Author Topic: Flavien Gilles (WIP)  (Read 958 times)

Offline Carl

• Trial Administrator
  • Keep going, you got this.
Flavien Gilles (WIP)
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »
FLAVIEN GILLES

In a world where everyone is over exposed, the coolest thing you can do is maintain your mystery.

Thematic Music
Spoiler for Hidden:

Basic Information

Name: Flavien Gilles.
Nickname(s): Flav.
Date and place of birth: 2/9/1977, Hospital Center Annecy Genevois, Annecy (France)
Blood type: A+
Race: Mage.
Affiliation: Knights of Radamanthys, Euthanatoi (Traditions)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Death is not an end but simply part of a larger cycle. Life picks up where death leaves off, and death finishes what life begins, bringing it back around for another go at things. Sometimes, a life becomes toxic to everything nearby. At that point, death becomes a blessing... a blessing the Euthanatos Tradition is ready to bestow.

Parents: Robert Gilles (deceased), Anatole Christian (alive).
Brothers/sisters: N/A

Nature: Benefactor:

- It’s a cruel world, but you make things easier. Generous sometimes to a fault, you supply whatever you can provide: money, advice, protection, maybe just a shoulder when someone really needs to cry. You can’t just turn blind eyes to suffering and need. It’s your moral duty to do whatever you can do to make things right. When things get tough, you call upon your inner White Knight and charge in, bringing gifts, guidance, and occasional force when nothing else will do.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Altruism is all too rare, especially in the World of Darkness. Helping people is your pleasure. Magick, as far as you’re concerned, is a tool for helping folks less fortunate than yourself. To do less is an abuse of the powers you possess. On the flipside, though, you often feel Obligation even when you’re not actually needed. This, in turn, can become resentment – both on your part and on the parts of people who now feel, rightly or wrongly, that they owe you. Sometimes, you just need to back off, chill out, and let people do things for themselves. Martyrdom isn’t always the best Path toward Ascension.

Demeanor: Rebel:

- The Rebel has issues with authority, usually one particular authority. It may be revenge or idealism that drives him, but he simply can’t obey bad orders — and he’s the one who decides what “bad orders” entail. Most Rebel mages are still young, as consistently defying one’s elders is something that one tends to outgrow... or have beaten out.

Paradigm: Divine Order and Earthly Chaos.
Spoiler for Hidden:
According to the most prevalent belief system on earth these days, the material world is an imperfect reflection or creation of sublime Celestial Order. This paradigm covers the world‘s three dominant religious creeds (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) as well as many strains of Confucianism, Hinduism, and other philosophies. Some believers see a cosmic Adversary opposing the Divine Order‘s God or Gods, and others consider our miserable slab of mortal muck to be a corruption of godly Will or abstract Platonic ideals. (See Gnosticism in Chapter One, p. 39.)

Magick, in this perspective, comes from observance of and obedience to heavenly perfection, or else from the forces of adversity that oppose the Will of Heaven. Some believers, who may view the gods as archetypes that represent that Order, view this heavenly plan as the interplay of impersonal cosmic forces that are perfect in their own right; most, however, see Earth and its surrounding Realms as a titanic chessboard, with mages playing the role of valuable but ultimately expendable pieces in the game.

The obvious creed of monotheistic mages like the Celestial Chorus and the Ahl—i—Batin, this order and chaos model extends to polytheists (the Wu Lung), agnostic mystics (many Akashayana), and groups that straddle and blur the lines between mono and poly—theism (the Bata’a, many Dreamspeakers). Even certain professed atheists, most notably among the Technocracy, accept a godless version of this idea, which merges the Order/ Chaos concept with the Tech Holds All Answers paradigm below. With or without divinities, the core of the paradigm is that perfection exists, and although Earthly life falls far short of it, such grace remains attainable. Ascension, in this case, involves transcending our vale of tears and joining, if only as a servant, the grand Celestial Order.

Characteristics

Ethnicity: Caucasian.
Hair colour: Yellow going to brown.
Eye colour: Brown.
Height: 1,85 m.
Weight: 77 kg.
Body: Normal.
Fashion: Common clothes
Piercings/tattoos: He has got a "rune" that represents his passage after doing the near-death Euthanatoic initiation ritual.
Bodymarks/scars: Non-visible.

