Author Topic: Shayara Laylah  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Raven Corella

Shayara Laylah
« on: March 19, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »

Character Story
    (Click above for a redirect to the full story. Warning: Intense boredom awaits.)

"I have grown wise, and no longer do I fear bullets."
    "They do bashing anyway. "

General Information:

Name: Shayara Laylah
    • Shayara stands for versatility and spontaneity, where as Laylah has Arabic origins and stands for either darkness or night.
      Exact translation is born at night, or shall I say... reborn?
    Place of origin: Egypt
    Racial information: Vampire, 8th generation, daughter of Haqim, Sorcerer caste.
    Past affiliations: Children of Haqim, Followers of Set, Kindred of the East, European Camarilla
    • She has been an active Assamite since the beginning 15th century, was sent to infiltrate the Camarilla then discharged from the main clan under the circumstances. She rejoined the clan after the pact, though that was short lived and she left the clan during the Schism.
    • Following embrace, Shayara ventured back to Egypt where she worked with the Followers of Set. Though that does not necessarily place here in the shoes of a Setite, she was affiliated with them for several decades.
    • In an attempt to gain more information on the curse laid down by the Tremere, Shayara was sent as an undercover spy to retrieve something from a well-guarded domain.  It would take two decades before she could be trusted, and in the end she did retrieve the book, but at the price of her sire's death.
    • Given the Amr expected Camarilla investigations, Shayara was cast away from the Assamite fortress to seek her own path, she ended up in Japan where she had encountered and worked alongside a Eastern bloodline for about 50 years.
    Current affiliation: Baleful Lynx & Camarilla

Physical Appearance:

Apparent age: 28
    Ethnicity: Middle Eastern.
    Skin characteristics: Ebony, rough skin.
    Hair characteristics: Long, yaki straight or wavy swavy raven hair.
    Facial characteristics: Oval shaped face,  dark blue eyes
    Body characteristics: Well built mesomorph.
    Distinguishing features:
    • Having fought many battles, she had earned a fair share of scars, some failing to heal to this day. Most notorious is the one on her cheek that goes all the way down to her throat.
    • Due to the curse of darkness that affects the Assamite, she has a very dark skin color, some might say unnatural, though most of the times it's concealed by a layer of make up that lightens the shade/tone.
    • When wearing short sleeves, one could observe a substantial yin/yang tattoo on her shoulder.
    Height: 1.85 m or 6+ ft

Personality Insight:

Humanity/path: Walks on the Path of Blood
    Temperament: Melancholic/sanguine.
    Trivia stuff: Drinks alcohol, acknowledges God's existence but isn't religious.
    Stereotypes: She believes in individualism, everyone is worthy of a separate judgement.
    Code of honor/moral ethics:
    • Faithfully follow the teachings of Haqim..
    • Mortals are beneath the notice of vampires. Feed from them only when necessary.
    • Withstand the Beast's fury -- failing to master oneself results in lessened prowess.
    • Seek knowledge that may aid the Clan in its war on the cursed spawn of Caine.
    • Don't hesitate to learn, whether from the weak and the strong, the mistake of a fool and the success of a wise man, it is an opportunity which should not be lost.
    • Knowledge is a privilege, don't extend it to mortals undeserving of its power and do whatever must be done to keep our secret.
    Nature: Chameleon
    • Independent and self-reliant, you carefully study the behavior and mannerisms of everyone you come in contact with so you can pass yourself off as someone else later. You spend so much time altering your mannerisms and appearance that your own sire may not even recognize you. Spies, con artists, drag queens, and impostors best represent the Chameleon.
    Domeanor: Enigma
    • Your actions are bizarre, puzzling, and inexplicable to everyone except yourself. Your strangeness may be a residual effect from your Embrace, or the most effective way for you to carry out your work. To the rest of the world, however, your erratic actions suggest that you're eccentric if not completely crazy.

Background Information:

Combat proficiency: Ranged & melee.

