Author Topic: Incapacitated And Torpor  (Read 988 times)

Online Rudy

• Forum Administrator
Incapacitated And Torpor
« on: February 02, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »
Incapacitated
The stage immediately before torpor. When a Vampire or Hybrid's HP drops to 0.0 they enter the Incapacitated state which makes them unable to move or speak.

In order to get out of the Incapacitated state, the player must spend at least 1 blood point for healing. (/(u)se(b)lood(p)oint [YourPlayerID] healing)

If your character succumbs to aggravated damage while at incapacitated, she directly meets Final Death.

Torpor
Once the player is in Incapacitated state and basing or lethal type of damage is applied (/(a)pply(d)amage), the player enters torpor state for a certain amount of time which is dictated by the character's Humanity rating.
Torpor length by Humanity rating:
10 - One turn
9 - Three turns
8 - One scene
7 - One day
6 - Three days
5 - One week
4 - Two weeks
3 - One month
2 - One year
1 - One decade
0 - One century
Note that you may do nothing, not even spend blood, until this period of time has passed. Once the torpor period has passed, you can spend a blood point and make an Awakening roll for her character to rise. (Humanity roll at difficulty 8. The blood point is automatically spent upon entering the correct roll.)

Final Death
If the undead is at the Incapacitated health level or in torpor and takes one more level of aggravated damage (Only aggravated damage can be applied while in torpor), he dies. The death is usually known as player kill (PK) but it can also be a permanent character kill (CK) upon which the character is completely removed from the game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:32:42 PM by Rudy »

Offline Hunter

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
  • (shake) Oh No... (shake)
Re: Incapacitated And Torpor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
Do vampires still ash if they lose their final Health Level to Aggravated Damage?

Offline The Eternal Stud

• Army of one
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 07:03:21 PM »
Incapacitated
The stage immediately before torpor. When a Vampire or Hybrid's HP drops to 0.0 they enter the Incapacitated state which makes them unable to move or speak. In order to get out of the Incapacitated state, the player must spend at least 1 blood point for healing. (/(u)se(b)lood(p)oint [YourPlayerID] healing)

If the player falls to incapacitated from aggravated damage, i don't think he has a shot at healing any of the aggravated damage on /scene/. yes ?

Online Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:07:18 PM »
If the player falls to incapacitated from aggravated damage, i don't think he has a shot at healing any of the aggravated damage on /scene/. yes ?
You are not supposed to heal aggravated with blood points.

Do vampires still ash if they lose their final Health Level to Aggravated Damage?
They ash only when they face final death.

Offline d4rko

• Senior Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »
Incapacitated
The stage immediately before torpor. When a Vampire or Hybrid's HP drops to 0.0 they enter the Incapacitated state which makes them unable to move or speak. In order to get out of the Incapacitated state, the player must spend at least 1 blood point for healing. (/(u)se(b)lood(p)oint [YourPlayerID] healing)

You don't fall incapacitated from aggravated damage, unless Rudy has a specific house rule for that.
Quote from: V20 Vampire The Masquerade
Worst of all, a vampire who loses his
last health level due to aggravated damage meets Final
Death his eternal life ends at last, and he goes to
whatever awaits him beyond the grave.

Offline Hunter

• (shake) Oh No... (shake)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
In the book, vampires ash immediately is they lose their last health level due Agg damage.

Is this a new house rule or..? I don't get what you mean by "their final death" since agg damage is already final death for a vampire.

Offline The Eternal Stud

• Army of one
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:11:34 PM »
You are not supposed to heal aggravated with blood points.

They ash only when they face final death.

If we follow the book accordingly, a vampire can heal aggravated damage by resting 1 full day and spending the neccessary blood points(i think 4 or 5)  to heal 1 aggravated health level of damage, he can also spend 1 willpower point to heal 1 more aggravated health level instead of just 1.

But Flavberg already spoke to you about this and you mentioned that ''use the /ubp system'', not that im saying you should or can heal aggravated damage on /turn/ or /scene/ basis(unless exclusive disciplines aka Obeah etc).

For example, Kristijan suffers 4 aggravated damage and he manages to escape the scene he was being attacked on, he goes back home and simply uses /ubp to heal his damage instead of using the v20 system of waiting days to heal and shit, yes ?

Online Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Honestly I've never seen anyone (Vampire or non Vampire) roleplaying healing aggravated damage by the book.

In the book, vampires ash immediately is they lose their last health level due Agg damage.

Is this a new house rule or..? I don't get what you mean by "their final death" since agg damage is already final death for a vampire.

AFAIK we've been always roleplaying ashing when the undead succumbs to final death. Even by the book final death always means ashing.

Also AFAIK a Vampire's last health level is torpor, not incapacitated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:23:01 PM by Rudy »

Offline Dielan

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »
What they mean is, as far as I can tell, the book/game correlation for us is that if a vampire reaches 0 hp due to aggravated damage, they suffer Final Death instead of be incapacitated. That's what it looks like to me when I read the passage stated, and by what they're asking.

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 06:36:16 AM »
a few questions.

can we enter torpor voluntarily?
how many successes determines whether we arise from torpor, just 1?
what happens when you botch?

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »
In order to clarify. In VWH-RP, when a Vampire gets bursted and say, takes 12 aggravated in the same turn... Do you go into incap, and then require to take further damage so you lost your last level and either go torpor or meet final death  OR do you ash without going in incap mode first?

Online $hadow

• Emergency Services
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 07:00:11 PM »
In order to clarify. In VWH-RP, when a Vampire gets bursted and say, takes 12 aggravated in the same turn... Do you go into incap, and then require to take further damage so you lost your last level and either go torpor or meet final death  OR do you ash without going in incap mode first?

I had asked this question before. According to the book, if a Vampire takes like 12 aggravated damage, he instantly ashes, but apparently here Rudy says it's Torpor. Like, if a Vanpire takes all lethal, he falls incapacitated rather than Torpor.
(Sorry if I'm wrong though, cause I'm not 100 % sure. At least that's what I heard.)

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
yeh I know how it is according to the book but VWH is different apparently.