Author Topic: Hardcore (Full cWoD) Character  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
Hardcore (Full cWoD) Character
« on: December 23, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »
General information:
Accounts are automatically set to normal but if you want to start a "full cWoD" also known as hardcore simply forum PM me BEFORE the character creation stage. Regular Human characters cannot be set to hardcore.
If you want to switch from a normal character to hardcore you can do that with one Race Change token but all of your gained Experience will be halved and your character sheet will be reset.
I would need screenshots (Embedded with [img] tag) of your activity and admin record.

Pros:
  • You get 15 "freebie points" to purchase additional dots in Traits. (You need to know how does the freebie system work. For more information read the character creation chapter in your core lore book. Note that there is a difference between "freebies" and the free dots (7/5/3 Attribute points, 13/9/5 Ability points, 7 Virtue points, 3 Discipline points, etc.) you get at character creation. These freebie points need to be spent at the end of character creation before any extra XP is spent.)
  • The starting bonus Experience you get by Generation, Rank or Arete is doubled.
  • Players cannot engage with you in a script fight unless you agree to it.

Cons:
  • /(a)pply(d)amage is mandatory for you.
  • When your character dies (e.g.: Even if she died in a car accident because the drive can't drive for shit) you lose your character. (Your account will be banned unless you have a NC/RC.)

I am the final arbiter of what you can spend your freebies points on. By using a hardcore character you agree that you will not whine or cry when your character dies. In order to get access to a hardcore character you must be an active member of the community and have decent knowledge in cWoD roleplaying systems.

Format:
You may forum PM me for a Hardcore cWoD Character if you use the format below:

The message subject has to follow the following format:
Quote from: Example
[Hardcore Character] Jajuka_Albatou [Vampire]
Code: (Subject) [Select]
[Hardcore Character] Account_Name (Has to contain an "_", underscore) [CharacterRace]
Topic:
Account Name: (The one that will be set to Hardcore; Has to contain an "_", underscore)
Screenshot of your current Character Sheet: (Complete screenshots of your character's Character Sheet.)
Applicant: Yes/No
A screenshot (Embedded with [img] tag) of your admin record and activity for each of your personal account:
Why do you want to RP with a Hardcore Character? Explanation:
Code: (Topic) [Select]
[b][color=maroon]Account Name:[/color][/b]
[b][color=maroon]Screenshot of your current Character Sheet:[/color][/b]
[b][color=maroon]Applicant:[/color][/b]
[b][color=maroon]A screenshot (Embedded with [img] tag) of your admin record and activity for each of your personal account:[/color][/b]
[b][color=maroon]Why do you want to RP with a Hardcore Character? Explanation:[/color][/b]

Failure to follow this format will result in your application being automatically denied and you won't be permitted to re-apply for 1 week.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:57:59 PM by Rudy »

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
Re: Hardcore (Full cWoD) Account
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:05:57 PM »
The XP you get by Generation, Rank or Arete is doubled.
Sweet Jesus.

Offline B[E]N

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »
Can humans go hardcore?

Offline FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • Banned!
  • The one and only.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 06:18:32 PM »
I go hardcore.
I can unban you only if you promise you won't order 100 pizzas at my home address.
Quote from: Rudy
Accepted along with this Flaw:

Character Killed (∞pt. Flaw): Character is no longer part of the game. You cannot post any more applications for James Stuart.

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »
I wish this was implemented for everyone, maybe then we'd stop having 3 fights every day and we could do more interesting things with our time, but no, we are doomed to slow and utter degeneration as everything turns into supernatural brawl rp, A fight from time to time is okay, gives brujah/auhron/whatever something fulfilling to do, since it's what such characters are usually all about, but god damn it, when you have fucking everyone fighting all the time it gets ridiculous. We end up having toreador and brujah garou slayers left and right and i'd be totally fine with it if we were all sabbat. But jesus christ man, something has to change and I hope y'all realize this.

