Author Topic: PvP System  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Lock

Re: PvP System
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 12:10:41 AM »
pc heart is the new safe space.

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
I doubt I'll ever switch to PvP but I have some concerns nevertheless.

1. In regards to the safezone:
I believe it's way too small at this point, the entirety of central PC should be safe.
The hospital and Sheriff's department should most definitely be a safe zone
I'd suggest extending to at least this:
Spoiler for Hidden:

2. I'd also like to suggest the ability to make your own house a safe haven, altho dunno how it'd work in this system.

3. Now unto more pressing concerns, baiting and such.
How will consequences work as far as pvp is concerned?
For instance, Trevor Bryne walks up to a group of vampires in the parking lot while in PvP mode, he provokes a fight and eventually gets himself killed. Vasha Wolf reports this to big bad wolf sept, and they in turn kill Parker a few hours later when he turns the pvp system off. As a result of this, one player lost experience while the other did not.

4. You have a proper reason to kill a player, you switch into PvP mode before attacking him and as a result, should you end up dying - you will lose no experience thanks to the freebie. If you win, you can just go sleep it off and go back to non pvp.

5. What's to stop players from switching into PvP mode while involved in a scene that doesn't favor them and knowing they might die?

6. What happens if a PvP v/ PvP player enter conflict, it's solved without either party dying (i.e. one of them fled then changed back to RP) can the PvP party still attack the roleplayer afterwards?

If you want a PvP system, I would just suggest creating an arena zone (i.e. Folnkirk's circle thingie) where if you get in a fight and die you will lose no experience (but may still be looted), where it's ruled that there are no consequences, i.e. what happens in the arena stays in the arena. That would be way easier to manage in my opinion and maybe entice players to actually go pvp to their heart's content.

Thanks.

for 3, 4 and 5; the 3 payday rule before trying to switch again is a thing because of those reasons, so in conclusion they have a 3 hour penalty before they can switch back to non pvp. if they do get killed within the last 18 paydays (of already having to die) they lose exp, so trying to switch to pvp then turning pvp off a few hours later, just to turn it on for a few more hours later still means you'd have to go through another 9 to 12 (depending on whether you're able to go pvp without having to wait at first) more hours before you're able to have a free death.

and for 6; non pvp or pvp it's still rp is it not :/ and i know there will be players on here that will decide and make it not to be.

we've already discussed most of this in game but i thought other people would want to hear an opinion on this
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:37:21 PM by Jackiee »

Offline K3im4

• Aereo, Aqua, Terra, Inte.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 01:16:43 AM »
<<Tout ce que vous regardez est pas ce qui se prétend être, la réalité est aveuglé par l'altération de la nature, telle est la question subjective découvrir la vérité de ce qui est vraiment propre.>>

Offline Lucid

• I love the shore
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
Raven is the good guy, back at it again

Offline Xinius

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
Vasha Wolf reports this to big bad wolf sept
god help me
damn he failed presence, damn she suspicious now.....only way out is to bang her with celerity.