Author Topic: Kai Rivera  (Read 984 times)

Offline Iron

• Helper
  • Professional & Expensive Mapper
Kai Rivera
« on: May 12, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »

"The universe is full of confusion and hate.
It needs to be cleansed to be a better one,
to one that can be controlled to fit people
into their perfect dream worlds.
Once those people die down
and the rational ones emerge,
only then we can truly find peace."
-Kai Rivera.

Name: Kai Rivera
- A name he has given himself after multiple identity swaps.
Nicknames: Kai, K4.

Date of birth: Not known, but he wants to believe it's on February 11th. He looks 30 years old.
Place of birth: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.

Nature: Analyst
Spoiler for Hidden:
It doesn't matter how bizarre, horrifying, or alien something is, the Analyst knows that it can be understood if the right information is collected and studied. To him, everything is data to be sorted, examined and used to understand what's really going on. Everything has some significance and thus must be cataloged and considered. Once enough data is collected, everything will become clear. The Analyst constantly runs the risk of looking for information when there is none, however, or of spending so much time analyzing that he never comes to any conclusions.

Demeanor: Hacker
Spoiler for Hidden:
You just have to fuck with stuff. Nothing is good enough as-is - you must test, twist, bend, and break whatever it is you work with. Although the label “hacker” usually applies to computer dweebs, you don't necessarily work with computers at all. Your quest in life is to take things apart, see how they work, and see if you can fix 'em, break 'em, or put them back together in new and interesting ways.

Your twisted imagination is essential in a world where people usually do things by rote, pattern, and precedent. By breaking the patterns and redefining them, you notice weak spots, improve utility, and keep your rivals off-guard.

Sometimes though, you go too far. This perversity forces you to screw with things better left alone. Even when you know you really shouldn't hack into the Matriarch's database and try to put fuzzy bunnies on MECHA's screens, you'll probably try to do it anyway. Someday, your ingenuity might get you killed… or worse.

Personality: LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-A)
Affiliation: Traditions, Virtual Adepts.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Ethnicity: Semi Caucasian, Semi Hispanic.
Race: Human (mage)
Hair colour: Dark brown.
Eye colour: Dark blue, almost black.

Distinguishing features:
- He looks calm and tired most of the time. He would rarely smile.
- He has a small body frame, but he looks like he can handle himself. He would have some muscle tone.
- He has a tribal tattoo on the back of his neck, but you wouldn't really see it.
- He always wears a red baseball cap, short-sleeved shirts with a vest on them, and shorts.
- He always has a cigarette in his mouth, but he doesn't seem to enjoy it.
- At most times he has a side bag he carries his laptop with him.

Height: 168 centimeters
Weight: 55 kilograms.

Parents: --
- Died in a car crash when he was young, was living off the streets with his sister. With time he forgot their names and looks. He was rather young when it happened and it affected his life since then.
Siblings: His sister, Trisha.
- Murdered in a dark alleyway, he could not protect her and he carries that guilt until this day.
Marital status: Single.
- He is hard to love, therefor he may stay like this forever. His sexual orientation adds to this factor as well.
Sexual orientation: Asexual.
- He has no sexual preference and he enjoys it that way.

Does he smoke?: Yes.
- He's always smoking cigarettes excessively.

Does he drink?: Rarely.
- He believes that if he gets drunk he won't be able to function properly, thus letting his enemies have an advantage.
Is he religious?: No.
- His sister was slightly religious even though the harsh times they were put through, but he never confined in religion. He visits the church sometimes in her honor.
Aware of supernatural presence?: Aware.
- Has advanced knowledge.

Strengths:
- Knowledge aspects
- Technology.
- His view of the world.
- His Cabal.

Weaknesses:
- Rarely emotional.
- Not physically strong.

Loves:
- Anything to do with technology.
- Work. Kai loves to work, it puts his mind at ease.
- Create, develop and plan out things.
- Chinese food, you might like it, but Kai loves it.

Hates:
- Technocracy, they hurt him too many times.
- Being put in the middle of a social interaction.
- Social events.
- Physical fights, he knows how to fight but he still hates it.

Behavior: Kai is always quiet, he speaks when he needs to. If he starts a conversation with you it means he acknowledges you as a higher being than the rest. Kai has changed. He is no longer your quiet man, he would rarely shout but when he does you better watch out. He speaks up because he has to now. If he starts a conversation with you, it might be for various reasons but you should doubt it is because he wants to be friendly with you.

Defining dates and Events in his life:

- 02/10/1988 - The death of his sister.
- 09/12/1980 - The death of his parents.
- 21/07/1992 - The death of his old Cabal.
- 06/08/1997 - The death of Ashuramaru.

