"Flesh, spirit and imagination. Bound to all three and transcending each."
Basic infoNames: Caleb Malik
- His birth name, given by his parents.Nicknames: Big C, Hyde & Ecstatic.
- Big C was given to him by his buddies while they were all in their late teens. Caleb, being larger than most of them stood out and got nicknamed exactly that.
- Hyde is the name he took on after getting into music creation.
- Ecstatic was given by his magi friends, directly related to his tradition 'Cult of Ecstasy'.
Date of birth: 27/09/1974, 23 as of 1997.
Place of birth: Auburn, Washington, North America.
Beyond typical perception, there’s something more. You see it, though few other people do. Even by mage standards, you’re a radical seer. Though you spend lots of time and energy chasing your vision, that deeper goal is worth whatever its search might cost.
Inspiration guides your steps, inspiring you to see what others can’t or won’t perceive. You visualize some great ideal the return of your people’s glory, a world-changing technology, a path toward Earth’s redemption, that sort of thing – with the passion of a true believer.
Your weakness, though, is Pride in your stubborn search for truth. To Ascend, you must learn humility, seeking visions that other people can enjoy as well.
Personality: ENTJ-A aka The Commander
Affiliation: Traditions, Cult of Ecstasy (aka Seers of Chronos, aka Sahajiya, aka Cult of Bacchus) and the Council. (Primary)
- Red County Sheriff's Department, Red County General Hospital [Prior] (Secondary)Titles: Sage, Caleb the Ecstatic.(Primary)- Sages is a common role within Council. Usually those are the mages who "get stuff" for their Council. They're out there in the field, participating in discovering the uncharted lands or retrieving ancient knowledge, or simply helping other roles like patching up Enforcers, reporting to Overseers, etc.- Deputy Chief, Emergency Services. [Prior]
- Deputy Sheriff II, Sheriff's Department. (Current) [Secondary]
Physical/appearanceGeneral description:Caleb is a rather stout male of mocha complexion, with facial features typical of African-Arabic descent.
He looms over most of his peers at a lofty 6'5", which is complemented by his broad shoulders and solid chest.
There's a certain stockiness and athleticism about him, from which one might judge his weight to be around 235lbs.
Intricate sleeves of ink venture up from his wrists to vanish under the cloth of his loosely hanging black t-shirt.
About his waist s a pair of typical khaki cargo pants, which are capped at the end by his black combat boots.
His countenance is an image of masculinity, being comprised of a strong jawline and pronounced cheek bones.
Atop his head, with the bill facing forward, is a black sports cap, which conceals much of his closely shaven hair.
Deep orbs of sun-kissed mahogany sit nestled beneath his brow, containing a glint of wisdom behind them.
There is an extensive assortment of beaded, woven necklaces around his neck, which vary in dark shades of color.
A strange sense of electric dynamism, or perhaps a subtle inclination of vehemence, can be felt around him.Ethnicity: Persian/AfricanRace: HumanHair colour: Reddish brown (Changes)Eye colour: Golden (Changes) Distinguishing features: His size, his tattoos (if visible), his clothing style.
- Being very tall, Caleb's biggest distinguishing feature is his size itself. He towers crowds and is easily spotted as he wears a pair of headphones around his neckline. Mesomorph and appears to be well built, judging from how well his clothes fit.
- Majority tattoos concealed under clothing. They crawl up from his wrists as they cover his arms whole with vibrant and mysterious designs, colours and shapes. Few over his collarbones, extending out to his torso, both back and front.
- Caleb is mostly seen wearing thick fabrics that have multiple layers; full sleeved and all that. Height: 200 cms.
- One of his distinguishing features, fits great to his body proportion.Weight: 107 kgs.
- Greek god weighs more than apportioned to height and body ratio.
FamilyParents: Sultan Malik & Timara Ahtleroar.
- Mostly been with his mother during his early lifetime, only knowing very little about his father who returned to his own country after service. His father is of Persian descend while his mother has African parenthood.
- Caleb is kin to the Simba through his mother's side, a relation to shapechanger blood. This also allows him an affinity to the otherworlds where he is welcome as a natural traveler who holds his right to be there.
- Sultan Malik is part of the awakened society, affiliated to the Ahl-i-Batin.Siblings: None
- Brought up without a sibling, remains an only child to his mother.Relationship with siblings/parents: Keeps in contact with his mother often, has no idea about father. Never felt the need for a father figure in his life and hasn't contacted him yet nor plans to. Maybe one day.Marital status: Single, distancing from strong connections ..-somewhat.