Offline John Rodriguez

• King of hybrids.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
I wish this was implemented for everyone, maybe then we'd stop having 3 fights every day and we could do more interesting things with our time, but no, we are doomed to slow and utter degeneration as everything turns into supernatural brawl rp, A fight from time to time is okay, gives brujah/auhron/whatever something fulfilling to do, since it's what such characters are usually all about, but god damn it, when you have fucking everyone fighting all the time it gets ridiculous. We end up having toreador and brujah garou slayers left and right and i'd be totally fine with it if we were all sabbat. But jesus christ man, something has to change and I hope y'all realize this.

there's a simple fix, have everyone become sabbat members :-)

make tarkus proud
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:27:20 PM by John Rodriguez »

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »

there's a simple fix, have everyone become sabbat members :-)

make tarkus proud
I don't hold nearly as much sway as I once did, trust me, would if I could. Least then we'd have a bunch of very political and religious elements to spice things up.

Offline Rewcrew

• Sheriff's Department
  • Leader of the C.R.A.S.H division
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 07:47:52 PM »
Can humans go hardcore?

Yeah lets go con together and die with a smile on our faces :D
Cijeli dan je gledo kako diler gudru valja, niko nije smio cinkati Heroinskog Kralja.Svi su znali kako levat dila losu robu, komsija se zezno i zavrsio u grobu.Njega priveli su ovde nece lezati ni dan ima skupe advokate pa ce odmah ici van.Sudija ga pusta da se brani sa slobode, dokaze da skloni i svjedoke da izbode

Offline Mephisto

• #DCLXVI
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 08:12:12 PM »

• When your character dies you lose your character. (Your account will be banned unless you have a NC/RC)

What if a non-hardcore player kills you? Say.. a newbie.

Offline Rewcrew

• Sheriff's Department
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 08:15:20 PM »

• When your character dies you lose your character. (Your account will be banned unless you have a NC/RC)

What if a non-hardcore player kills you? Say.. a newbie.

Well m8 truly you're fucked then but I believe u can run away from him
Cijeli dan je gledo kako diler gudru valja, niko nije smio cinkati Heroinskog Kralja.Svi su znali kako levat dila losu robu, komsija se zezno i zavrsio u grobu.Njega priveli su ovde nece lezati ni dan ima skupe advokate pa ce odmah ici van.Sudija ga pusta da se brani sa slobode, dokaze da skloni i svjedoke da izbode

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 08:22:34 PM »
If this was enforced on everyone the playerbase would drop drastically as people will QQ and ragequit when their month old character dies.

Offline LondonSoldier

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 08:31:28 PM »

• Players cannot engage with you in a script fight unless you agree to it.

:( :( ok this sounds interesting tho

Offline Blackwater

• Banned!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »
it says that these freebie points must be spent before other xp, so-

does this update not affect pre-existing characters?

and if so, can these Freebie points be used to retroactively purchase something you have already paid exp for? for instance, Bob purchased Courage 3/5 with exp before the update, but receives 3 freebies at the update for Virtues; can he use those freebies and gain his xp back?

also how do the answer that question differ for a character who has not gone Hardcore, but still retroactively received freebies from the update?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:26:08 PM by Blackwater »

Name one thing people do roleplay properly? It's a game, leave it that.

Offline Rudy

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:16 PM »
it says that these freebie points must be spent before other xp, so-

does this update not affect pre-existing characters?
No. Pre existing character received 120 Experience and weren't limited on what to spend those Experience.

and if so, can these Freebie points be used to retroactively purchase something you have already paid exp for? for instance, Bob purchased Courage 3/5 with exp before the update, but receives 3 freebies at the update for Virtues; can he use those freebies and gain his xp back?

also how do the answer that question differ for a character who has not gone Hardcore, but still retroactively received freebies from the update?

No one ever received freebie points on VWH-RP. I am guessing you're mixing the term freebie points with free dots you get upon character creation.

Offline Rewcrew

• Sheriff's Department
Re: Hardcore (Full cWoD) Character
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 12:05:23 AM »
Does this update applies to all races?