Author Topic: 1.9.5c ~ 1.9.5d  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
1.9.5c ~ 1.9.5d
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
  • Bug fixes.
  • Minor map tweaks to the Asylum exterior and library interior.
  • Minor tweaks to the fishing system. (Should be fairly easier to catch fish.)
  • IG rules have been updated you might want to check them out. ("/help" > "Rules")
  • The incapacitated mode for Vampires and Hybrids has been changed. Their HP is set to 1.0 when they enter in incapacitated/torpor mode and doesn't decrease over time. There are two options to get out of this mode:
    • The character remains IC-ly dormant for a period of time depending on her Humanity or Path rating.
      "/rolls" command will tell you for how long:

Once that period of time has passed, you simply get an administrator level 2+ to manually "revive" your character even if you don't have any blood points left. The administrator will check the date you got torpored and eventually give you the green light to RP the awakening.
    • You can spend a blood point and make an Awakening roll for her character to rise. (Humanity roll at difficulty 8. The blood point is automatically spent upon entering the correct roll.)

Offline FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • Banned!
  • The one and only.
Re: 1.9.5c ~ 1.9.5d
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:08:09 PM »
Nice.
I can unban you only if you promise you won't order 100 pizzas at my home address.
Quote from: Rudy
Accepted along with this Flaw:

Character Killed (∞pt. Flaw): Character is no longer part of the game. You cannot post any more applications for James Stuart.

Offline Carl

• Trial Administrator
  • Keep going, you got this.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:11:46 PM »
Nice update, thanks!
Some people are simply blessed with the gift of good taste, and Carl is one of those cases.

Offline FiryalYay

• Helper
  • coegs mania
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:41:19 PM »
Thank you, Rudy.

Offline Alexis_Alves

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 01:20:10 AM »
Thank you this is awesome for vampires.

say hello

Offline Flavberg

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
Is the awakening a reflexive action like the werewolf staying active rage roll? Can a vampire awaken during a combat scene?

Offline FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • Banned!
  • The one and only.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 09:22:39 PM »
Is the awakening a reflexive action like the werewolf staying active rage roll? Can a vampire awaken during a combat scene?
Yes and yes.
I can unban you only if you promise you won't order 100 pizzas at my home address.

Character Killed (∞pt. Flaw): Character is no longer part of the game. You cannot post any more applications for James Stuart.

Offline Nienna

• Wrong.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 09:51:39 PM »

What's the chance of a vampire be in torpor for a couple of minutes only?
Cause seems that torpor it will always take at least hours, no?

"The Moon-Beasts, the ones-who-change, they are the Oldest of all, before my Father they roamed the lands.
Tarry not in the path of them. Avoid them, they are set upon us like wolves in the sheepfold. For we are of one kind, and they another. Beware their sacred ground, walk softly through their wilderness. Do not cross into the their woods, it's filled with spirits and they will seek to kill you. Avoid them for the most part, temporary victory is not worth your unlife."

Offline virus

• Helper
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »

Depends on Humanity of a vampire

Offline FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • Banned!
  • The one and only.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »

If vampire haves a vitae into his body, he can spend one blood point and do a roll for an awakening (roll Humanity versus difficulty 8), if he will get 1 success or more, he is up. He can do it until he fail (that means he will do it next night) or until the blood of vampire ends. If it ends, scriptly you can wait 1 month and request an admin to revive you, even if no blood.

Offline Mark Edson

• i'm not alone allah always with me.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 11:04:34 PM »
Nice Update
Eric_Sutherland
Calvin_Erickson
Jeffrey_Maxey

Offline 7mada

• Emergency Services
  • I am happy. Because i am a human.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 11:20:44 PM »
That's very awesome.
Thanks Rudy

Spoiler for D-A-B.:

Offline The Eternal Stud

• Army of one
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 11:59:36 PM »

There are 2 types of torpor, one caused by blood loss which can easily be bounced back from when the vampire is simply fed enough blood points to awaken.

And the other type of torpor which is caused by severe damage, this is the one you'd want to avoid because once in this state, you cannot awaken until you've rested an equal amount of time according to your Humanity rating.

As mentioned, characters with zero blood points in
their blood pools begin to lose health levels each time
the rules call for them to spend blood. When a vampire falls below Incapacitated in this fashion, she enters torpor. There she will remain until someone feeds
her at least a blood point.
If this happens, she may rise,
regardless of Humanity or Path rating. This sort of revivification works only for vampires who enter torpor
from blood loss.

Vampires who enter torpor due to wounds must rest
for a period depending on their Humanity or Path rating:
Humanity/Path Length of Torpor:

10 One day
9 Three days
8 One week
7 Two weeks
6 One month
5 One year
4 One decade
3 Five decades
2 One century
1 Five centuries
0 Millennium+

Following this period of rest, the player may spend
a blood point and make an Awakening roll (p. 262)
for her character to rise. If the vampire has no blood
in her body, she may not rise until she is fed; if the
player fails the Awakening roll, she may spend another blood point and make an Awakening roll the following
night. If the vampire rises successfully, she is considered Crippled and should either spend blood or hunt
immediately.

This is important and people need to pay attention to this.

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 01:01:59 AM »
I'd suggest some minor tweaks to the time required to remain in stasis. Pretty much like the discipline durations are nerfed, I stand to believe some balance in that area can't hurt, seeing as it's VWH and not a tabletop chronicle where you can skip and go for downtime...

Offline Nienna

• Wrong.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 02:43:43 AM »

There are 2 types of torpor, one caused by blood loss which can easily be bounced back from when the vampire is simply fed enough blood points to awaken.

And the other type of torpor which is caused by severe damage, this is the one you'd want to avoid because once in this state, you cannot awaken until you've rested an equal amount of time according to your Humanity rating.

As mentioned, characters with zero blood points in
their blood pools begin to lose health levels each time
the rules call for them to spend blood. When a vampire falls below Incapacitated in this fashion, she enters torpor. There she will remain until someone feeds
her at least a blood point.
If this happens, she may rise,
regardless of Humanity or Path rating. This sort of revivification works only for vampires who enter torpor
from blood loss.

Vampires who enter torpor due to wounds must rest
for a period depending on their Humanity or Path rating:
Humanity/Path Length of Torpor:

10 One day
9 Three days
8 One week
7 Two weeks
6 One month
5 One year
4 One decade
3 Five decades
2 One century
1 Five centuries
0 Millennium+

Following this period of rest, the player may spend
a blood point and make an Awakening roll (p. 262)
for her character to rise. If the vampire has no blood
in her body, she may not rise until she is fed; if the
player fails the Awakening roll, she may spend another blood point and make an Awakening roll the following
night. If the vampire rises successfully, she is considered Crippled and should either spend blood or hunt
immediately.

This is important and people need to pay attention to this.

The one I marked is the one that happens in combat, so awakening in combat is pretty much impossible, right?

"The Moon-Beasts, the ones-who-change, they are the Oldest of all, before my Father they roamed the lands.
Tarry not in the path of them. Avoid them, they are set upon us like wolves in the sheepfold. For we are of one kind, and they another. Beware their sacred ground, walk softly through their wilderness. Do not cross into the their woods, it's filled with spirits and they will seek to kill you. Avoid them for the most part, temporary victory is not worth your unlife."