Author Topic: Ansel Blackwater  (Read 576 times)

Offline Blackwater

• Banned!
Ansel Blackwater
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:51:03 AM »
Ansel Blackwater
"I’m speaking to the end of silence.  Can you hear the thunder yet?"

Thematic Music
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Character Likeness & Visual Appearance

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

The Character

"Give thanks for all that you are and all that you have."

Fundamental Information

Full Name: Ansel Ganodu Blackwater
Ethnicity: Native American ; Cherokee Tribe
Height:  Six feet Two inches.
Weight:  One hundred Ninety pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Body Type: Lean ; Athletic
Titles & Ranks
Spoiler for Hidden:
The White Owl of Clan Blackwater
Kami, So'cha and Wermilo of the Kha'vadi
Shaman of the Grey Squirrels
Medicine Man of the Cherokee
Dog Soldier of the Cherokee
Third Seat of the Cherokee Tribal Council
The Thunderbird's Chosen
Blessed of the Life Spark
Keeper of the Olde Ways
The Council of Nine Traditions ;  Elder of the Dreamspeakers

Nature & Demeanor:
Spoiler for Prophet:
Prophet

Prophet Speaking capital-T Truth, you bring a sacred message to a wounded world. That message might not necessarily be religious, though it’s at least got religious undertones. Regardless of its nature, it’s capital-I Important in ways that simple opinions could never be. Traditionally, a prophet becomes the chosen representative of Truth, throwing light into shadowed corners and forcing folks to look at their own hypocrisies.

It’s not an easy cross to bear, but Truth will not be denied for long. Insight is your greatest strength. Prophets tend to see things that are hidden to most people: secrets, omens, visions of the future, and so forth. Even if you lack the blessing/ curse of prophecy, few mysteries escape your sight.

Ruthlessness is the traditional flaw of prophets. Driven by their vision of Truth, such people tend to be impatient, fanatical, and defiant of mortal power. You’ll probably score lots of points for guts, but you might find those guts roasting on a spit in some ruler’s torture garden. True prophets often meet unhappy ends… and they tend to take their followers down with them when they go.

– Regain Willpower when you speak Truth to power and inspire a successful change.

Spoiler for Benefactor:
Benefactor

It’s a cruel world, but you make things easier. Generous sometimes to a fault, you supply whatever you can provide: money, advice, protection, maybe just a shoulder when someone really needs to cry. You can’t just turn blind eyes to suffering and need. It’s your moral duty to do whatever you can do to make things right. When things get tough, you call upon your inner White Knight and charge in, bringing gifts, guidance, and occasional force when nothing else will do.

Altruism is all too rare, especially in the World of Darkness. Helping people is your pleasure. Magick, as far as you’re concerned, is a tool for helping folks less fortunate than yourself. To do less is an abuse of the powers you possess.

On the flipside, though, you often feel Obligation even when you’re not actually needed. This, in turn, can become resentment – both on your part and on the parts of people who now feel, rightly or wrongly, that they owe you. Sometimes, you just need to back off, chill out, and let people do things for themselves. Martyrdom isn’t always the best Path toward Ascension.

– Regain Willpower when you provide help that someone else desperately needs. The key here is that desperate part. Teaching Sunday school isn’t meeting that level of need; if you used your Arts to assist autistic kids, however, you’d clearly be making a difference in their lives.

Tradition:
Spoiler for Dreamspeakers; aka the Kha'vadi:

The Dreamspeakers

Earth has a voice. Not many folks can still hear it. Long ago, all people listened to that voice – the beat of Life and the song of Spirit. Pride, however, has driven wedges between our world and the spirit realm. It takes strength and vision to hold on to that primal connection in spite of all the distractions of modern life… even more so when that modern world has tried everything in its power to break you. And yet, this Tradition and its people refuse to be broken.

Endurance is perhaps the best word to summarize the Society of Dreams. Its vision has endured. Its people have endured. The Tradition itself has endured ignorance, slavery, division, oppression, betrayal, marginalization, stereotyping, and a simplistic view from outsiders that has likewise endured long past all reasonable expectations. Aside from the group’s staunch allies in the Verbena and Ecstatic Traditions (and often including them as well), the Council’s view of the Dreamers has remained paternalistic and patronizing for over 500 years. And yet, they endure.

It’s appropriate that this Tradition had not one founder but two. Naioba and Star-of-Eagles both heard the call of their spirits in very different lands, yet they transcended their differences to fall in love with one another. The sacred marriage between these female and male devotees inspired a diverse confederation of African, Native American, and Asian visionaries, for while that marriage was a ritual, the love involved was real. Although their romance ended with Naioba’s assassination by a Vision-Mocker, that love, with its many symbolic ties, still holds the group together.

