Author Topic: David Shen - The Enlightened Zebra  (Read 232 times)

Offline Vagabond

David Shen - The Enlightened Zebra
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »

"Friendship and Deception are key. Find the rhythm of your opponent and strike between the beat."
Spoiler for Theme music:
Basic Information

Name: David Shen
    Alias(es): Shen (Given by Emily), Enlightened Zebra (Given during his time spent in Brazil; it represents his desire for balance and harmony within not only himself but his surroundings; its also a reference to the mean kicks he can give)
    Nature: Activist
    Demeanor: Idealist
    D.O.B: 04/20/70
    Place of birth: San Andreas
    Current Residence: Palomino Creek
    Relatives: Lilly Shen (Burgos); Mother, Jejomar Shen; Father 
    Affiliation: Traditions, Akashic Brotherhood (Li Hai, Roda d'Oro)

• Red County Emergency Medical Services (Former)
    • Martial Artist
Appearance

Build: Mesomorph
    Height: 6'0 ft
    Weight: 184 lbs.
    Tattoos: None
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Black
    Piercings: None
    Physical scars: None

Miscellaneous

Paradigm: Akashic Paragidm
The Akashic Paragidm is built on several notions that they share with multiple other Chi'n Ta of the Middle Kingdom. The Akashayana consider that their magic don't come from True Will but from eternal truths that manifest as side effect of the way to enlightenment. This means that Akashics fall less often to the hubristic trap of valuing their own magical prowess more than Ascension.

Practices:

• Martial Arts
  • Yoga

Instruments:
  • Bodywork
  • Dance and movement
  • Energy (Chi)
  • Herbs
  • Meditation
  • Ordeals and exertions
  • Symbols
  • Wands and staves
  • Weapons
  • Voice
  • Eyes

Goals:
- Failed
- In Progress
- Completed

[] Become a Sifu within the Sangha
[] Help rebuild and protect Palomino Creek's Bodhimandala
[] Establish his own martial arts school
[] Help sleepers find their hidden potential

Vehicles:
  • Ducati 900ss

Weapons:
  • Butterfly Knife
  • Wooden staff

Loves:
  • Capoeira
  • Competition

• Riding his motorcycle
  • Meditation
  • Studying
  • Justice
  • Honesty
  • Compassion
  • Puzzles
  • Travelling
  • Thunderstorms
  • Making people happy
  • People who do something courageous (no matter how small) and become a little bit bigger from it.
    Dislikes:
  • Destruction
  • Dishonesty
  • Ignorant people
  • Pollution
  • People who complain about what they don't have, when they have one hundred times more than they really need anyway
  • People who use or exploit other people
  • Warm beer

Respects:
   Those who can beat him honorably

Most Respected: Hunter Whitewood
I was honestly impressed from our most recent spar. Not many people can beat me with only one punch in the stomach. I'm not too sure whether it was luck or skill but at the end of the day you bested me. The next time we meet in the ring, I will come out on top though.

Hates:
  • Death without proper judgement
  • People who use martial arts dishonorably

Favorite Food: Ramen noodles

Favorite Drink: Soda

Is religious?: Yes

Aware of supernatural presence?: Aware

Description/personality: As a child, David was very timid in his personality, despite his amazing power, becoming frightened at someone's slight expression. However, after training for many years, he became a confident fighter. He is very unpredictable; smiling warmly and shaking hands firmly. He never lets his enemies know whether he is playing or moving in for the kill. He is a very skilled and disciplined fighter, known to never trust too easily.

Background:N/A

Relationships
-----
[ooo] - Dead/Gone: Mixed feelings; these characters are otherwise dead or unplayed.
[ooo] - Enemy/Despise: Distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Dislike: Distant, avoiding.
[ooo] - Neutral: No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.
[ooo] - Good opinion: Appreciation, like.
[ooo] - Friendly: Sympathetic, valuing.
[ooo] - Close friends: Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.
[ooo] - Romantic interest: Love, adoration
-----

Saria - I have not seen you since that day you left to that island. I hope you stay there and never return.

Avillio Moretti - A complete idiot. He marked himself as my enemy the first day we met. I only ask for his help when needed. I plan to keep him around long enough so he may help in protecting the Bodhimandala and re-establishing the cabal.

Hunter Whitewood - I know little about you but I do know you're pretty strong as a fighter. I cannot wait for our next bout!

Hakura Fuujimoto - Upon meeting, I thought you were an ecstatic but to find out you abandoned the path to Samadhi for that of an ecstatic was disappointing. I won't hinder you in the path you seek but I can't say i'm pleased with your decision. The Sangha must have trained you well before your conversion because you're a skilled martial artist. It's the fact you lack discipline must be the reason why you abandoned the Brotherhood.

Hannah Bishop - She doesn't seem to be a threat like Saria was. I guess she is alright for now but i'll be watching carefully for any signs of defection to a Ravener like Saria.

Jake Summers - You throw your weight around like you're the best fighter there is and even had the audacity to step up to me. I told you not to fight me but you insisted and lost as I suspected.

Alex William Parker - It's okay to be bested by you. You're as strong as I have been told. However, there is more room for me to grow. You won't be able to be me with if I had more training.

Stuart Pot - Very skilled martial artist and very aware of many eternal truths as far as I know as well. After the incident with Saria we've drifted, I must admit. Now I just hope the rumors aren't true.

Ansel Blackwater - Wise. I can't say much about him but I do know we share many views on the future of the Bodhimandala.

Emily Martinez - For a hunter, imbued, whatever you want to call yourself; we share many similarities. I can honestly say I like you for who you are. You are merciful to the vehicles of the trinity as I am. The fact you base your opinions on that of others actions and not stereotypes makes me think you're very courageous and brave. I know very little about your kind but you are obviously more than human just as I am as well. If the rumors are true I will be ashamed for someone once my teacher is an enemy.

Jack Wagner - For the moment I known him he seemed to be pretty innocent. I think we left on good terms and I wish him the best of luck with his future in the EMS. I hope you understand after seeing I left to pursue my own dreams.

Nikolai Bratovitch - At first I disliked you but I can't wait to feel the ecstasy of meeting you once more. I found our first encounter very interesting and cannot wait for another one.
[/list]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:27:37 PM by Vagabond »

Offline Skeeper0

Re: David Shen [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
Looks good, but try to add some color and stuff man, it'd look better

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
Looks good, but try to add some color and stuff man, it'd look better
lol i was going too but idk what color to use XD

Offline ibrahimqaud

• Ripperino
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »
Nice.
Nikolai Kotov

Spoiler for ماهذه الضحيكة؟ :

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
A tad young for my taste but I'll bang anyway

Offline Vagabond

Re: David Shen - The Enlightened Zebra
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »
Updated this with a bit more information... I will add more people later to relations

Offline $hadow

• Emergency Services
Re: David Shen - The Enlightened Zebra
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:21:37 AM »
Awesome 8)