Author Topic: Hybrid Lore (Unofficial)  (Read 1670 times)

Offline John Rodriguez

• King of hybrids.
Hybrid Lore (Unofficial)
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »
The Creation Of Abominations

Getting directly into the base of the lore involving hybrids, one would first have to be aware of the many names they go by. Funny enough, there's plenty of things hybrids are typically called: "Undying Children", my guess would probably be as best as yours, but I suppose they've come upon with this name as Garou are seen as the children of Gaia. Hence the fact you're half an undead vampire currently because of this embrace, they've come across this nickname. Or perhaps, "Damned Urrah" because this is seen somewhat as a curse, "Pale Ones" as vampires (or atleast in WoD), are typically pale for the most part. All these names however lead to the same factor, or atleast what they're seen as, which is "abominations". Abominations are created by a very low chance, specifically stating that it's a rare occurrence. It all starts with a Fera getting embraced somehow, such as a way of torturing the Fera by a vampire, or anything of the such. Usually, it's an instant and painless death but some tend to linger on the pain before essentially ending with death. However, upon a few Fera who get embraced actually survive (keep in mind this is very little, as all Fera don't mix with vampire blood, it's a violent allergy) and become one of these rare creatures.

Why do Abominations occur?

The most basic answer is that no one knows why these creatures occur. However, despite no one actually knowing for sure, this has not stopped people from forming their own sort of beliefs. Some Garou believe that the souls of the ones who've become Abominations have already been corrupted and thus that's the reason for the occurrence of this creature. It's been said that despite knowing this, some Garou actively seek out a vampire for the embrace, perhaps crazy enough to want to have some boosted power by becoming this rare creature. Nonetheless, no one has an actually clear answer as to why this occurs but many have different ways of seeing the topic at hand.

Spoiler for "Abominations Occurrences":
Garou Abominations:
They're slightly more common than Fera Abominations.

Bastet Abominations:
Constantly lose Gnoises until it runs completely dry.

Gurahl Abominations:
They're known as "soul-dead" and are killed on sight by living Gurahl.

Corax Abominations:
They just end up dying.

Mokole Abominations:
The just die too in the very next sunrise, however, they go on a mindless rampage before.

Nuwisha Abominations:
They just die every embrace attempt, so "Nuwisha" don't really become an Abomination.

Anansi Abominations:
These never occur as well, because vampires cannot tolerate the elements within their blood to complete the embrace.

Kitsune Abominations:
They're proclaimed to be blessed, because on the very first drop of vitae that is given to them on their blood drained form; an intense pillar of flame occurs.

Ratkin Abominations:
They're able to be embraced, however they rot like ordinary corpses and eventually fall over and stop moving. Ironically.

Hybrid Society:

Both Garou and Vampires can potentially see these creatures, "Abominations" as a threat to each of their societies. On the side of kindred (or rather vampires), it's simply a dangerous thing to have an insane hybrid to wonder about the place breaking the masquerade. So much so, that they'd go about hunting down these hybrids to prevent this. However it is to be kept in mind that not all hybrids are insane and destructive. Meanwhile, on a Garou's stand point; depending on what they believe when it comes to the creation of Abominations, some might believe it's best to just hunt them down to prevent them from breaking the veil. Meanwhile, there might even be a sect of Garou who'd believe that the creation of Abominations (specifically Garou Abominations) are a blessing of Gaia to aid Garou in a losing war and thus can be used as these Abominations were once Garou themselves, who serve Gaia. But that's usually not the case when it comes to what they believe.

An Abomination's Humanity:

Indeed, Abominations have their own sort of humanity. Specifically within char sheets, it's called "Ego" and it's similar to that of "Vampire's Humanity". Basically, the more Ego an Abomination has, the more potential "humanity" he/she has. I believe Dagwood wrote this somewhere in another thread explaining it better but I decided I'd be brief with it within this post. If an Abomination's ego points is kept at a rating of 7 or more, they do not give off wyrm stench. Meanwhile, the less ego points an Abomination has, could be viewed as to "the closer to the beast" he/she is. I suppose insane hybrids would not have very high ego, meanwhile the stable and perhaps most dangerous of ones have the POTENTIAL to have high ego points.

Abomination's Sire Bond:

All Abominations basically have the occurrence of a sire bond, they become the "chide" of whomever embraces them into the creatures that they are and by blood, form a bond. They listen to what their masters tell them despite the fact they might have different opinions on different subjects. However, this bond can be broken (usually by the death of the master; sire) and thus the Abomination is set free from this bond. There's a known Abomination who's sire bond was broken by his pack members killing the sire, and despite the fact his old pack members tried to kill him plenty of times . . the abomination/hybrid kept with his beliefs as a Garou and proudly aided Garou within the War Of Chicago. So, once their free from this bond, abominations can essentially just form their own opinions on things and even attempt to stick to their Garou side and completely go against the vampiric community.