With few exceptions, the Kha’vadi (“those whose vision shapes the world”) come from indigenous cultures or their technological descendants. Some embrace modern fashions and technologies, whereas others favor their ancestral ways. Though the Tradition holds a handful of European, Oceanic, and Asiatic spirit-workers, the vast majority of the group hails from Africa or the Americas. Often referred to by the Siberian word shaman, they’re more properly thought of as medicine-people: folks who use natural healing gifts rather than selfish magick. Instead of bending reality to their will, the Kha’vadi work with reality… not the twisted reality of the Technocratic world but the deeper reality of the World Spirit in its many forms.

Thanks in part to its healer nature, this Tradition gets stereotyped as a bunch of bongo-beating throwbacks. That impression is absurd. Kha’vadi are spirit warriors fighting to save a sick world from itself. Especially in recent years, the Dreamers have become more militant than they’ve been for centuries. Groups like the Red Spear and the Ghost Wheel Society defy the Tradition’s  “stoic savage” image, with a newer faction, the Akinkanju (“Unbroken”) even lobbying to toss out the Council’s “slave-name” and replace it with a self-determined title. This age, after all, is a “White-mare,” and the ’Speakers have had enough of it.

Some wounds need to be cleansed with fire.

Background:
Spoiler for Totem Spirit:
Totem : Owl

Long before technology gave us little gods, shamans swore pacts with spirit helpers. Each side of such pacts received something in return: the shaman got aid when necessary, and the spirit got a human ally for Earthly matters. These days, a handful of people remember these pacts. The Totem Background reflects such a bargain on your part. ONLY shamans or medicine workers of some sort can choose this Background Trait.

Totem spirits aren’t in the business of helping human beings; in fact, these days they’re not often fond of people at all. To obtain a totem’s favor, a person needs to either seek that spirit out in a grueling vision quest or attract that spirit’s attention by embodying the totem’s essence in her daily life.

Unlike those wizards who compel obedience from spirits, a totem-bound shaman doesn’t demand a pact. Nor does she worship the spirit as if it were a god. Instead, the shaman becomes kin to the spirit – essentially a cousin, sibling, or child. That said, a shaman/ totem bond can be fractious, argumentative, even insulting. Totems tend to be pretty rough around the edges… and so, for that matter, do most shamans. Both parties understand each other in the cryptic, sometimes blunt manner that families often use… and, like relatives, can speak volumes to each other while hardly saying a word. 

The Owl

The Owl is symbolic of wisdom and insight above all else. As the proverb goes, "The Owl is wise and sees through the darkest of nights". Solitary, nocturnal, and fierce, the Owl acts with grace and strikes with precision.

Manifestations: Singular owls, flocks of owls(rare and unusual), vocal owls, swooping birds of prey, bright eyes in the dark.
 Associations: Wisdom, Insight, Foresight, Intuition, Prophecy, Medicine.
 Brood: Birds of Prey, primarily Owls or other nocturnal aviaries.
 Abilities: Intelligence, Medicine, Survival, Cosmology.
 Bans: Owl-people aren’t expected to place much stock in earthly goods, properties, or concerns. Wealth is to be avoided unless it involves knowledge, secrets, or shiny things.
Spoiler for Maska Uhane:
Maska, the Primordial

Before light and order existed, Primordial Chaos was the Essence of the universe. Even now, that eternal enigma beckons to the human soul in the shape of eerie and often sinister Avatar-forms. Manifesting as shadows; half-heard cries; swirling vortices of pulsating energy; or the disconcerting figures of madmen, ghosts, and squamous things, this Essence reflects the depthless reaches of cosmic potential. Mages connected to this Essence tend to be abrupt and secretive, or else seductive in ways that Fallen souls can best appreciate. A Primordial mage loves mystery. Like deep water, she seeps into hidden places and defies easy understanding. Whereas Pattern people are bricks or stone, Primordial folks are riptides and dark pools. The few Technocrats who favor this Essence understand that no science can penetrate the richest mysteries of the universe; they’ll give lip service to technology, but they always keep a few extra cards up their sleeves for the time when the light fails and order becomes a punch line in the cosmic jest.
Paradigm:
Spoiler for Paradigm:
Creation is Innately Divine and Alive

The world, perhaps even the universe, is a living entity. That entity is either part of Divinity or else is Divinity itself. Gods and monsters exist, as do pain, horror, and death; that’s cool, though, because in the end good things come from all the suffering. Death sustains life, life gives way to death, and the whole thing is a cycle that perpetrates itself in an ultimately beneficial way. Magick flows from an understanding of that cycle and your place in it as an agent of change. Everything, perhaps, has the potential of magick, but most beings never realize it.