- Caleb has been with several women and they still share the tale of the spellbinding experience, most of the it during his recently awoken era. On the love side, hes lied through most of it.Sexual orientation: HeterosexualChildren: None so far.
About himDoes he smoke?: Given up, rarely at most.
- Used to be a constant smoker, now only does it for the social aspects. Given up to his interest.Does he drink?: Often previously, not anymore.
- Hes was more into the strong ones, experimenting them together and forming a lot of cocktails, which apparently everyone loves. The habit has fallen off.Is religious?: No. Aware of supernatural presence?: Aware.
- Has advanced knowledge.Strengths:- Physical aspects
- Social skills
- State of mind
- Goal oriented
- FriendlyWeaknesses:- Rarely serious
- AirheadBehaviour: Easy to engage into a conversation, never at as loss of words. His social skills are easily noticeable and hes quick in responses. Hes a good listener and gives general advice even if you're not directly asking for it. Makes friends easy, approachable, charismatic, fun loving and laid back.
Update: Recently, Caleb transitions out into his thoughts out of the blue. Unintentionally, most of the time. He seems to be inattentive during crowds. Not as social as before, growing reserved.
Also not very friendly with strangers, trying to avoid unless he finds them interesting.Paradigm: Creation is Innately Divine and Alive.The world, perhaps even the universe, is a living entity. That entity is either part of Divinity or else is Divinity itself. Gods and monsters exist, as do pain, horror, and death; that’s cool, though, because in the end good things come from all the suffering. Death sustains life, life gives way to death, and the whole thing is a cycle that perpetrates itself in an ultimately beneficial way. Magick flows from an understanding of that cycle and your place in it as an agent of change. Everything, perhaps, has the potential of magick, but most beings never realize it. Best recognized as a common perspective among Verbena, Dreamspeakers, Euthanatoi, Ecstatics, and other grimly affirmative mages, this model stresses pragmatic acceptance mixed with wild joy. Certain takes on Kabbalism gravitate in this direction too, with Creation as the infinite embodiment of ineffable God. Minus the god part, this paradigm has a scientific analog in the Gaia hypothesis, which insists that Earth is a living, vaguely sentient biomass. Certain Progenitors embrace this idea, especially in the 21st century, when that biomass appears to be fighting its human infection. Unlike the Gods and Monsters paradigm, this belief system essentially says that there is a point to the madness if you look at the Big Picture and accept that what we perceive as pain and horror are merely ripples across a larger spectrum of life.Practices:
- Crazy Wisdom (Primary: Adapted)
- Martial-Arts (Secondary: Progressing)
- Yoga (Secondary: Progressing)Traits: Resolute, social, unpredictable, supportive and goal oriented.
(Present ones)- Enlightenment (Progressing) (Commanding)
- Advance Mind [Affinity Sphere] (Progressing) (Command)
- Advance Life (Progressing) (Command)
- Advance Prime (Progressing) (Control)
- Advance Forces (Progressing) (Manipulation)
- Learn Time
- Learn Correspondence
- Learn Spirit
- Find partner
- Own shack (Progressing)
- Travel to other realms (Progressing)
- Explore Astral realms (Completed)
- Visit famous Chantries (Progressing)
- Master his spheres (Progressing)
- Meet Sh'Zar
- Become part of his tradition's history
- Leave a heritage of knowledge
- Ascend (Final goal)
No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.[ooo]
- Good opinion:
- Close friends:
Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.[ooo]
- Romantic interest:
fuck, too many to keep track of
Opinions about:TraditionsAkashic Brotherhood: "Reliable, strong yet not willing to pass the limits set on by your practises."Celestial Chorus: "You can achieve heights if you pause your faithful beliefs and truly witness the spectrum of potential."Dream Speakers: "Spiritual masters, each different from the other."Euthanatos: "They complete the circle, the final step in nature."Hollow Ones: "Well, they're meshed up with diversity."Order of Hermes: "Daring, theres more to things than the strict codes you follow."Sons of Ether: "Its like a diverse science class, I've met a few."Verbena: "Your ancient and naturalistic ways are admirable although I dont understand much of it to a greater extend.."Virtual Adepts: "Your ideology is very modernistic, tehcnocracy based in some aspects but I feel thats what limits you."Cult of Ecstasy: "We could go back and find out where we started straying from but we're so high on our emotions, I dont think many would care anymore."
Five Steps to Ecstasy:
1: Surrender your fear;
2: Focus your intentions;
3. Open yourself;
4. Attune yourself;
5: Repeat step 1.