Author Topic: son of the morning  (Read 10563 times)

Offline Tom.

• anime
son of the morning
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:25:06 AM »

About him
Name: Arthur Brooke
Nicknames: Art, Brooke, Artie
Date of birth: 12/25
Place of birth: Fairmount

Nature: Crusader
People need a hero, and you’re there to fill that role. Driven by a higher purpose – religious conviction, moral ethics, a philosophical ideal – you strive for a better world. The sword you wield might be more symbolic than literal: a scientist or teacher can be a Crusader too. The struggle, though, is what defines you. A better future must be built upon the foundations of our flawed world, and your duty compels you to demolish the obstacles so that reconstruction can begin.
   Your admirable Zeal propels you through every challenge you face. Lesser souls might falter, but you will not.
   Fanaticism, though, is the mark of a Crusader. Your convictions leave little room for compromise. When everything looks like a nail, it’s hard to stop hammering. Until and unless you learn to temper your enthusiasm and question your own assumptions, you’re just chasing shadows of your own extremism.

Demeanor: Loner
Fuck the world. Everything you need in life you’ve got inside yourself. Even in the middle of a crowd, you’re alone… or at least, you feel that way. People don’t understand you, and you don’t care enough to try to understand them. It’s not that you’re a sociopath or anything (although you just might be one) so much as it’s that you just don’t connect with that whole social animal thing at all.
   Self-Reliance is your blessing. You’re so used to doing everything yourself that you rarely depend on another person’s aid. Ascension, so far as you understand it, is a solitary task, so why bother asking for assistance with that goal?
   Trouble is, your Disconnection cuts you off from empathy and the wealth of human experience. Until and unless you let down the barriers and connect with other living things, you’re doomed to a lonesome and limited existence.

Affilation: Euthanatoi, The Council

Aspect
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Race: Human
Distinguishing features: Entropic Resonance

Hair colour: Dark
Eye colour: Icy blue
Height: 184 cm
Weight: 76 kg

Appearance: Dark hair, is styled back, a tad lengthy but rather well cared for. Features are fairly masculine and perhaps even handsome, often with a touch of a stubble from lack of shaving. Usually well-dressed, he wears long sleeve shirts, pants and shoes to fit the image. His expression is often painted into something serious, eyes tend to wander and perceive his environment. Mannerisms and speech are smooth and relaxed, although words articulated may lack the charm his voice wields.

Family
Parents: (?)
Relatives: Allison

Close people:
- Cal
- Charles

Marital status: Single
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Children: Milly Emily Brooke

Trivia
Does he smoke?: Sometimes
Does he drink?: Rarely

Beliefs?: Reincarnation
Aware of supernatural presence?: Aware

Enjoys:
   - Meditation
He enjoys the ability to concentrate and clear his thoughts it provides. Peace is intoxicating.
   - Mysteries
Curious by nature, he'll often prod into matters he shouldn't if they're interesting enough.
   - Pills
Initially, he took them to combat his depression. Now it's for recreation.
   - Nature
Despite growingly more morbid thoughts, the spirits and nature are beautiful to him.
   - Quiet
He prefers it much more than noisy places. He particularly dislikes clubs.
   - Sincerity
Although he lies quite frequently, he appreciates honesty. Especially when it's blunt.
   - Fruit
Berries most specifically. Strawberries are favorite.
   - Coupes
Mercedes Benz please.
   - Maturity
He likes the experience people bring to the table. These are the sorts of people he likes to converse with.
   - Innocence
Childlike to an extent. He admires those untouched by the world's corruption. Untainted.
   - Decay
Lasting effect of his resonance has become strong fascination with death. Who woulda thought?
   - Cainites
Contrary to common belief, he admires them to a certain extent. However, it doesn't sway his notion that they prey on people, hence why he holds them to a higher standard and expectations than most.
   - Teaching
More so along the lines of mentorship, he enjoys seeing bright minds flower underneath his guidance. He also enjoys this for the opportunity of helping people avoid making the mistakes he has.

Dislikes:
   - Serpents
Love-hate relationship with them. He dislikes the way they're depicted as creatures of evil, but admires their seductiveness.
   - Masks
Why must people hide what they are?
   - Bible-thumpers
Especially the blokes with True Faith. Troublesome, and irritating.
   - Honda Civics
Shitty cars.
   - Deceit
This ties in with masks. He really dislikes being decieved.
   - Petty people
Those who take simple things too far. It's only a game.
   - Violence
He finds it disgusting, yet necessary. He also tries to reject his sadistic nature, but finds that difficult.
   - Innocence
He detests innocence for its vulnerability and naivety.
   - Spiders
Although he wasn't ever particularly fond of them, a few events have led him to be wary of anything that's supersized.

