Author Topic: 1.10.0a ~ 1.10.0b  (Read 515 times)

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
Re: 1.10.0a ~ 1.10.0b
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »
ah yes because awareness trait can tell

" In game terms, you can use Perception + Awareness to spot paranormal effects, detect magick, recognize Resonance Echoes, and so forth "

I said "potentially" because you're being scried on which is magick and also said an "alert", so you could roll, and that doesn't even mean you'll get to know who is doing that
That's like, the concept of Awareness

Offline Skeeper0

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
ah yes because awareness trait can tell

" In game terms, you can use Perception + Awareness to spot paranormal effects, detect magick, recognize Resonance Echoes, and so forth "

I said "potentially" because you're being scried on which is magick and also said an "alert", so you could roll, and that doesn't even mean you'll get to know who is doing that
That's like, the concept of Awareness
there's no magick happening around you. the magick has been casted at a considerable distance

List all of your personal accounts. I'm banning them all.

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 09:55:29 AM »
there's no magick happening around you. the magick has been casted at a considerable distance

Your "senses" are next to the target anyways
That's why you could detect it with Prime 1
And having Awareness could actually give you a chance in noticing the phenomenon

Offline Skeeper0

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »

Your "senses" are next to the target anyways
That's why you could detect it with Prime 1
And having Awareness could actually give you a chance in noticing the phenomenon
if you have correspondence 2 and half a brain and actually want to pass undetected, you can just scry the location from quite the distance instead of scrying the person herself

i dont share the same opinion however. theres no effect to detect with Awareness, but with Prime 1

List all of your personal accounts. I'm banning them all.

Offline Mark Edson

• i'm not alone allah always with me.
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 02:58:40 PM »
nice update
Eric_Sutherland
Calvin_Erickson
Jeffrey_Maxey

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »
Most races can check if they are being scryed on (Mages have Prime 1, Correspondence 1 and Awareness, Hunters have Awareness and Conviction, Vampires have Seeing the Unseen mechanics, Fera have Sense Magic (Rank 1 Uktena Gift; appropriate difficulty for that Gift would be 7) etc; check your own lore books for more information). How do you do it here? You simply perform your check using so the spectating player can see the roll and declaration. If the player performing the check scores more successes than the spectator, the spectator is obligated to properly notify his target about the result of the check.

So you perform the check and if you don't get any response that either means you're not being scryed on or the spectating player has scored the same amount or more successes. There is a way for admins to know who is being spectated by whom and anyone caught cheating or abusing the feature will be punished rigorously.

If you are scrying from distance then you shouldn't be using this new spectating feature at all.

I don't think there is a need for specific house rules since you can find all the information in the given lore books.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:31:24 PM by Rudy »

Offline Awide

• Retired Helper
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 10:09:27 PM »
well butter me and call me a fucking biscuit this is why im going auspex

fucking biscuit