Best recognized as a common perspective among Verbena, Dreamspeakers, Euthanatoi, Ecstatics, and other grimly affirmative mages, this model stresses pragmatic acceptance mixed with wild joy. Certain takes on Kabbalism gravitate in this direction too, with Creation as the infinite embodiment of ineffable God. Minus the god part, this paradigm has a scientific analog in the Gaia hypothesis, which insists that Earth is a living, vaguely sentient biomass. Certain Progenitors embrace this idea, especially in the 21st century, when that biomass appears to be fighting its human infection. Unlike the Gods and Monsters paradigm, this belief system essentially says that there is a point to the madness if you look at the Big Picture and accept that what we perceive as pain and horror are merely ripples across a larger spectrum of life.
Resonance:
Spoiler for Resonance:
Resonance

As the mage lives on throughout their life and accomplish various magickal feats and deeds, Resonance acts like their metaphysical footprint throughout that journey. Often displaying itself in strange, coincidental quirks or strangeness around the mage, Resonance is ultimately accumulative; it may be harmless or unnoticeable at first, like Paradox, but gradually and ultimately may turn into something quite disruptive or even harmful for the mage.

Dynamic
• An aura of wellness and health permeates around him at all times. Those who stand within a radius of around six feet of him will generally feel physically "better". A headache may pass, unsettling nausea may go unnoticed, or perhaps the person's allergies sudden clear up.

•• Standing next to Ansel is almost like that of a cheery hearth, a radiant and comforting warmth seems to emit from his body.

Primal
• A Totem resonance, Ansel's eyes glow with an unusual distinction, the green of his iris vibrant and lush, eerily resembling that of an Owl's watchful gaze in the darkness.

Static
• Any fire near Ansel seems to never go out. It's not as if they can't, but the wood seems to burn forever, or the lighter never seems to run out of fuel.

Relations
"With all things and in all things, we are relatives."

Racial

• Awakened We are as diverse as any for us to be so set aside from the normality of the world.

•  Sleepers Attune yourselves to the world around you and hear the Mawiya; allow your Howahkan to guide you.

• Imbued Similar to us, yet altogether different. There is much to be learned from these ones.

•  Changing Breeds My People and the Two-Spirited ones have always held each other in high regard.

• Hybrids As rare as they are strange.

•  Cainites No one should bear the sins of their father.

•  Fallen Once greater and still great.

Personal

-----
[ooo] - Dead/Gone: Mixed feelings; these characters are otherwise dead or unplayed.
[ooo] - Enemy/Despise: Distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Dislike: Distant, avoiding.
[ooo] - Neutral: No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.
[ooo] - Good opinion: Appreciation, like.
[ooo] - Friendly: Sympathetic, valuing.
[ooo] - Close friends: Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.
[ooo] - Romantic interest: Love, adoration.
-----

[ooo] - N/A
[ooo] -
Stuart Pot - "The closest thing I could call my student; he is intelligent and clever, though his compassion often overrides his common sense. It is good to be a hero; it is altogether different to become a martyr."
Caleb Malik - "One of the few surviving fellows from the original Council of Nine that was composed by Charles. A powerful man who's stature emulates his mental capacity, and a good mentor. I miss you dearly, friend. I am also eternally grateful for you teaching me the way of "talking shit" as you so eloquently described."
Mason Fletcher - "The only other surviving member from the original Council of Nine, besides Caleb, that has not yet since fled or died. A volatile individual who is always ready for battle, Mason is powerful and a clear force to be reckoned with - and a good friend, if only he would listen."

[ooo] -
Emily Martinez - "I've been able to observe and study you and your kind, and have learned much since then. You've been a reasonably good friend and ally. Take care of Stuart."
Saria Aerendyl - "Time heals all wounds, and though I will never truly forgive you for your late trespasses, I can find it in my heart to look past."
Avillio Moretti - "You still do not understand what it means to be a protector of the Wheel; it is not entirely your fault, you have had little if any formal training by your Chakravanti peers. Open your eyes and see your true purpose; open your ears and hear your true calling."
Hannah Bishop - "Remember your place in the cosmos, Asharu, and do not settle for less than that."
Gregory "of Winterhold" - A bright young boy who brims with potential.