Mental

Known languages: English and French (native language).
MBTI Personality: INTP Personality ("The Logician"):

- The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

Temptations: None at this moment.

Spiritual

Religion: The Knights of Radamanthys travel among other Tradition septs, opening his mind with other influences. He is open-minded; however, he follows the chthonic god of the Madonna.
Superstitions: It's not generally a superstition yet a bad thing for an Euthanatos; that is, Jhor.

Likes and Dislikes

Likes: Fate, fortune, death and reborn, chtonic rituals, etc.
Dislikes: Wanton destruction, desecration of the dead and betraying the laws of hospitality and the Chodona.

Goals

· Finished but not completed.
· Not finished nor completed (pending).
· Finished and completed.

· Learn some of the Martial Arts techniques.
· Administrate peace by using both death, life and reborn techniques/magick.
· Ascend through seekings and by respecting the Chodona.
· Learning more from his Arts and such.
· Defeat and kill the ones that betray the Wheel. Let the Wheel turn around.
· Meet his parents after the fire made in Annecy, France.

Interpersonal

· Awful relationship. "Get out of my sight."
· Neutral relationship. "Respect our kind before interacting with me."
· Normal/decent relationship. "You're being truthful. I can trust you."
· Precious/perfect relationship. "I would die for you, buddy."

Katarina Anderson: One of the best I've seen in the town; however, you might seem to lost interest on our friendship after being with that girl, don't you think? (As a Verbena: Your beliefs lack sophistication.)

Kyle Steward: Do not mix "death mage" with myself. I am not exactly a death mage. Remember that I am a Radamanthys, and we judge and think before we act. (As a Verbena: Your beliefs lack sophistication.)

Christopher Morrison: You're a pretty nice guy. It is nice to see someone like you, having interest on something and such.

Brad Carson (unknown name in-characterly): Just relax and let the life turn around you. You'll somehow avoid suicide again and again.

Selene Vitalis (unknown name in-characterly): "Your kind isn't accepted here." What and who are you to tell me that?

Calvin Belfort: I have seen you as a very charismatic gentleman, which is really nice. I've heard you are running a restaurant; perhaps I shall go there and eat something, what do you think?

Edward Blackbear: Too many games for you, don't you think? *chuckles* Sometime, this will kill your social interaction skills. (As a Virtual Adept: I do not know if you are really one of those, since you haven't told me your affiliation, perhaps you are one since you're using a Gameboy. The Adepts' minds aren't as understandable as our minds, if you know what I mean.

Tobias Rothstein: You're a pretty nice guy as mister Belfort is. Nicely done.

Natalia Aqua: I have just seen you when we were with Voltaire. I suppose you're a nice girl.

Voltaire Savage: You seem to have an interest on violence, hmm? Problems are not always solved through violence, but whatever. Do it as you want, bud'. It's your business, to be honest. *smiles*

Relationship with supernaturals:
Spoiler for Hidden:
· Garou: Some of them are hypocrites. They accuse us of being "servants of the Wyrm" or whatever without having a proper reason at all. The heck.

· Mages: Many of them are obsessed about us. They call us "death mages". Gentlemen, do not mispell your words. Being a Radamanthys doesn't mean we have use our magick drastically to kill people. Relax and let the Wheel turn without fear.

· Demons: We have better things to do than to look at you. However, not of them are as bored as I previously said.

· Changing Breeds: I won't share anything if you don't share any interests to us. You've warned us to be on guard for what?

· Hunters: I have to evade you, as the Chodona says. I do not have to kill you unnecessarily without a reason. After all, you are irritable and you track us with a bizarre way. You even make things harder for us because you can resist mind control.

· Kindred: It's nice to see a mixture of death and life at the same time, but you do not have any interest in letting us know more about you.

Relationship with parents: Normal.

Story Information

Spoiler for Hidden:
Introduction story

Pretty, dark night, sitting next to wooden table which had some Tarot cards on. I was sitting there alone, relaxing a bit after some day's work, inside a narrow room which only had the appointed table and chair, and a piano. Suddenly, the sound of a thunder could be heard from the distance. Yes, it was rainy gentleman.

I was looking around, looking for something which I could do to spend my time. After some seconds, I realized I got a notebook on my hands. Oui, it was my old notebook from years ago...- those memories when I was just a fucking idiot walking around the streets, going to university for nothing, after I realized I could see the world as I wanted in my subconscious.

