Author Topic: The "Workshop" Program  (Read 486 times)

Offline Iron

• IronTony#0211
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
The "Workshop" Program
« on: January 28, 2020, 20:36:39 PM »
Hey there fellas,

This following program is, by all means, an experiment, and it may be removed if deemed too much work and if no one finds interest in it.

We have plenty of guides that are both long and painful reading, though they are basically compressing 400+ pages of a book into about 5 or 6 pages which is amazing. But sometimes, there are things that don't need a guide or perhaps a guide isn't the way to do it.

In this program, we will give a platform for anyone who deems knowledgable enough to come up and "lecture" about the certain WoD based knowledge they have. By Lecture I mean hop on a special Voice Chat channel we have on the community Discord and explain to an audience the topic.

I will take the liberty of the first throw, though it isn't WoD based but rather how to be a Storyteller or how to be a better one.
A special Discord tag will be handed out to those who want to be apart of the program and want to get the tag to see when is the next session.
There is no proper guideline as to how to do this, though as someone who taught for about 2 years you can come to me with ideas and I will help you solidify how you present the material at hand.

So, what do you do?
  • Think of an idea that is either not in a guide or too complex for a guide.
  • Write down to your best effort what the idea is and how you intend to go about explaing it.
  • Send me on Discord the whole thing so I can go through it with you.
  • If the Workshop session is greenlit, we can continue onto actually preparing for it.

What does this give me?

Well, if you want some incentive we are giving out about 50 contribution points if the material is big and "glorious" though for smaller sessions we may give less.
It varies really as it is not an exact science.

Rules:
  • As a presenter you are to come prepared with the material yourself and should be made by your own self. It doesn't have to be long, but long enough to fill in at least 15-20 minutes.
  • You need to prepare to be asked questions and monitor debates.
  • If you are presenting or present in the session you need to agree to be recorded. This is for the sake of those that could not be online at the time (the sessions will be uploaded to a special VWH youtube channel).

Workshop Scheduling: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxRsZUYjbc2NpoazyfpsOGavGkRyxYscS3-28CVVGPY/edit?usp=sharing

Workshop requests: https://forms.gle/bVP1Ygab1iPC1i1n9

If you are interested in anything of these feel free to ask.
If you want to make something, send me a Discord message.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:08:26 AM by Iron »