[ooo]
Ryu Ishimura - "We've only spoken briefly, but I have learned much from your fate. You're afraid, but you needn't be."
David Shen - "Another Akashic, only this one seems to walk the path. I've had scarce encounters with you, but your fate tells me that it won't remain so for long.
Mikhail Zharkov - "You should learn to be more forgiving."
Voltaire Savage - "We have exchanged words on several occasions and I have found you to be seemingly more reasonable than most of your fellows."
Cadence Harper - "You have a kind spirit."
Florence Rackham - "You seem well enough."
Cade Neville - "A Moonwalker who sought my help. Intriguing. I will do what I can to alleviate his suffering."
Leonard Wirtus - "He's come far, but has much further to go."

[ooo]

Hakura Fuujimoto - "Learn your place. We're all in this together."
Deputy John Boone - "Perhaps I was wrong about you?"
Leonard Hepenheimer - "Only half as clever as he thinks."
Zachariah Novak - "I've heard you whisper many untruths."

[ooo] -

Jackson Blackwater - "You abandoned all of us after Father's death, forsaking your family in search of glory and honor on the battlefield."

[ooo] - N/A

[ooo] -

Adsila Blackburn - "The first woman I loved, a Theurge of the Wendigo ; you took our children and fled. I miss you dearly, but I don't think I'll ever forgive you."

Gale Blackwater - "You were always there for us after Elder Brother left us all behind. Even though you were out of touch with our traditions and ancestral ways, you never abandoned us. I hope to see you again one day, perhaps by then I will be able to Awaken even you."

David Callaway - "My first mentor after my father broke the Dreamshell, you taught me much of what it meant to be a true Dreamspeaker. Without you I may never have abandoned my pacifistic ways and would certainly be dead now. I pray that you are well."

Delilah Rei & Asher Cancilla - "It is good that at least some of us managed to find peace after all. Well met."

Ashuramaru Fuujimoto - "You were more romanticized by the idea of being an Akashic Brother than actually living as one. Still, despite your clunkiness you were a good friend to have, and a fellow Awakened."

Jonas Anel - "Blinded by your fanatical and zealous views, you undermine yourself and all that you believe you stand for."

Xavier Reed - "I never knew you that well, but what happened was a tragedy nonetheless."

An Wu - "Unnecessarily cruel."

Charlie Harriot - "Well met and sorely missed. I will always be thankful for you taking me to the Primal Wylds and teaching me what it meant to bear the Life Spark as you did."

Farkas Renatus - "We got along well enough."

Demi Owen - "Unfortunately foolish and even more impulsive. Not a bad person, but a bad combination of archetypes."

Lisbet Cartwright - "Well enough, I suppose."

more to add soon. feel free to comment-reply/PM me if i have seemingly forgotten your character.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:01:55 PM by Blackwater »

Name one thing people do roleplay properly? It's a game, leave it that.

Offline Lock

Re: Ansel Blackwater
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »
10/10 would not smash cos hairy.

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:01:02 AM »
lol awesome CP
But add relations too :c

Offline Xero

• ERP Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
Accepted.

Saria_Aerendyl     Cadence_Harper

not quite sure how would it induce incredible levels of powergame when it's taken precisely from the book?

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • Trial Administrator
  • benchod number 1
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 12:03:50 PM »
great char

Offline Mike_Stevensons

• Emergency Services
  • #teampussy
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »
brother ansel fuck yeah

Offline Skeeper0

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

Hoooly fuck, that's dope indeed. And the second song is (y). Good luck with this character.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:34:22 PM by Skeeper0 »

List all of your personal accounts. I'm banning them all.

Offline ibrahimqaud

• Ripperino
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 06:34:45 PM »
Fucking Awesome
Spoiler for Characters List:
Nikolai Kotov [Ghoul] (Current)
Hayato Yamazuki [Human] (Inactive)
Keith Black [Human] (Inactive)
Sean Jefferson [Human] (Inactive)
Spoiler for complaints:

Offline Blackwater

• Banned!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 05:21:23 AM »
Updated with some goodies.

Relationships to be added soon.

Cheers.

Name one thing people do roleplay properly? It's a game, leave it that.

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »
why does this awesomeness have only 1 page of replies??

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 08:59:09 AM »
i like it
good morning, and in case i dont see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night :)

Offline Skeeper0

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
why does this awesomeness have only 1 page of replies??
ppl dunno how to appreciate true art

List all of your personal accounts. I'm banning them all.

Offline Mike_Stevensons

• Emergency Services
  • #teampussy
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »
You should add relationships, anyways it's cool bro

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 02:32:07 PM »
You should add relationships, anyways it's cool bro

Offline Hydra