Author Topic: Classic World of Darkness (CWoD) Combat System  (Read 9341 times)

Offline Dielan

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
Re: Classic World of Darkness Combat System (OWoD/CWoD)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »
for Werewolves Aggravated damage can be soaked in any form except their breed form.
Does that go for Metis as well?

As far as I know, Metis are blessed with possibillity to soak aggravated and regenerate in any form - however, they cannot soak silver damage at all, unlike Homids who can soak in human form and Lupus that can soak it in wolf form.
They do regen in all forms, but I'm unsure if they can soak agg in crinos. I was told they could back before this guide was made, but I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

Offline d4rko

• Senior Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 05:18:59 PM »
for Werewolves Aggravated damage can be soaked in any form except their breed form.

Soaking has nothing to do with regeneration, the two are completely different and yes. Every werewolf soaks any type of damage except silver and also can't soak aggravated if they are in their breed form.

• Bashing damage can be soaked by any character at difficulty 6.

• Lethal damage can be soaked by Garou and many other supernatural creatures at difficulty 6. Humans cannot normally soak lethal damage, although exceptionally tough ones may be able to try and soak it (Storyteller’s option) at difficulty 8.

• Aggravated damage, other than that inflicted by silver, can be soaked by Garou at difficulty 6 in any form except their breed form. Silver damage cannot be soaked in any form except the breed form, and metis Garou can’t soak it at all. To homid and lupus Garou, silver stings exposed skin when those werewolves are in their breed forms, but inflicts damage only if it’s been fashioned into weapons… in which case blades or bullets are lethal and blunt-force weapons deal out bashing damage. Non Garou, of course, can’t soak aggravated damage at all unless they have some form of supernatural resistance to such injuries.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:20:58 PM by d4rko »

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
Yielding: The character chooses to hold off until someone else acts first. If she had initiative, she can move at any other point within that turn. If the turn ends, she loses that action. If everyone yields, the action turn is over.

Could/Would you have to yield if the situation goes say followed:
4 players, Player D who goes last is your ally, Player C attacks player D, but Player B runs away.
If your Player A who goes first, would you have to yield, to interfere with player C's attack on your ally who is player D, considering if player D has a completely different action?
Could that be an option, or couldn't you just attack player C who intends to attack, thus forcing him to spend a willpower or just completely take your attack head on?

I am not sure I understand the questions but you can yield at any time. See how declaring actions work.

As far as I know, Metis are blessed with possibillity to soak aggravated and regenerate in any form - however, they cannot soak silver damage at all, unlike Homids who can soak in human form and Lupus that can soak it in wolf form.
They do regen in all forms, but I'm unsure if they can soak agg in crinos. I was told they could back before this guide was made, but I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

Crinos can soak aggravated damage when the source of the damage isn't Silver.

Offline Southern

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »
Life sphere mages are now unable to soak lethal/aggravated damage?

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »

Why are you thinking so?

It clearly says Humans and Mages soak Lethal at difficulty of 8 UNLESS they have some sort of supernatural enhancements. Life Sphere is supernatural enhancement.

Offline Southern

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 06:32:38 PM »

Why are you thinking so?

It clearly says Humans and Mages soak Lethal at difficulty of 8 UNLESS they have some sort of supernatural enhancements. Life Sphere is supernatural enhancement.

I didn't read all of that, my bad.

Offline Hal

• The King in the North
  • 0161 mandy on the map
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 06:48:45 PM »
How does this system make the already long fighting system shorter? It feels like this'll make fighting even longer and feels like it doesn't fit too well with SAMP. Just curious.
#freemason
#mdma

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 06:55:42 PM »
How does this system make the already long fighting system shorter? It feels like this'll make fighting even longer and feels like it doesn't fit too well with SAMP. Just curious.

I agree because, in battles where there's 7 people...

step 1, count iniatives
Lowest iniative states his action, followed by everyone else, covering all of the chat lines.
Players start making their actions and rolls, by the time everyone is done, the last player may not even do his stated action properly, and since everyone around may not remember it either, it'll create confusion.

The system is effective in small scale fights, but idk about big group on group ones.

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Previous system was broken.

Clear example: 1 guy fighting 4 others, and he keeps dodging each strike with full dice. If you're a powerful character, you're invincible.

This system cuts it off. If you know your stuff, it won't take long, it's been tested IG plenty of times.

If it takes too much time, it's due to people arguing, not because of the system itself.

Offline Tom.

• Naive
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »
It shortens it by removing dodging every single attack in your direction.
Raven,  someone just needs to keep track of everyone's action which shouldn't be anymore difficult than taking initiative in large fights.
This makes more sense and is going to cut down things drastically and gives a huge buff to outnunbering someone.

Offline Hal

• The King in the North
  • 0161 mandy on the map
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
Previous system was broken.

Clear example: 1 guy fighting 4 others, and he keeps dodging each strike with full dice. If you're a powerful character, you're invincible.

This system cuts it off. If you know your stuff, it won't take long, it's been tested IG plenty of times.

If it takes too much time, it's due to people arguing, not because of the system itself.

Seems like if you're a powerful character you're still invincible lmao, moreso.
#freemason
#mdma

Offline Mustard_xP07

• Bitch sit down, be humble.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »

I agree because, in battles where there's 7 people...

step 1, count iniatives
Lowest iniative states his action, followed by everyone else, covering all of the chat lines.
Players start making their actions and rolls, by the time everyone is done, the last player may not even do his stated action properly, and since everyone around may not remember it either, it'll create confusion.

The system is effective in small scale fights, but idk about big group on group ones.
Then do it one by one or by pair ..Oorr  every individual enemy partners should have 1 story teller idk this is just my opinion though
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:22:30 PM by Mustard_xP07 »

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 08:38:48 PM »

If you read the guide you might notice that defensive maneuvers are not classied as reflexive which almost halves the amount of rolls compared to the previous system we used.

The main issue with the long lasting fight is lack of knowledge, not the system that is used.

The main purpose of this guide was not to shorten the fight length. That is an issue you need to work on individually.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:41:29 PM by Rudy »

Offline M.C Raindrop

• Yeah BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 08:47:37 PM »
Well now the whole fucking server will have a fight in /b.

Thanks Oba' Rudy.

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
Well now the whole fucking server will have a fight in /b.

Thanks Oba' Rudy.

I was actually hoping for a war.