Author Topic: Classic World of Darkness (CWoD) Combat System  (Read 11170 times)

Offline DeletedUser2

Re: Classic World of Darkness Combat System (OWoD/CWoD)
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »
Well now the whole fucking server will have a fight in /b.

Thanks Oba' Rudy.

I was actually hoping for a war.

10/10 response.

No war so far, though.

Offline Caroline_Beggins

• Mages Op.
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 09:50:08 PM »
Let's say, A, is fighting B, C and D.

A goes last in ini
In each of B, C and D's turns they punch him,
Does he split dices to dodge each? If not then how does he dodge
then we found out how even in a parallel universe, wade can't be funny

I will ban him for a month and tell our mom what he did.

Offline cantbearmaros

• who is this guy?
  • Sheriff's Department
  • professional samp player
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
Let's say, A, is fighting B, C and D.

A goes last in ini
In each of B, C and D's turns they punch him,
Does he split dices to dodge each? If not then how does he dodge

yes he must split, if he doesn't use pool to dodge them he doesn't dodge

Offline The Eternal Stud

• Aligatus Sanguis
  • Army of one
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 08:38:33 AM »
Just spar with your friends icly and you'll get the hang of it.

BigBossDewop

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 05:18:38 PM »
Could someone give me example of splitting dice. Let's say you are attacked, so you want to in return parry their attack and counterattack. What would be the formulas?

Offline Tom.

• Naive
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
Could someone give me example of splitting dice. Let's say you are attacked, so you want to in return parry their attack and counterattack. What would be the formulas?
You take your smallest dice pool and choose to allocate as many die as you'd like.
There is no limit so if you have a die pool of 7 you could go:
4 parry, 3 counter attack
2 parry, 5 counter attack

or anything along those lines. You just need to declare what you'll be doing, or spend a willpower point to or roll willpower at standard difficulty

Offline Southern

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
Re: Classic World of Darkness (CWoD) Combat System
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »
Someone explain net successes, pleasee

Offline Dielan

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »
Someone explain net successes, pleasee
From what I understand, its the amount of successes you have over an opponents roll. Say you and me are in a fight, you roll Dex brawl 6 to hit me and get 4 successes. I decide I wanna dodge, and roll Dex dodge 6(or 7, whatever the diff is now. Bit lost on that), and get 2 successes. You have 2 successes over me, which means you get 2 extra dice to your strength roll. So, you roll strength at 6 and get 3 successes, then you mroll 2 dice at 6 and get 2 more successes. You get 5 successes, meaning you deal 5 of whatever damage. Say I don't dodge or I fail the roll, then you would mroll all 4 successes you got on the hit roll.

There are probably more things I don't know about, and who knows, I could be wrong. Just conveying what others have told me.

Offline Southern

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »
Haha okay

Offline Pi5tol

• So it goes.
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 02:32:28 AM »
What Dielan said is correct.

Offline Kingjohnrocks

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
I'm confused. So, performing the action is actually doing it, but declaring is saying that you'll do it, right? If so, wouldn't your action change based on how the person who goes first's action is? That means you'd have to declare again, right?

Offline Hunter

• (shake) Oh No... (shake)
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »
The person with the lowest initiative declares their action first; which allows the person with the higher initiative to see what they'll do. The lowest initiative can't play the role of the highest, the highest has the benefit of seeing what the lower ones will do and play their declaration according to that. The person with the highest initiative PERFORMS their action first; which means they'll roll it first. But the person with the lower one declares it. Hopefully, it understands.

tldr;

highest initiative has the benefit of seeing what the lower one will do
the lower one cannot have the higher one declare first

Offline FiryalYay

• coegs mania
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »
I'm confused. So, performing the action is actually doing it, but declaring is saying that you'll do it, right? If so, wouldn't your action change based on how the person who goes first's action is? That means you'd have to declare again, right?
try to get yourself involved in some RP fights. they are the best way to learn the system.

Offline Raven Corella

• Sheriff's Department
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2016, 02:39:47 PM »
 I have questions about the firearms chart. The books use a pretty bad bolt action sniper from the 60's as a model, which has 200m, which isn't enough for a sniper rifle IMO. I suppose it could be used as a model for "County rifle" (cuntgun) in gta. The fire rate is pretty restrictive as well, there are by far better guns in the 90's.
 Take for example the russian VSS Vintorez (1987); 400 range, lower damage, considerably higher accuracy.
 Are we allowed to convert such weapons into the game and use them instead of the model provided? Could you perhaps compile a greater list of weapons to allow diff. customization?

I.E. IG Vintorez could be 400m fire rate; 6 base damage; 2 per turn, 20 clip ammo.
 British Magnum is 800 m, 8 base damage, 1/turn, 10 clip ammo feed, etc.

Offline The Eternal Stud

• Aligatus Sanguis
  • Army of one
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »
I have questions about the firearms chart. The books use a pretty bad bolt action sniper from the 60's as a model, which has 200m, which isn't enough for a sniper rifle IMO. I suppose it could be used as a model for "County rifle" (cuntgun) in gta. The fire rate is pretty restrictive as well, there are by far better guns in the 90's.
 Take for example the russian VSS Vintorez (1987); 400 range, lower damage, considerably higher accuracy.
 Are we allowed to convert such weapons into the game and use them instead of the model provided? Could you perhaps compile a greater list of weapons to allow diff. customization?

I.E. IG Vintorez could be 400m fire rate; 6 base damage; 2 per turn, 20 clip ammo.
 British Magnum is 800 m, 8 base damage, 1/turn, 10 clip ammo feed, etc.

A sniper rifle is 200 yards of range, you can go up to 400 yards by adding +2 difficulty. again, you're trying to implement real life and logic into this game and system which you shouldn't be doing. there are gifts and lores that can be used to enhance the range/difficulty reductions which would pretty much make a sniper rifle very efficient even with 200 yards of range.