Paradigm: Everything is Data.
Spoiler for Hidden:
It’s all code. That’s the theory, anyway. What we call reality is actually a simulation, a Matrix, a holographic projection that can be manipulated by anyone who knows the Reality Code. Variations on this idea include the concept of a God code that allows the Enlightened Elite to find cheats; a code is interwoven into holy texts like the Bible, Qur’an, or Torah, or in divinatory systems like the I Ching or Tarot; a computerized take on the Mechanistic Cosmos paradigm; or the theory that everything is composed of waves and frequencies that can be adjusted with music or other methods. Regardless of the nature of that information, the paradigm remains the same: everything is data and smart folks can work with that data. For those who embrace this paradigm, the Digital Web is the ultimate smoking gun. Composed of living (or at least adjustable) data, the Web embodies this belief. The material world, of course, is far more complex, with eons’ worth of bugs and twists of code. Even so, a reality hacker knows how to scan that code, rewrite it, and tweak physical, social, and mental realities through a sophisticated understanding of essential data and the methods that command it.

Practices:
- Cybernetics.
- Hyper-tech.

Spheres:

●●●○○ Correspondence
●●○○○ Prime
●●○○○ Entropy
●○○○○ Life
●○○○○ Mind

Merits:

- TBA

Flaws:

- TBA

- Master his Spheres.
- Keep to his own until he grows stronger.
- Control the local Mages, draw them into his Cabal and run it.
- Gain an apprentice.
- Bring the Cabal to greatness.
- Resolve petty fights within the Cabal, so when the time comes they are ready.
- Become elite.
- Survive what's to come and try to save the world.
- Create the final goal, everlasting ascension for all humanity.

-----
[ooo] - Death: The person is dead.
[ooo] - Enemy/Despise: Distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Neutral: No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.
[ooo] - Good opinion: Appreciation, like.
[ooo] - Friendly: Sympathetic, valuing.
[ooo] - Close friends: Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.
(NOTE: Kai doesn't have and will never have a sexual attraction, read above sexual orientation)
-----

Trisha: "You were my guiding light, the pain that drove me to madness was too much. Somehow I still feel you are following me around..."

Victoria: "We met unexpectedly, you probably the only one who understood me truly and yet you died in my arms..."

Victor: "You were my first mentor, the one who guided me through trough times and taught me everything I know today. Most importantly you were someone I could talk to."

Christina: "You were a good friend, too social for my taste but still someone I could trust."

Roger: "You were silent and shy like me, but eventually you showed your expertise in infiltration. You died with the rest, you shouldn't have."

Ashuramaru Fujimoto: "You helped me a couple of times on my missions, I can say you are someone I can trust as you are loyal. Yet another friend. You are a true friend that hangs around me even though I am difficult to be around, we go on adventures together and you help me out with my work. No questions asked you will help me, and so I will do the same for you. Farewell my friend, one day I too will join you."

S.H.A.N.N.O.N: "You are my creation, but if anyone harmed you or took you I would rip their heart out."

Caleb Malik: "You are someone who is troubled by those who are around you. I can understand that. You are also my first friend even though I was following you around without your permission. Glad I brought you back to your Cabal.He is gone now, left me to pick up the pieces. I will do that, but god I hope he returns. Rumor has it he will return, I won't believe it until I see it. But as I promised, I picked up the pieces all is left now is to connect them together."

Stuart Pot: "A young interesting man, a good friend if one like me can say that. He is very open and well loved by the people around him.He hates me, a lot of people do. Doesn't matter because the child has his charms. For a person as strong as him he is insecure about his abilities. That insecurity leads to his wrongdoings. Sometimes I get disappointed from you, friend, but after all, you are human."

Emily Martinez: "Your looks remind me of my sister and yet your personality doesn't. Then again you are the first hunter I have encountered in a while. Your looks and personality are like my sister. The only reason I get mad at you is that she died doing what you are doing at this very moment."

Saria: "You scare the people around you quite often, I just wish I don't die by your hands. Haven't seen her in a while. But she did give me the impression that all Fallen are like her. She is wrong, some Fallen are great."

Shayara: "You have so much power in your hands, and I am not talking about the fact that you are a vampire. A lot of people follow you around and I can see why, you followed me around as I worked, interested in what I am doing although you had other things to do. A good person, but I do believe there is more to you than meets the eye."

Shayara's Goons: "Overprotective, fast to insult people. Luckily I do not care for such things, but I see why you are like this."

Mace: "Over-powered, but he is reliable, trustworthy, and honorable. Still overpowered, but lovely. A man that I can stand behind because violence is the only way people learn in this County. Chaos can be his middle name. He was nice to me as I was to him, but to the rest, I am not so sure."

Ryu: "He seems wise, gives off a vibe of something out of a manga or old manuscripts from ancient China. Caleb said he was Japanese, but I don't think he is. We have this silence between us, a silent understanding that I don't think anyone else has. A great friend, someone I can trust."

Blackbear004: "He is a trouble maker, misguided to say the least. After consulting with the others I came to the conclusion that I will mentor him. He lives in my house now, I hope he doesn't disappoint. Someone I can trust, he does as I ask without asking much. I can say I have become friends with him. Not an easy feat on his side. He is my apprentice, and I hope I do not disappoint him."

Katarina: "Hopefully someone who I will get along with. Sometimes I wish you'd listen to me. And sometimes you do, which I am grateful for."

