Author Topic: Hush  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
Hush
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:38:02 AM »
Spoiler for Fitting music:

After long day at Sanctum, I took a glance at what I built. It was something gorgeous, a work performed by master - well placed walls, neat elements of interrior, occasional vegetation, a fireplace and more.

A call in my head. She was asking me about daily stuff, knocking on my mind to go out with her, but I didn't feel like it. Odd.

Just tell her you're not feeling well today.. she did say you have to reject her wishes, at least from time to time.

But I--..

Not now, Ragnar. Do as I say. There's something you must face tonight.

I sighed, but obeyed her request. A small message, and the chat with her stopped. I was left all alone in silence of dark room.

A small breeze creeped up on my arms. It wasn't cold outside at all, but the moment later I began feeling like I'm freezing. My lips parted, and a small cloud of steam escaped my lungs. I wondered how, because I did not do anything about temperature.

Good..

So? What is this about?

I can't let you stay like this when the Week of Nightmare comes. Before you face the devil from outside--..

..-- you must face one from within. Yes, I know. If you tried to be philosophical, you could've found a better saying.

Stop talking and listen.

She sounded pretty mad when she said that. It's best to just let her speak before she begins to mess with my magick.

You still haven't healed your old scars, have you..

Which ones?

All of them.

She was right though. I told others I'll be taking a short vacation of some sort, to recover from deep Pattern scarring, but I never did. That pain was nagging more often than usual, perhaps due to my physical activity lately. Or did she mean--..

And you're clearly not ready to face it, are you? They tried to cheer you up and convince you that everything will be alright, but deep inside you're still afraid. Don't try lying to me, Ragnar, I feel it as well.

It's not that easy to just let go after living for so long, you know. It's kind of like.. like you have to quit smoking. You know it's harmful, you know you feel bad about it, and there's much worse to it - but whenever you take another drag, you feel that moment of joy you can't describe. That's how life is for me.

I'm surprised. For once, you talk about joy of life.

I suppose that cheering did help after all.

There's more to it, indeed. Life is pain, it's inevitable. But the question is--..

.-- will I cope with it? I remember, I know. Don't you think I coped for too long? I mean.. you know what I've lived through.. more than anybody else. You felt it too, didn't you?

She went silent. I felt like I asked the wrong question. She's already pretty anxious about us two departing. Even though technically we cannot be separated, she's more of worried about me; my mind could spend a lot of time in other places before I come back.. and even then, we'll have to restart it all. Everything from zero.

She's the one who truly loved me no matter what I did or what was my condition. She stood by my side all this time and I appreciate it. I even feel bad if I raise my voice at her or misstreat her in any way possible.

Can you just.. stop talking about it? There's always something worth living for. Please, remember Bertram's teachings.

Bertram is dead.

But his hopes about you are not. He lived for so long, and you know it very well how much he had to endure, yet he stayed.

I didn't answer for a while. It took me a couple of moments to muster some will and part my lips to speak. Memory of seeing my father go still haunts me.

He was in Primal Wild, not by my side.. he has no idea how it's like--..

Bertram lived on Earth long before you even appeared, Ragnar. He does know how it feels like.

Hearing her voice brought me to tranquility. While she sang her soothing lullaby, I felt her manifest. Two arms wrapped around me from behind, and a light pressure of lips landed on the back of my neck. I smiled to that and looked back at her.

We can't really do that.. she would mind.

In response, she only did it again. I stopped her by placing my hand at her side, letting her know I mean it. A light frown of frustration came up on her face and she stopped, but her arms remained.

Fine.. go to sleep. I prepared you a surprise when you wake up.

I mean it Cosmie. Don't you even think of trailing those lips of yours to--..

I know, silly. I didn't mean that kind of surprise.

She led me to bed for a sleep. Just a few moments later, I was already travelling to Dream Realm inside my head, though I pondered what kind of surprise she prepared.

I woke up.

Everything looks so strange and odd..

While getting dressed, I walked out of home. The sun rays bathed the land in their glory, flowers were blooming, cheerful people passing by to fields. I inhaled, and tasted the sweet smell of honey in the air. That forced a smile on my face.

My gaze tried to capture everything I saw. Trees were slightly leaning from a gentle wind, which I also felt caress my cheek. Unwillingly, I kept smiling. It all just looked.. way too familiar.

I wanted to lay down and forget about everything, just rest on the grass with my eyes closed, enjoying the sun. That temptation almost took over, but my curiosity was stronger. I carefully walked along the soft soil bare-feet. Even land felt nice to touch.. I'm not sure I know where I am.

But the longer I was here, the more it all looked so real. It felt like was supposed to be, it felt natural.

It felt like I belong here.

It's beautiful, isn't it?

She appeared right beside me. I glanced at her, then gazed into sunrise. Somewhere far at the hills, I saw the yellow disc. It didn't even hurt my eyes.

Everything was so perfect about this place.. welcoming people, gentle caress of a wind and sun, soft grass and soil, beautiful nature.

I know you love this. I can see the smile on your face.

Am I home?

Yes, Ragnar. You're finally home.

A sudden thought popped in my mind. I saw a hazy vision of some people.. a Black Fury.. a shaman.. monk with Hermetic..?

I saw so many people, so much action. It all flashed by. The knight, the killers.. a naive girl who talks about time.. a demon even..?

I inhaled again.

Wait.. who are these people?

Is everything okay, Ragnar?

Yes, I.. I think everything is fine.

That's good. Sunrise is gorgeous. Enjoy your time here.

I wish it would never end..

Online FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • triggered wws! achtung! u shud hide!
Re: Hush
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 10:57:02 AM »
Wow. Just wow.
My YT channel.
My Instagram.
Rudy pm's darko "Hey i am being caught save me".And darko comes saving Rudy.
Quote from: Flav's app 7th brujah
Destruction, the Amaranth, Diablerie. This is not GOOD, ok? I mean, every single 12th generation would love some of that elder blood so they can become BIG BAD vampyr, but, hey, guess why itís forbidden? Itís a power struggle, in the end, and the elders have the power to set rules like these in order for them not to get devoured by an Alexander Parker.
currently working as freelancer.

Offline Raven Corella

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 11:10:47 AM »
So, that's how it happened, ok.
Good read overall,  a bit too cryptic for my taste but enjoyable.

Online FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • triggered wws! achtung! u shud hide!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
Ukrainians doing their best, isn't it, Bogdan? :)
My YT channel.
My Instagram.
Rudy pm's darko "Hey i am being caught save me".And darko comes saving Rudy.
Quote from: Flav's app 7th brujah
Destruction, the Amaranth, Diablerie. This is not GOOD, ok? I mean, every single 12th generation would love some of that elder blood so they can become BIG BAD vampyr, but, hey, guess why itís forbidden? Itís a power struggle, in the end, and the elders have the power to set rules like these in order for them not to get devoured by an Alexander Parker.
currently working as freelancer.

Offline Bogdan.

• Void traveler
  • Definitely not a mage.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »
So, that's how it happened, ok.
Good read overall,  a bit too cryptic for my taste but enjoyable.

theres more to it but i'd rather keep it for those who can find out ig

Ukrainians doing their best, isn't it, Bogdan? :)

yeahhhhhh i suppose

Offline Xero

• ERP Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 03:16:57 PM »
I didn't find it cryptic at all. :)

Good stuff.

Offline Makonius

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
I have no idea whatever the hell is going on, but I see it's IC driven(?) which I love and encourage. Good read bro.

i still havent read entire tale of wyck, sorry