Powers:
    • ●●●●● The Hunter's Winds
    • ●●●●● Echo of Nirvana
    • ●●●●○ Movement of the Mind
    • ●●●○○ Jinn's gift
    • ●●●○○ Praapti (Sadhana)
    • ●○○○○ Elemental Mastery (Thaumaturgy)
    • Ritual: Armor of Diamond Serenity (Sadhana)
    • Ritual: Bull of Heaven (Du'ran'ki)
    • ●●●●○ Quietus
    • ●●●●○ Obfuscate
    • ●●●●○ Fortitude
    • ●●●○○ Dominate
    • ●●○○○ Auspex
    • ●●○○○ Celerity

Merits:
    • Deceptive Aura (1pt. Merit): Her aura is unnatural for an undead, she shows up as a human on all readings.
    • Acute Sense (1pt. Merit): Exceptionally developed sight, appropriate rolls are reduced by 2.
    • Eat Food (1pt. Merit): Able to taste and savor mundane beverages & food without vomiting instantly.
    • Thousand Meter Killer (1pt. Merit): Difficulties for sniper rolls are reduced by 1. Distance is doubled.
    • Ambidextrous (1pt. Merit): Can wield weapons and tools with both hands without a penalty.
    • Code of Honor (2pt. Merit): When acting in accordance to her code, she gains two WP/Virtue dice.
    • Enchanting Voice (2pt. Merit): Difficulties for rolls involving her voice are lowered by 2.
    • Lucky (3pt. Merit): Can repeat 3 failed or botched rolls per story. Once per roll.

Flaws:
    • Touch of Frost (1pt. Flaw): Her skin is unnaturally cold and leeches the heat out of living beings.
    • Failure (2pt. Flaw): She is branded incompetent and is excluded from circles of power in the domain.
    • Outcast (2pt. Flaw): Social rolls against members of her caste are at a +2 difficulty.
    • Clan Enmity (4pt. Flaw): The clan Giovanni wants her dead, social rolls against that clan are at +2 diff.

Ghouls/Thralls

Spoiler for John Adams:
    Name: John Adams
    Concept: Sabbat Mole
    Other: John has been captured and blood bonded by Shayara and is currently feeding her information about the local movements of the enemy sect.

Spoiler for Patricia Jane:
    Name: Patricia Jane
    Concept: Assistant/Driver
    Other: She will often be seen driving the limousine, but in truth her duties are far more extensive, since she's the one who manages drug related operations and is also in charge of managing the headquarters of the Baleful Lynx. Besides being trustworthy, this young lady is very smart and knows how to behave.

Spoiler for Mitsuru Orochi:
    Name: Mitsuru Orochi
    Concept: Martial Arts trainer
    Other: A very old man who nearly reached his death, Mitsuru had nothing to lose when Shayara found him. After willingly accepting immortality, Mitsuru began teaching the Baleful Lynx members how to fight and hone their martial skills.

Personal Goals:
    [] Achieved.
    [] In progress/Ongoing.
    [] Failed.

[] - Augment her knowledge of the Occult.
    [] - Learn useful Du'ran'Ki rituals
    [] - Master the paths her sire knew.
    [] - Improve melee & martial arts skills.
    [] - Establish a haven in Red County.
    [] - Cleanse Red County of Raveners.
    [] - Lead her Coterie to success.
    [] - Lose her pursuers and return to Red County.
    [] - Provide significant aid in taking down the Sabbat in SA.
    [] - Gain more power and knowledge.
    [] - Cement her position in the Camarilla.

[/list]
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:05:20 PM by Raven Corella »

Offline Raven Corella

Shayara Laylah - Relationships
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 02:01:56 PM »
    Relationships / :

[] - I will show you the wrath that burns within me.
    [✦✦] - Neutral.
    [✦✦✦] - Friends as far as human standards go.
    [✦✦✦✦] - I can trust you.
    [✦✦✦✦✦] - You're my weakness.

[✦✦✦] Example - Name : My thoughts on you

[✦✦✦✦] - Johnny Aldford: You were always a great retainer and I can confide in your loyalty.

[✦✦✦✦] - Isaac Burns: One of the greatest allies I have ever had in Red County, I'm glad to have you by my side.

[✦✦] - Elizabeth Macker I don't know enough to judge, but it seems like you'll be of great assistance to my cause.

