Author Topic: Hopes and Dreams  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
Hopes and Dreams
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »
(This story is a teaser for future events.)

I'm tired.

Another day, another trouble. People bothering me with their favor requests, with their problems, with their suffering.. can they just leave me alone for once?

It's hard to be someone who was called "the Elder God". You have the power to turn mountains, you have the power to change people's lives in a flick of wrist - you have the power to give them hope.. or make it wither away in an instant. They look up to you like their idol, they want you to save them. But I understand. Everyone has their fears, hopes and dreams. Everyone wants the happy end in their tale, right?

Ugh..

I walk to the door of my house. My eyelids feel heavy, despite the fact I'm perfectly fine.. physically at least. This.. damned Resonance is really making my life much harder. She was chasing me around all day, spectating whenever I practiced or wandered off. She likes to take her opportunity to taste my lips a lot, but the more I hear about her, the more I wonder - does she actually care, or is she like everybody else, staying by my side to have blessing from the Wyck?

Sigh.

She already lied to me, though. Few times. That's no good.

Usually, I'd hang my jacket elsewhere when I enter, but I've grown to it like a knight to his armor - after all, it actually is my armor. These savages that I gathered under name of Council really have a knack for finding trouble on their head.. heh, just like me when I was younger. But that's understandable, too. We have to keep our influence spread far enough to ensure that our kind will hold a decent position among Night-Folk. I sometimes wonder why did I even gather them, honestly.. I mean.. they are my friends, I guess?

Oh I still remember.. that day. The day of judgement. My judgement.

What, they thought I forgot..? No, not even close to. I tried my best to cripple the Union with all I could. I drew Leopolds away from our backs, I saved countless Awoken, I brought up excellent Magi. I fought wars, I died for my kind - I was there for them everytime they needed something.. but I still remember those cold words. I'm here only to satisfy my primal needs, right, Xander? Right..?

I think it was.. Cal and An that actually saw past the veil. Everybody else.. I felt betrayed. Why do they think that I feel nothing? Why do they think it's okay to just shove my face in dirt? Even after everything you do for them, they end up hating you. They don't trust you, they're afraid of you.. your power. I opened my heart to them many times and saved each of them at least three or maybe four times. How much do I have to do to finally prove to them that deep inside I care? It's hard to fight Resonance, your inner insanity and your own urges. My determination kept me going, and it still does - why can't they just see that? Heck, I'm not even invited for any sort of "meetings" where they gather to have a good time. Gratitude these days...

At least he's loyal to me. Thank you, Shaman. Just please, don't let the Caul take you.

I'd.. really love to cook, but not today. It's two.. no, wait, three AM. I just want to sleep, this day was exhausting. I checked up on Lina and Ragnar. My heart still skips a beat whenever I peek inside the room - what if they're not in there anymore, just.. just like that time. I was scared. I panicked. I didn't know what to do. I was desperate and broken, and she took advantage of it.

Yes... in many senses.

And you know what's worse? I felt completely shattered, but nobody noticed it. At all.

My blood was used to spawn those.. wretched abominations. She stole my seed. She kidnapped my children. She made me suffer, I was sunk in deepest oblivion full of pain, agony, desolation, anguish and despair. But hey.. I went through that many times already, right? "You're used to it, pal, it's alright". No.

I never did. It still hurts. A lot.

Yes, I'm strong. Yes, I've endured a lot - and certainly can endure much more. Yes, I'm the "Wyck God", damn it.

But even strongest people need support. Many times my soul was going to split apart, but it refused. I'm a God, but I'm also a man. Just like them I bleed, I sweat and cry. But they'll never understand this. They never did.

I'm overthinking. I'm tired and I need to sleep.

I laid my head on pillow. It felt warm and cozy, just what I needed. My tired eyes already were closing on their own - I couldn't resist it, and not like I wanted to eitherway. I drifted off to see the Maya Realms.

Wait.. what's this place?

Where am I? What's going on?

The wind is howling.

I can see him.. the Nemesis. He stands tall, proudly and with his disgusting grin. He stands above them -- the people of Council.

My eyes widened. My Enforcers fell - Stephen held onto his last breath and coughed blood. Mason was burned. An's face was covered in blood and held expression of terror. Others fell.. Dilara, Sam, Magnus, Xander, Caleb, Jax, Arthur.. they were just.. dead?

What the fuck do you think you're doing?

He swung his sword on Cal. I tried to pull them away with magick, but it didn't help. My heart was racing, my blood was pumping from all the adrenaline. There was no other choice, Cal was about to die.

I teleported just inbetween the strike and Cal.

It struck me.

The time froze.

I.. ugh.. that.. surely hurts..

Ch-.. - Cal, the last man standing, spoke. He was speechless when he saw it, but he swallowed the shock and spoke. Charles, you're..

I know. It's alright.

But.. you're..

I said it's okay. Go, now.