Strengths:
   - Cleverness
He's got a way with words, and he knows it.
   - Wisdom
His Avatar and growing expanse of knowledge surpasses his age. By decades, if not centuries.
   - Perceptiveness
He seems dreadfully aware of the world around him.. so much that he even appears distracted.
   - Charisma
He can't always get what he wants through brute force. Sometimes a bit of charm can get results. Silver-tongued-devil.
   - Combat
He's good at what he does, and he knows it.
   - Manipulation
Why do something yourself when you can get others to do it for you?

Weaknesses:
   - Alcohol Tolerance
He doesn't know when to stop once he starts. Used to be an alcoholic.
   - Socialness
He's far too analytical and growingly more sociopathic. He understands how people work, but doesn't see why.
   - Envy
He's selfish and finds himself wanting what other people have. This usually doesn't relate to wealth.
   - Anger issues
While cool and calm on the surface, once he's reached a volatile state he can be quite violent.
   - Obsessiveness
His fascination soon evolves to obsession. And by far, it is not healthy.
   - Bluntness
He can be quite blunt and his articulation may lack tact.
   - Skepticsm
As a result of a realist view on society, he finds himself unable to trust people are inherently good, that they are driven without hopes of some reward.

Feats:
   - Join the (?)
You don't go looking for them. They come looking for you.
   - Join the Council
He's managed to join the union but finds himself growing distant to them aside from a select few members.
   - Ending a Human Trafficking ring
Along with the aid of a few people, most notably Pandora and Cal, he helped bring down several corrupt officials and hinder human and drug trade, including the prostitution of European and underage American girls.
   - Trained underneath Senex
He briefly studied under him to expand his prowess. He was taught to strive for the balance between life and death, rather than solely dedicate to killing.
   - Near Enlightenment
At first all she spoke was subliminal messages and occult deliverance. Now he can truly understand what she strives for him to be.
   - Mentoring a Prodigy
He's been teaching his daughter to help coax her prowess to full effectiveness, while pushing her away from the downwards spiral of Jhor resonance.

Goals/dreams:
Meet a nice, loyal girl
Protect his family
Own a Benz
Meet someone with similar tendencies
Understanding the universe
Comprehend himself
Prove everyone wrong
Comprehend people
End the Technocracy
Keep the wheel turning
Pass the torch
Find peace with himself
Find who killed JFK
Change history
Being someone
Be someone
Find the waters of wisdom
Mentor her
Mend the broken glass
Feel the breath of life
Embrace the kiss of death
Find out who he was

Temperament: Not very fun at parties. Callous, and reserved, Arthur isn't always the most pleasant person to be around. Although he has the best of intentions when he speaks to someone, intellect can be off-putting when etiquette is withdrawn and honesty is spoken. Even to those close to him, he's left being critical although unintentional, which leaves those who opt to spend quite some time with him, feeling drained and tired. Of him. Difficult to anger, his moods can shift depending on his levels of intoxication, but he often chooses to refrain from drinking from little self-control to stop once he begins. Determination borderlines obsession when something captures his thoughts and need to understand and comprehend may cost him a night of sleep, if not several, as his curiosity dictates.

About him: Arrogant, Critical, Obsessive, Curious, Charming, Perceptive, Stubborn.

Social

- - - -
[ooo] - Enemy: Dislike, distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Impartial: No relation, ambiguous ties.
[ooo] - Friendly: Like, love, adore.
- - - -

Milly - “You've a long path ahead of you, but you're a strong girl. Every day I grow older, and every second I feel farther away from who I once was. It's difficult for me to swallow that you won't be this bright young girl forever, and soon you'll be a blooming young lady.”
   “Stay away from boys, or I'll make them stay away from you.”

Stephanie - “Colorful. There's so much to be done, and much to be seen. Let's hope our interests don't conflict. I might have spared him, but don't fret, animals that are cornered and beaten tend to lash back. That's going to be certainly amusing.”