I opened the notebook and looked into it, searching the date when I finished writing my notebook. Oui, the seventh of July of 1994. The date when I opened my eyes and saw the reality as I wanted to see it.

I looked for a second to the Tarot cards I had when I was a kid, when I was like... 15 years old, maybe? I don't quite remember. I realized the "mad, imbécile" card was there. I smiled back then and I looked back into my book, looking at the writings I was doing each week before the seventh of July, which was the last writing I've done it before Awakening.

Suddenly, I noticed a short, but interesting sentence made exactly on the seventh, when I experienced everything.

"Hmph. Everything started like a bang."

And that's how my new life happened.

First writing. 5th of June, 1994

Well, uhm...- I can't tell anything about Annecy, now that quite every part of the city is now on flames. Dad and Mom are afraid, I was afraid as well; but anyways, I just found out from a priest that everyone of us will die. And yes, we get born, we go to school, we couple with someone and then we die. The mere fact of living, oui?

Didn't expect to die so early, though; without having an exact reason of why the fire has happened. Someone said it was because of a forest fire which immediately expand to the city. Another said because of a...- non-well made experiment in a laboratory? I don't know.

Anyways, diary, you know who I am. That guy who has some medium marks, interested on searching information about religions and rituals, grown up in this city by some responsible, charismatic parents which I still love; the guy who visited Africa and Asia in order to experience new types of life, etcetera. I'm not that kind of kid who has rich parents, y'know. Those kids that believe money's the best thing you can have. Pfh, silly kids...

Anyways, the end is here, yep. I just, uhm... don't know what to say further. My friends are out of the city because of, y'know, the fire? Jason just died in a horrible house fire, alongside his parents - may God protect him in Heaven -. He was a good mate, after all. We managed to stay on the same classes for 7 years! Do you believe that? He was one of the best ones I've ever had on school. We were always helping each other at almost every subject: Mathematics, Religious education, English, and so on... We were good parters, until now. What about the others? Well, uhm...- quite dissapointing. I've managed to interact with them and yeah, we got friends. Aaron, Katy, Alex... even with that guy, Patrick, the one with the dentar braces, "brackets" I think; the one who always had marks over nine. When I hear his name, I just remember his face and the moment when he said he got punched by some punks and his mom told him to ignore everyone. Pff, at least he knows what will happen next if he continues like that.

Oh, well. That's everything I can tell for now. It's almost five on the morning, I can't sleep because of the fire, ugh...- and that's all.

Hope to still be here, with another writing to do.

Second writing. 8th of June, 1994

Annecy's still on fire...- we can't do anything other than stay in our house and talk with our parents, because there's no radio signal. I'm bored; and I, uhm..., had a really strange dream. I tried to sleep these days for some hours, and I was able to. The fire didn't annoy me at all, which was a really strange thing. Also, about the dream...- maybe that thing helped me ignore the fire, dunno.

I just...- I was in the middle of nowhere, in a perfectly, clean, white room. I did nothing but looking up, at the ceiling, which was white as well. No windows. Nothing which could lighten the room due to the fact it was illuminated from the beginning of the dream. I felt dizzy for a moment until I saw kind of a semi transparent essence which looked like a normal girl, motivating to go to her. I did some steps in order to approach her but unfortunately, the dream finished when I noticed myself on the floor, quite strange due to the dream itself. I don't know what was that, to be honest.

Anyways, life's the same. Firefighters trying to lit off the fire, school's out, public services like hospitals...- anything. Everyone of us - all the family - knows we'll gonna die no matter what we do. Even France highways leading to Annecy are down. Many streets are full of people praying for God for nothing. Everything you wanted to see was inside this city: Annecy.

Oui, oui... Life's gonna end here.

Tenth writing. 25th of June, 1994

Someone discovered that the fire could be lit off somehow; I'm not glad. Even though we might discover a sollution for this, we will still die before using anything other than water. Lots of planes carrying out water for nothing, hundreds of wise men trying to lit it off by getting gallons of water, firefighters using their tools to lit it off. No chance; the fire is upon us.