[✦✦] - Lady Lilian Let the games begin!!!

[✦✦] - Greg the mobsta' I haven't infiltrated your life for long enough, but from what I gather you're a fairly calculated leader. It's a pity we didn't get to work together.

[✦✦] - Lord Aun Great Ventrue, an aspiring man that neonates have much to learn from. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

[✦✦] - Flynn Lancaster We weren't at best terms when you left, but now we're on the same side again, and it seems this is a great opportunity to pick up where we left and build a mutually beneficial relationship. 

[✦✦] - Ashsushshushusushus Name Too Long Know your place and I'll keep my influence to a minimum, play a card against me and I'll ruin your life so hard you'll need archaeologists to make sense of what's left.

[✦✦✦] - Mikhail Zharkov I was skeptical about your ability to lead the department, but the other day I've been proven otherwise. You weren't a complete dick in the sense that you want everyone behind bars, and so far I hope you remain in your seat  until I leave Red County.

[✦✦✦] - Melanie Shepherd Your relationship with that fool makes you invaluable to me, and you didn't give me a reason to distrust you even after that botched ritual. I have faith you'll make it far.

[✦✦✦] - Lloyd the Prince You've greatly changed what Camarilla means in this County and you have my gratitude. We'll do great things together.

[✦✦✦] - Kurt the doggo I don't think I've let anyone but you and my Sire stab me without consequence. Politics are dirty, but I can see clear as daylight that your interests for Camarilla are pure, and that is why you are a great man.

[✦✦✦] - Taylor Knight Your only lacking quality is self control, naturally-.. but I still can't deny your value since you've helped me so many times. The Coterie and I are indebted to you.
    « Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:22:40 AM by Raven Corella »

Offline Explosively Savage Arrow

Re: Shayara Laylah - Everything included (WIP)
    « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »
    arabic is a language. she should be arab or middle eastern as ethnicity.

other than that, cool, id trade my goats to wife.

Offline Xed

• Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
    « Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:07:04 PM »
     What a relief that everything is included; unlike other character profiles!

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »
    What a relief to see that you meet the general toxicity level and will fit in perfectly with the other VWH rp players.

Wade, fixed.

Offline Xed

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »
    What a relief to see that you meet the general toxicity level and will fit in perfectly with the other VWH rp players.

Wade, fixed.

You were merely adopted by the shitposting. I was born in it, moulded by it.

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 03:56:12 PM »

Wade, fixed.

You were merely adopted by the shitposting. I was born in it, moulded by it.

Yeah, too bad shitposters all end up being banned.
    Now, if it would please you, stay out of my topic and make your clever remarks elsewhere.

Offline Xed

Shayara Laylah - Everything included (WIP)
    « Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »
    Geez, Louise. I'm sorry!
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:24:41 PM by Xed »

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
    « Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »
    Followers of Set - I have spent many decades at your side. Treacherous as you may be, you were useful allies, despite our misunderstandings.
    that's right, come closer child of haqim, listen to my tale

Offline Raven Corella

Re: Shayara Laylah -
    « Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »
    Followers of Set - I have spent many decades at your side. Treacherous as you may be, you were useful allies, despite our misunderstandings.
    that's right, come closer child of haqim, listen to my tale

xo-xo, I knew you'd comment on that :p

The topic is updated with powers and other shit. I'll add the merits &  flaws as soon as I get my apps reviewed as well.

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
    Re: Shayara Laylah
    « Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 06:55:28 PM »
    I'll say this lavric radu. Every assamite sorcerer i've seen just looks like an assamite warrior to me.
    just sayin bro

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »
    I'll say this lavric radu. Every assamite sorcerer i've seen just looks like an assamite warrior to me.
    just sayin bro
    I don't like stereotypical characters. das' all.
    Besides, it's not like most of our shit is unbanned and we can actually do shit as sorcerers.

oh and jah, assamite sorcerers did fight too. A lot.

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
    Updated merits and flaws, some new powers and some relationships.

Offline Luciano.C

• https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so
    « Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »
    Alright

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
    -Added the previously banned discs.
    -Updated equipment
    -Added/changed new relationships