Amena: "A preacher, an idealist. I do hope we get along. She doesn't trust me or any of us VAs. I get it, but it is still weird. You want to be apart of us yet you still hold petty grudges from stories you only heard, yet did not get to deal with first hand."

Kyle: "I feel like he is someone who has trouble standing out and standing up for himself. He is starting to show promise. Maybe he is my way into the heart of the Verbena group."

Dem: "He is like Edward, but this one has more hate in him than Ed. Not sure if I am the right person to be even considered as his mentor. He is a VA, and I am glad he is. I tell him to jump, and he jumps. He is rough on the edges, but at the end of the day, if you are nice to him he will be nice to you."

Calvin Belfort: "Someone with class, a business guy. I hope he joins my cause. Someone who I can trust. Broke a stereotype that was long in my mind. I am glad I get to work with you from the bottom of my heart. Whatever is left of it anyways."

Tobias: "Feels like a lackey to Mr.Belfort, but I hope that he too joins my cause. More than happy to have you around. You bring the party and life into the room when all is dim around you."

Flavian: "Seems too kind for my liking, but he is no other than a person of interest. Someone I want to be friends with."

Fredrick: "Another VA. Thank god Edward is keeping track of everyone at this point I am lost. I hope we will get to know each other better. A good friend. Has his trouble and needs guidance. I should consider mentoring him as well."

Alison: "She is a nice friend. Always super happy and cheery. It saddens me those horrible things happen to you, but you still keep standing on your feet. A feat you must teach me one day."

Yasuo: "A special person really. I haven't got quite of an opinion on him yet. But he seems trustworthy."

Abel: "Never had a vampire friend before. You are a great person, going out of your way to help others. I hope we can become associates in the future if your plans work out."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:55:15 PM by Iron »

Offline Skeeper0

Re: Kai Rivera
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 06:12:19 PM »
Neat, good luck man!

List all of your personal accounts. I'm banning them all.

Offline Mike_Stevensons

• Emergency Services
  • #teampussy
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 06:20:46 PM »
i like

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • The one and only.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »
Really nice, I like it.
I can unban you only if you promise you won't order 100 pizzas at my home address.
Quote from: Rudy
Accepted along with this Flaw:

Character Killed (∞pt. Flaw): Character is no longer part of the game. You cannot post any more applications for James Stuart.

Offline Raven Corella

• Sheriff's Department
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »
cooltext bro

very good iron

Offline Iron

• Helper
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »
Thank you all for the support!

About the text and all I embraced the weird 90's "cyber hacker" vibe, so it looks very very comical in a way haha

If i forgot anyone in the relations then tell me

Offline Explosively Savage Arrow

• ooc agreement buddy, cant erp
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
As a previous VA enthusiast I must say this is very aesthetic in appearance. But there are a few mistakes I must point out.

Virtual Adepts never refer to spheres as spheres, they call it code, the way they use it to shape reality contests of the devices they create. SHANNON is probably either an AI you made or your computer, which, to a Virtual Adept is their most valued possession; which I really like.

and lol nigga u'll always be a lame, elite is reserved to real niggas

Offline Hydra

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 07:07:31 AM »
looks good fam

Offline Rewcrew

• Sheriff's Department
  • Leader of the C.R.A.S.H division
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
Really good m8 Diplo and family is proud of you
Cijeli dan je gledo kako diler gudru valja, niko nije smio cinkati Heroinskog Kralja.Svi su znali kako levat dila losu robu, komsija se zezno i zavrsio u grobu.Njega priveli su ovde nece lezati ni dan ima skupe advokate pa ce odmah ici van.Sudija ga pusta da se brani sa slobode, dokaze da skloni i svjedoke da izbode

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • Trial Administrator
  • benchod number 1
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
nice profile bro
gl with the char

Offline virus

• Helper
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 12:42:46 AM »
i like very much

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »
Nice 8)

Offline Mckenzie_Hales

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
"The universe is full of confusion and hate.
It needs to be cleansed to be a better one,
to one that can be controlled to fit people
into their perfect dream worlds.
Once those people die down
and the rational ones emerge,
only then we can truly find peace."

The universe? It needs to be cleansed to be a better one? Well, I hope you weren't talking about aliens because I would freak out.

OT: The design of the "character profile" looks simple, and simplicity is beautiful, though I can't really make sure if your character is really likeable until I see you in a roleplay, so yeah. Best of luck!

Offline Raven Corella

• Sheriff's Department
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 02:08:55 PM »
better than wade  8)

Offline Iron

• Helper
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »
As a previous VA enthusiast I must say this is very aesthetic in appearance. But there are a few mistakes I must point out.

Virtual Adepts never refer to spheres as spheres, they call it code, the way they use it to shape reality contests of the devices they create. SHANNON is probably either an AI you made or your computer, which, to a Virtual Adept is their most valued possession; which I really like.

and lol nigga u'll always be a lame, elite is reserved to real niggas
The profile is written in a way that is someone telling you about Kai, it is a third perspective on the matter, therefor your argument is invalid. And let a kid dream!

better than wade  8)

<3

On another note, updated some of the relationships (added two), and as requested I added a picture of Kai.