Annecy's full of corpses. We are few people: we are three hundred, approximately, alive, without having chance to lit the fire off. It may sound strange but...- I'm not dead yet, and... why is there a fire that "lives" for more than 3 days? Damn, that's strange as hell.

Still having dreams though. I'm trying to figure out what's happening on my mind. I'm still having the same dream which I had some days ago, approximately on the tenth of this month: being on the same white floor, approaching "that girl"... I don't know, everything's STRANGE. I noticed I'm nearly there, next to "her".

Anyways, I'm going to start leaving this diary. I guess I'm done by the fire.

Collection of writings from the 26th of June until the 7th of July

Everything's shaking. I can hear and smell the fire from my house. It's almost here. But even though I'm still locked in my house, playing something with my parents, I felt something was diferent. I could hear some strange whispers inside my head, which came from nowhere. I don't know. I'm getting lost anyways.

Dreams are way too strange. I have taken the girl's hand, but then it disappeared, finishing my dream. Until that night, I hadn't got any other dreams. Everything's way too strange.

I don't pray to God. God is useless for me, since it won't do anything for me and my family. I don't care about anything now there's a fire right upon my damn face.

We are all intoxicated by the fire. Smoke's everywhere, even on the house. Dad's sleeping, and mom is "reading her last book before dying". Yes, we are a strange family, okay? You could just think we are stupid, idiot people who don't want to avoid the fire; they want to die. But it isn't true. I mean, I knew death was right behind us, but not at this age. I'm at the early twenties, man. How would I die so early?

You could just solve this problem by going anywhere else by car. Eh, eh; you forgot something: highways. They were out of order, huh. Interesting.

What about just walking out from the city? Neither this option. Annecy's covered all by a big amount of fauna and flora, which is now on fire as well. We couldn't trespass anything.

Anyways, I'm still hearing non-understandable noises in my head. I can't find anything about them.

I'm starting to get ill, I think. The fire is right near our house's door. Dad's been trying litting something of it by using water. No chance. Nothing.

We don't have food anymore. We are out of supplies. But we have water from a big deposit near our house, luckily unaffected by the fire.

No one's doing anything anymore. I haven't seen firefighters for three days, which made the fire expand faster than before.

I'm going to write the last piece of writing right on the next page, tomorrow the seventh. I'd like to write something else right before I disappear from this world.

Spoiler for Hidden:
This is a part which will be commented as a dialeg between Flavien's Avatar and him. This is not the diary anymore.

Inspiration, rebirth and revival

Flavien got up earlier than the other days. It was approximately 3 AM in the morning. He has somehow felt better than before, like a newborn child. He just looked confused at himself until, surprisingly, something on his head could be heard.

"Hey! Here!", said the unknown voice which looked like a female one.

Flavien looked around, noticing anyone. He just ignored the message as he tried to look at the fire through the window.

"Hello? Don't ignore me, you little bastard!"

Flavien looked around again without noticing anyone still. "The fuck's happening? Am I going crazy?", said himself lowly as he looked back at the fire.

"You're not crazy, mate. Just... shut up for a second. Look..."

"... I'm trying to help you understand what you've become now, you'll now see the world as I see it. You're in danger, a'ight? Calm down and relax. You can solve this by using your mind. "

"Huh? The fuck am I hearing?", asked Flavien himself.

"What did I just say? Shut up. Look. I'm going to guide you get out of the problem you have, okay?"

"Just close your eyes and lay down, NOW."

Flavien, confused, closed his eyes as he somehow travelled through wonders, in a dark space. He started wondering what the hell was doing on that moment. After some seconds, his mind "travelled" through unknown, future moments which would happen in Flavien's lifetime. After that moment, he could somehow sense his destiny. He sensed two futures: a brutal one and a safe one which happened somehow - oddly -.

Flavien jumped to his bed, inside the first future-wonder. He blinked thrice before changing his clothes, trying to not let his parents notice him. He fastly ran to the house's door, trying to figure out how to escape from that fire in order to survive. Unsuccessfully and unfortunately, Flavien witnessed a bright, yellow light which came onto his head. He suddenly appeared on his bed again. Yep, the first one was a bad destiny. He'd get caught by the fire.

Flavien changed his clothes once again as he went towards another door which lead to the back side of the house, covered with fire as well. He took up a bucket of water and landed it on the floor. Nothing. He put water on the bucket once again and threw it harder onto the fire's base surface. Strangely but fortunately, a small part of fire disappeared instantly, which made Flavien have his escape chance.