I threw my ritual knife back at him. He knew what that means. He was hesitant, but he had to go. Cal escaped with them.. but I..

Another strike.

You know. I didn't even feel anything. It felt like.. like a stroke. My body betrayed me and I fell on my knees, bleeding out. That sword surely had something.. my regeneration doesn't work..

Welcome to the Final Night, Wyck.

He thrusted the sword out of my chest. I feel my life essence dripping out.. I try to do magick and it doesn't work.

I struggle with my body. It refuses to move.

He began walking away. My eyes were shut. I know that I said I'm tough and lived through a lot of pain but.. this was something special even for me.

With just one strike.. damn it.

I failed them. The Nemesis will take over and magick will be destroyed.

No.

He heard my word. The Nemesis turned around and gazed upon me. I could feel his heartless stare on me - I had to stand up. My hand rested on my chest and I ascended.

I knew that Nephandus take delight in breaking their victims, see them suffer.. I'll let him have it. I stood in pain and he grinned. I had to stall the time.

My body-.., I said with a heavy exhale.

It feels like it's splitting apart..

I wish this was only an act for The Nemesis. He enjoyed my suffering and kept his gaze upon me. I only hope others will make it in time.. we need it.

Like in a moment, I'll fall to never wake up.. but.. deep in my soul..

He tilted his head.

There's a burning feeling I can't describe. A burning feeling that won't let me die.

I paused and looked back at him.

This isn't just about Magi, is it? If you get past me, you'll destroy them all, won't you?

He smirked.

Mages.. Sleepers.. Night-Folk.. everyone. Everyone's hopes, everyone's dreams - vanquished in an instant.

His smirk curved further.

But I won't let you do that. Right now, everyone in the world - I can feel their hearts beating as one. We all have one goal - to defeat you. Nemesis - no, whatever you are.

I could see his eyes spark with red and his disturbing grin directed at me.

For the sake of whole world - I will strike you down.

With the pure Will and determination, I melded back my wound. I had to fight the Nemesis - or die trying. But I care not for the outcome. I need to stall him, and then it's over.

I conjured an armor and weapon for myself. Our stares met.

You're going to have to try a little harder than that.

The true hero appeared.

The wind is howling.

Offline Dielan

Re: Hopes and Dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »
>Bogdan sets skype avatar as character from undertale
>Bogdan sets skype bio as quote from character from undertale
>Bogdan makes story and names it after song in undertale
>Talks about determination in story
>LITERALLY REPHRASES A SPEECH FROM THE GAME IN HIS STORY'S EXPOSITION
>Also quotes that "the wind is howling" from the fight that speech comes from
God dammit Bogdan, you fucking bandwagoner. Either way, good story. Is charlie gonna diededed???

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »
>Bogdan sets skype avatar as character from undertale
>Bogdan sets skype bio as quote from character from undertale
>Bogdan makes story and names it after song in undertale
>Talks about determination in story
>LITERALLY REPHRASES A SPEECH FROM THE GAME IN HIS STORY'S EXPOSITION
>Also quotes that "the wind is howling" from the fight that speech comes from
God dammit Bogdan, you fucking bandwagoner. Either way, good story. Is charlie gonna diededed???

ye, the last part of story was actually inspired with that, everything else is my own

well surprisingly, theres plenty of stuff that matches between undertale and mage lore

charles may live/die it depends on ig events

Offline Hydra

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Woah that's just deep.
I really like your writing, seriously though, you're an amazing writer imo.
Though I don't like one thing in this story, I mean, you're providing ppl with false information here. MASON CANT JUST BURN NIGGA HE GONNA B A MASTER OF FORCES NO FLAMES CAN BURN HIM.

Though I really look forward this event, sounds dope.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:36:37 PM by Hydra »

Offline Men

• Men.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »

This song is all I could imagine tbh.
the most disliked and useless admins of VWH, Jack.

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 02:16:35 PM »

This song is all I could imagine tbh.

After restoring his wound, he looks up at the Nemesis with an odd grin.

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On a days like these, Nephandi like you-..

. - should be burning in hell.

[You can feel your sins crawling on your back]

[You feel like you're going to have a bad time]

[Charles isn't going to spare you]

thx for the replies, glad you liked it

Offline Men

• Men.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »

(Knowing that Charlie might one day defeat Nemesis, take the spaghetti and heat it in the microwave...)

*IT FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION*
the most disliked and useless admins of VWH, Jack.

Offline Dielan

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »
I'm gonna kill myself

Offline Montreal

• Banned!
  • I did it for science.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 04:32:45 PM »
did this happen ic doe
Spoiler for Hidden:
or is this yo seeking

Offline Dielan

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »
did this happen ic doe
Spoiler for Hidden:
or is this yo seeking

Offline Montreal

• Banned!
  • I did it for science.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 10:32:30 PM »
did this happen ic doe
Spoiler for Hidden:
or is this yo seeking
Both things I said are future events, noob.