Cal - “You wouldn't believe the things I've seen. We were never close, but there's distance between us. I wonder why.”
   “Something tells me you've great Destiny before you. Fate may be fickle but it doesn't lie. Don't let yourself grow astray from your cause. Don't become like me.”
   “The world has done a number on you. Maybe it's just the town or maybe it's just the current times but you seem tired. Heavens know I'm tired too. Yet we can't rest now, we've a long road ahead of us. There's never any break for the weary.”
   “We've earned a right to be selfish.”

Bryche - “You're nice to be around. Terribly violent and angsty to a point, but you've some good qualities in you. I don't know what you want from me but I know what I want you from you.”
   “I'm just doing everything I can to avoid taking it.”
   “You're as cryptic and enigmatic as fate itself. I've tried and tried to decipher you but I've been left awake at night with little result. But.. you're a fragile rose. You strive to be around me but don't you know? Things wither and die  around me.”
   “Selfishly, that's a risk I'm willing to take.”
   “I don't love you, you can't live without someone you love. Maybe I never will, but I'm terribly fond of you. Someone told me that we've earned our right to strive for more. You're more.”
   “More than you could ever imagine.”

Blackwater - “Where have the days gone? I appreciate your loyalty and honesty. You wouldn't realize how rare these qualities can be, especially when bound with a patient and tolerant man.”
   “Live the dream. ”

Pouffiasse - “My kindness only extends to my duties. Don't expect more from me.”
   “Have you grown bored of me so quickly? You've been graced with my number but I've not received a single call. Pity.. just when I had been toying with the thought of humouring your attention..”

The Wyck - “I'm still trying to figure out what to make of you. I've got the oddest feeling we've met before... have we?”
   “She might have disgraced someone close to you, but your methods are crude. Take this from someone who flirts with Death and sometimes takes it all the way.. do not become too passionate for the cause. Lack of emotion and too much presence of it are swift ways to Jhor.”
   “I don't see why you're so frivolous with your attention. You've two children and you abandoned your wife for her faults as if you're without them as well. Instead, you spend your time fawning over Callaway's sister when you claim and breathe you live only to aid us along the fallen nights. I've heard as soon as you had your Avatar strengthened you promptly fucked off to your own matters. Are you really here for us, or are you so reluctant on moving on?”
   “My judgement has grown cloudy and regardless of how things have been, I know I've been selfish. There's nothing wrong with wanting more than personal duty but honesty is a virtue. Just don't allow yourself to fall into the same vicious cycle of loss and renewal. Haven't these millenia scarred you enough?”
   “Don't lose sight of yourself.”

Arlyne - “Your singing voice is just fine.”
   “I used to draw, but I've put away that canvas and replaced it with the physicality of one's body.. my palette is now in shades of black and white.. my brush is death. Charles seems quite fond of you. I'm curious to know why.”

Cherry - “I see. You come from a distant timeline where everything was happy and perfect and you knew Stephen and Charles more intimately than anyone else. Interesting.”
   “You're sweet, but you're too sweet for this world. Perhaps I'm just envious Charles has so many worried for him and.. I don't. You've much to learn, but all of that can be fixed with time itself.”
   “Maybe in another world things could have been different. Wouldn't you know?”

Ash - “I'm inclined to label you a friend but if I did, it'd be purely out of physical attraction. You're not so bad, but there's much more to be spoken of and much to learn of one another.”
   “Do you've any idea of the world you're about to see?”
   “There's your moment's glimpse. Take a good long look. It's difficult, it's painful. The path we have before us is far from easy, we don't simply have things given to us. We take it by the throat.”
   “I'm harsh to root out weakness. You need to be stronger.”
   “All of us do.”
   “Did you find something better than us?”

Julianna Stonewart - “My memory might be a bit fuzzy but I know you led me there. You knew what was inside and what was waiting for me. I'll just have to put the pieces together and see where that takes me. As for you.. let's see what fate has in store.”
   “You're far from innocent. Me and you.. we're cut from the same stone, despite being from different worlds. Maybe things could have turned out differently.. perhaps you could have been redeemed.”
   “I spared you.. believe me, I did. You've been given another chance. Don't let it go to waste.”

Jax - “You're too spontaneous for your own good. Don't let that distort your views.”

Lisa - “Would you still look up to me if I told you I'm not the person I used to be?”

Charlotte - “What am I supposed to make of you?”

Dee - “Masterful overwatch control. I've never been much for technology that doesn't start with the pull of a trigger and ends with a projectile being launched out the other extremity, but you know what you're doing.”
   “Something tells me you're going to save me a few times. Thank you in advance.”