Flavien got back to reality itself, looking around.

"So? Go and choose your destiny!", said the voice.

"What about my parents?"

"You don't need them, for now. I'm sorry, but you have to survive!"

Flavien did the same as the second future-wonder happened. He changed his clothes and tried to lit off the fire. A small part of it disappeared after some seconds.

"Now, run before the small fire gets back in front of you!"

Flavien closed his eyes as he screamed as strong as he could, trying to escape from the fire. Luckily, there was no fire anymore in Flavien's front, except from the one near his house. Flavien runned as fast as he could, arriving at some sort of a deposit. He went down by some stairs, arriving at an underground station. Somehow, Flavien noticed a bright light again, realizing there was someone there.

"Take my hand, fellow boy."

That guy somehow noticed he was a newly Awakened mage and aided him get out of there.

A new life

"Look, kid. Do you have any idea about what happened before?"

"What do you think?"

"Don't be like that, mate. I'm trying to help you out with something."

"With what?"

Flavien and that unknown man - between his thirties and forties, taller than bim, obviously -, were situated in a narrow street, on the outskirts of Annecy, in its periphery, to be precise. The man approached at him, trying to tell him something. Flavien noticed a wonder back again: the man would somehow take away a Deagle as he may aim at it, so, rapidly, Flavien tried to take out the gun. Unluckily, he didn't, although he did a great attempt of doing it.

"Oh...- that's nice and odd at the same time. Aren't you frightened?"

Flavien shook his head. "What do you think, pretty man who wanted to shoot me?"

"Hey.", told the man, putting the Deagle back in its place, approaching at his ear. "Savez-vous qui vous êtes?"

Flavien became confused after hearing that. "Oui? I'm just a simple boy on his twenties who had to die because of a fire."

"Vous vous trompez.", said the man, looking around before starting to speak again. "Look, how did you know I wanted to aim a Deagle in your head?"

Flavien shrugged for a moment. "I can sense the destiny as well as you.", told the man.

The man invited him to follow him. Flavien accepted his deal as he followed him, really being strange of everything.

"I understand nothing. Who are you, where am I, what happened, what's the voice inside of my head?"

"You'll discover it in a pair of hours, and after some years. Let me introduce myself."

Other Information

Does he drink?: Yes, he does (but on random events, rarely).
Does he know about supernaturals: Yes, he does (as described above in the "Interpersonal" part).
Has he been detained by someone: No, he hasn't.
Has he used any drugs or cardiac medicine: No, he hasn't (/YET/).
Marital status: Single.
Sexuality: Bi-sexual.

Story Timeline

(Next update)

''Stars can't shine without darkness.''
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:19:29 PM by Carl »
Some people are simply blessed with the gift of good taste, and Carl is one of those cases.

Offline Carl

• Trial Administrator
Re: Flavien Gilles (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »
This character profile is still in progress. Feel free to read it and post your opinions. Thank you.
Some people are simply blessed with the gift of good taste, and Carl is one of those cases.

Offline Explosively Savage Arrow

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »
you stole stuarts faceclaim

Offline virus

• Helper
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:55 PM »
stuart is broken  ahahaha 

Online Arther99

• Emergency Services
  • The law does not protect the dupes.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:15:05 PM »
Great ;)

Offline Mike_Stevensons

• Emergency Services
  • #teampussy
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
Tu que?

Offline ibrahimqaud

• Ripperino
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 02:11:41 PM »
Good stuff.
Spoiler for Characters List:
Nikolai Kotov [Ghoul] (Current)
Hayato Yamazuki [Human] (Inactive)
Keith Black [Human] (Inactive)
Sean Jefferson [Human] (Inactive)
Spoiler for complaints:

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
Gl dude
Nice CP

Offline Carl

• Trial Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 03:33:58 PM »
you stole stuarts faceclaim
stuart is broken  ahahaha 
Tu que?

Okay, modified (didn't pay attention to his CP). Sorry. -.-

Offline Explosively Savage Arrow

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
this guy barely year old
niec

Offline Mike_Stevensons

• Emergency Services
  • #teampussy
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 03:47:24 PM »
Lol its alright I was joking

Offline Hydra