Known Abominations (WoD):

Spoiler for "Harold Goodston":
Harold Goodston was discovered by a tribe of Silver Fangs when he was 15 years old. He was taken to Chicago where he lived until the faithful night when his pack was attacked by a group of vampires. Goodston and three other Garou were captured. They were all embraced, but only Goodston survived the transformation.

For the next 11 years he served his Ventrue master, who was the right-hand man for Chicago’s Prince – Maxwell. Goodston had much influence and prestige in his new unlife. And with his Garou abilities, he could outfight and out think any Kindred who opposed him.

But then Maxwell was overthrown as prince and Goodston’s sire was destroyed. Goodston was now in exile and he left Kindred politics until his existence faded from memory. He now goes by the name Pariah and is on a quest to achieve Golconda.

Pariah feels shame for his vampiric state of existence. He will never look the other Garou in the eye, nor raise his voice or paw against them, except in self-defense. Pariah dislikes being seen in his Homid form, as he is extremely self-conscious of his vampiric appearance.

He has a small haven in the sewers of Chicago. Only a few Nosferatu know he’s down there. Because he hides from the Kindred and Garou, he is virtually unknown to the world. His dream is to be able to return home to his people. Pariah is usually seen in his Lupus form – a dingy off-white wolf. His Homid form is a pallid, dirty bum in old clothes and Chicago Cubs baseball cap.

After some decades he made his presence known again in 1993 during the infamous War of Chicago, playing a major role as a foe of the Kindred. Though valorous in battle and penitent of his damned state, he was again shunned, indeed hunted, by the Garou for his actions. His melancholy returned, made worse by the manipulations of a devious Tremere and the slaying of several Garou who tracked him, he withdrew deeper into suicidal thoughts and the pitiful webs of the Jyhad.

more to come . . . ?

Offline Telekinetic

• The Great Abomination
Re: Hybrid Lore (Unofficial)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »
Anything for you John :)

OH I forgot I didn't put this shit.

OT: Yeah, nice guide, will give some noobie hybrids like Alexandre Rodriguez a little idea how to be one. :P But sad we can't be WOD ones.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:56:30 PM by Telekinetic »

Offline John Rodriguez

• King of hybrids.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:53 PM »

wow thanks for such possitive feedback, because I'm totally not being sarcastic now

Online Nadlerson

• The Vampire Turd
  • No identify as man.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »
Great guide, personatly helped me understand more how to start my new hybrid character. Thanks Rodriguez.

Offline Matthews

• Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
dope guide man, thanks.

Apollo

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »
Nice job king. You should've posted the most famous hybrid and the master of badassry too, in WoD.

Offline John Rodriguez

• King of hybrids.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »
Nice job king. You should've posted the most famous hybrid and the master of badassry too, in WoD.

I'll keep posting more known hybrids later, but thanks for the feedback everyone.

Offline Theredandblue

• Banned!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »
"Seen better" - one who lurks

Apollo

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 11:37:53 PM »

And what does IGN say about this guide??

Offline iKonic

• ᴵ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᶦᶰᵍ, ᵈᵃᶰᶜᵉ, ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉᶰᵈ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴷᵃᵃᵃᶻᵒᵒᵒᵒ
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

And what does IGN say about this guide??
2/10. always

!nicehack

Offline John Rodriguez

• King of hybrids.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 06:06:21 AM »

OH I forgot I didn't put this shit.

OT: Yeah, nice guide, will give some noobie hybrids like Alexandre Rodriguez a little idea how to be one. :P But sad we can't be WOD ones.

I bet someone's eating away at those words now, huh.

Offline Dielan

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
  • You're not my friend.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 03:07:54 AM »
what about samsas :^)
Donovan Callahan - Sexiest Vampire N/A.
Samuel Barker - Sexiest Demon N/A.
Zachariah Novak - Sexiest Werewolf N/A.
Jesse Nascimento - Sexiest Samsa N/A.

give me the dick

Offline Lurker

• if u dont haf any friends u cant get hurt :-)
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 11:38:12 PM »
I do wonder as well what happens to mockery breeds if embraced, found nothing so far.

Offline Telekinetic

• The Great Abomination
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 09:16:16 PM »
I do wonder as well what happens to mockery breeds if embraced, found nothing so far.
Being an artificially derived creature, I doubt they would be able to resist the embrace, they are already fucked up enough, and embrace would either be an instant, or a slightly delayed death. And who the fuck in their sanity would embrace a mockery feral being?

Offline Lurker

• if u dont haf any friends u cant get hurt :-)
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
Being an artificially derived creature, I doubt they would be able to resist the embrace, they are already fucked up enough, and embrace would either be an instant, or a slightly delayed death. And who the fuck in their sanity would embrace a mockery feral being?
Mhm.
;-)