Nick - “Don't be stupid. Killing yourself would be a plain and simple means of ruining the opportunity you have. Not everyone is graced with the ability to percieve the world for what it is - to work their will and bend things to their liking.”
   “Truth be told I don't need the coin, but it'd have been rude of me to deny your gift. Be careful of what you do. You've great things set out for you. You just don't know it yet.”

An - “For someone so proficient with Manas you've little thought behind your actions. You're more than Naraki by this point.”
   “Your dissolution will pave the path to your renewal.”

Hound - “You're still rather boring.”

Leonerd - “You're a few mistakes away from the Good Death. Be thankful I'm allowing you that much.”

Views

Akashic Brotherhood: “In their fury, they brought suffering to many. These wounds still haven't healed.”

Celestial Chorus: “Their vision is narrow; they try to limit others with their religions, but they refuse to take responsibility for themselves.”

Cult of Ecstasy: “If they look deep enough, they'll understand that joy is as transitory as sorrow. Compassion comes in removing that sorrow from others, not in bringing indulgence to themselves.”

Dreamspeakers: “Unable to move past their history, they're trapped by their great Dream.”

Hollow Ones: “Their simplistic embrace of morbidity is just another escape from true acceptance of death.”

Order of Hermes: “Pride has brought their fall. Once trimmed, though, the tree grows to greater splendor.”

Sons of Ether: “Just as we destroy that which no longer has a place, they give rebirth to the remnants.”

Verbena: “We see the same cycle of life and death, but they place duty to that cycle over duty to people.”

Virtual Adepts: “Even a thought knows the decay of time. Nothing created by humans can outrun human suffering.”

Marauders: “Sometimes, everything just shatters. Sometimes, one can mend the pieces and move on. Other times.. they don't.”

Nephandi: “There's more to the world than utter darkness. To cloak it in death is foolish, and utter submission to the end is ignorant.”

The Technocracy: “The world isn't meant to be controlled. Don't try to.”

Credits to Bogdan for the layout
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:40:59 PM by Tom. »

Offline Jackiee

Re: The Euthanatoi
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:29:06 AM »

“People out here, it's like they don't even know the outside world exists. Might as well be living on the fucking Moon.”

??? wat

Offline Tom.

• anime
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:31:05 AM »

“People out here, it's like they don't even know the outside world exists. Might as well be living on the fucking Moon.”

??? wat
Think about it.

Offline Smoke

• are you my real dad
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 05:41:32 AM »
A1

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • Trial Administrator
  • benchod number 1
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
dope

Offline cantbearmaros

• who is this guy?
  • Sheriff's Department
  • Banned!
  • amm... got kicked out of my house wat now
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 01:24:31 PM »
you have issues with naming your characters, the names make them look like theyre some special snowflakes when they arent, you should give them proper names cause these just make them look like major WoD characters or protagonists

when youre natively english but cant speak it

Offline Tom.

• anime
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
you have issues with naming your characters, the names make them look like theyre some special snowflakes when they arent, you should give them proper names cause these just make them look like major WoD characters or protagonists
It's advertising. It grasps people's attention, and gives you a rough idea of what you're going to see in the profile, what to expect.

But I see what you mean.

Offline Lurker

• Emergency Services
  • oy vey
Re: Arthur Brooke
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 02:33:35 PM »
Glad it's not a black robed edgy necromancer ;)

Offline The Eternal Stud

• Banned!
  • Army of one
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 03:53:52 PM »
It's advertising. It grasps people's attention, and gives you a rough idea of what you're going to see in the profile, what to expect.

But I see what you mean.

i didnt feel any of the stated above, maybe because im not people....

Offline Tom.

• anime
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 05:46:30 PM »

But I see what you mean.

i didnt feel any of the stated above, maybe because im not people....
You still ended up on my profile.

Guess it still worked anyways

Offline Mikey

• All you need is love
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 02:33:00 AM »
looks good bruv

Offline Nadlerson

• The Vampire Lord
  • Sheriff's Department
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »
So ur the mage that stand NOT AFKING infront of the bank.

Offline Tom.

• anime
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 02:42:39 AM »
Thought this was worth mentioning in the CP.

Thanks Smo.

Arthur Brooke and Isabelle Raines.

Offline Hal

• The King in the North
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 11:17:59 AM »
Is that Constantine, fam?

Offline Tom.

• anime
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 06:30:07 PM »
Is that Constantine, fam?
Actually, no, it isn't, but the resemblance is impeccable.