Author Topic: Untold tale  (Read 950 times)

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
Untold tale
« on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:44 PM »
Spoiler for Fitting music:

(OOC disclaimer: this actually happened in-game.)

It was a hard week. Council has always needed help from him, and this time it was no exception. Constant pressure, both within and out, people coming for his aid, pleads, threats. He's ought to be tired from all of this after living for so long.

Ragnar, why did you leave to Primal Wild, again?

I had a task. I have people to take care of.

Your mission was done centuries ago. Bertram invited you back. Why did you stay--..

Shut up.

Recently I killed my father. He spoke of all the sins I've done, reminded me of all mistakes, but he forgave me. Sometimes I wonder if I was meant to survive.

I'm not even sure how I'm going to raise them. I'm always in danger, always out there and busy helping my people. I try my best to take care of them but it seems too much. I know I have her now, that easens my burden. Children, Dark Gods, Council, other Night-Folk, budget, Chantry, our enemies.. having to take care of all of that sometimes gets tiring, and that's just a top of an iceberg.

He always told me that biggest struggle comes from within, and in this century it only became more apparent. Jhor Resonance doesn't let me drop my guard even for a moment. I often spend my nights sleepless - I keep telling people that I slept but instead I just use Arts to appear rested.

Why don't you go to sleep then..?

Didn't I tell you to shut up?

We've been together for so long and I've seen worse, but if you keep misstreating me like this--..

Sigh.

Okay, sorry.

Ragnar, I'm worried about you. Your anxiety is killing you. She's right, you should take a long rest and stop reaching out to help every single time. They're not children, they can do on their own for a while.

Maybe she's actually right. Deep Pattern scars hurt a lot lately and I feel exhausted. I try taking a nap in random places, like someone's car or even bar, but even then people come and bother me. I'll try to get Sanctum or at least travel to Primal Wild's Lake.

Come and rest.. don't worry about your children, I can manifest for you and take care of them.

Not now, Cosmos. I'm tired of keeping it all hidden. I want her to know, at least part of it.

I decided to call her and I prepared something in my personal room. Honestly.. I was afraid. Afraid and anxious.

I'm tired of trying to keep a smile on, be kind to everyone and give advice to all who need it. The hardest part is to never tell others what you actually feel. They'll never get to experience how it's like - and honestly, I'm glad. Nobody deserves such.

Well? She's coming here?

I guess.

I wanted her to come and see, but at the same time I wished she'd ignore my call. It's not easy to open up to someone, even the part of it, especially if there's so much more to what people see.

Kids are asleep. House is clean. Notes are ready. Okay, I suppose it's time to leave.

What, aren't you going to be there and watch how she reacts?

I will see her, just.. I won't be there.

Ah, resorting to scrying..

I didn't respond.

I can see her entering the house. She called my name but it'd be best if I stay hidden. House was awfully quiet so I turned on this music, maybe it'll also help her with impression on what she reads.

You do know she loves you and she wants to see you?

I know. I'm afraid of her reaction.

But why? If she actually has those feelings, she'll stay with you.

Silence was my answer. Cosmos sighed in frustration and continued to watch with me.

She walked around the house. I gave her the key to my room, she made her way there and opened the door. This might get harder than I thought.

The moment she entered I felt like just teleporting her out of there. My heart was racing in worry and destroying everything I wrote - but then, why did I go all this way to set up the plan? It'd be such a waste of effort.

They say the loneliest person is the kindest. The saddest person rarely appears sad.

And the most damaged person is the wisest.

You make your way to the room.

When you unlock the door and enter inside, you see countless photos and notes. All those pictures trace back to different timelines. Dark Ages, Golden Age of Piracy, Reinnassance, World Wars, 20-th century and so on.

All those notes tell a story of their own. You can feel mixed Resonance creeping in the air - sometimes it's happiness and cheer, other times it's anger and despair. They share one similar trait, all have signs of grief in them.

There's selected group of people that appear often on different pictures.

You pick up a photo.

Charles can be seen on pictures, standing next to people you don't recognize.

He looks happy.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:08:21 PM by Bogdan. »

Offline Monte Carlo

• Welcome Wadey boy, enjoy your stay, take note that no toxic attitude is allowed around here, so try to behave.
  • Sheriff's Department
  • Location: Welcome Wadey boy, enjoy your stay, take note that no toxic attitude is allowed around here, so try to behave.
  • i am a nice guy. :o)
Re: Untold tale
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:46 PM »
From this amazing and beautiful story I have conducted my professional review: magesop

Offline Tom.

• Naive
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »
Pretty damn straight. I like it.

Offline iKonic

• It me.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:10:46 PM »
,_, why you do dis bogdane

!nicehack

Offline Dielan

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
Skimmed through it, saw more undertale dialogue

Cmon bogdan

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:35:32 PM »

Cmon bogdan

What undertale dialogue?

Offline Dielan

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »

Cmon bogdan

What undertale dialogue?
Mainly this
You pick up a photo.

He looks happy.
I haven't read the whole story yet, so there might be more, or not, idk.

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »

Cmon bogdan

What undertale dialogue?
Mainly this
You pick up a photo.

He looks happy.

I don't get it, how's that Undertale?

Offline Dielan

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 02:53:53 PM »

Cmon bogdan

What undertale dialogue?
Mainly this
You pick up a photo.

He looks happy.

Could just be a coincidence. That's almost a quote word for word from a secret location in the game.

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

Cmon bogdan

What undertale dialogue?
Mainly this
You pick up a photo.

He looks happy.

There's a pic of sans in his secret lab where you find those lines. Not saying you got it from there, but they're there.