updated...

Offline Dielan

• Werewolf/Fera Race Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 05:06:03 AM »
Vampires: - Blotches on the face of the Earth, aberrations of the soul, manifestations of pure evil. They ought to be wiped out.

Werewolves: - A foolish pack of wild, feral animals. They hold their "gaia" above all, and believe that she is the one source of everything, that couldn't be farther from the truth. "Gaia" is but one spirit, albeit powerful, but not by far the most powerful. There are plenty of other spirits who could crush her. Learn that.

Hybrids: - Abominations? Truly? I have walked the lands of the spirit, if you are looking  for an abomination, these are NOT one of them.

Wyrm: - Never, ever. Sick, sick creatures, I will never solicit help from one of you.
Something here doesn't add up lol.

Offline Kingjohnrocks

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
Updated