Author Topic: Childhood diabetes detected  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Carl

• Trial Administrator
  • Keep going, you got this.
Childhood diabetes detected
« on: November 20, 2016, 10:12:36 PM »
You would see a page related to Medicine in the newspapers or hear it to the local radio:

About 25,000 American children under the age of 15 are diabetic, according to the first study on the incidence of childhood diabetes sponsored by Novo Nordisk. Each year 1,000 new cases are detected, at the national level and most correspond to type I or insulin-dependent diabetes. Most affected children and adolescents receive about three daily injections of insulin. According to the study, the age at which drug self-administration is started is the age of 11 years.

* This article appeared in the printed edition of Monday, December 16, 1996 of the newspaper called
'USAToday'.
Some people are simply blessed with the gift of good taste, and Carl is one of those cases.

Offline FiryalYay

• Helper
  • coegs mania
Re: Childhood diabetes detected
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:11:52 AM »
((holy shit))

BigBossDewop

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 12:14:24 AM »
((Time to make an obese kid char))

Offline FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • Vampire.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »
((Eheheheheh.))

**Frisk would look at newspaper confused and surprised.**

Whaaat.

**Unknown man would pass by.**

What it does to adults? Right. Nothing.

Offline Alexis_Alves

• Don't ask me.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

((Yes))
Alisa Sokolovsky

Spoiler for characters:
Olukayode_Mombeshora (Vampire/Assamite/12th)(Current) Alisa_Sokolovsky, (Vampire/Caitiff/10th)(Current) Hicharo_Ishikawa (Werewolf/Metis/Ahroun)(PAST)Adam_Andrewsson, (Vampire/Caitiff/10th)(PAST) Alexis_Alves, (Human)(PAST) Allard_Brown, (Human)(PAST) Abdul_Kader (Vampire/Assamite/12th)(PAST) Muhammad_Ahmed, (Vampire/Ventrue/12th)(PAST) Zhen_Fu, (Human)(PAST) Bo_Shen, (Vampire/Ravnos/12th)(PAST) Katsurou_Kurosawa, (Vampire/Brujah/11th)(PAST)

Offline Fox

• Banned!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 03:37:08 PM »
**Caelin reads the paper, having literally shit else to do**

"Fuck you I'm not obese!"

Offline Damon

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 05:35:08 PM »

how foolish can you be? Diabetics aren't all 'obese' as you say. your brain is fucked up! it's the worse nightmare for you if you ever get it.

I'd build a great wall, and no-one builds great walls as me.

Offline FewLeonTime

• Master Of Format
  • Emergency Services
  • Vampire.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 05:44:45 PM »

how foolish can you be? Diabetics aren't all 'obese' as you say. your brain is fucked up! it's the worse nightmare for you if you ever get it.
((Huh?))

BigBossDewop

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »

((I know you can be skinny and diabetic I did go to high school))

Offline Damon

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 12:14:02 AM »
There are more than just one type of diabetics, make your research.

I'd build a great wall, and no-one builds great walls as me.

Offline Fox

• Banned!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 12:58:31 AM »

((First off, this is an IC Topic and you've since broken a rule by getting prissy. Did I tweak a nerve? My character is ignorant towards Diabetics for the sole fact that ITS THE 90's! You didn't learn much about that in school in 1997 as it wasn't as widely acknowledged.

TLDR; Nice rule breaking, IC topic, sorry not sorry, pathetic. ))

Offline Flavberg

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 06:54:24 AM »

((First off, this is an IC Topic and you've since broken a rule by getting prissy. Did I tweak a nerve? My character is ignorant towards Diabetics for the sole fact that ITS THE 90's! You didn't learn much about that in school in 1997 as it wasn't as widely acknowledged.

(( you do realize people could differentiate between types of diabetes back in the 90's right?

america's health journal came out in the 60's or something and it grew to a large number of readers by the time the 90's showed up

calling people pathetic is just fucking sad dude
I suggest anger management because you seem frustrated at life because of a game))

Offline Fox

• Banned!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 07:27:40 AM »

(( you do realize people could differentiate between types of diabetes back in the 90's right?

america's health journal came out in the 60's or something and it grew to a large number of readers by the time the 90's showed up

I suggest anger management because you seem frustrated at life because of a game))

(( You seem to get off to calling me out. I don't even know you dude whats your fucking problem with me? I made a simple IC statement and a player made a disregard for the rules in order to call me out ooc for my characters ignorance. Regardless of who knows what, that does not beside the fact that my character is not educated about health disorders that does not have effect to her life. The only reason why I personally know about most aspects of diabetes is because of the people in my life who suffer with it.

You have issues kid, every time I try to stick up for myself and that's all I did YOU try to put your cards in the game, fact is kid you're just some Adrenalin junkie who gets off on online arguments, yeah I need anger management but you need a 101 in minding your own fucking business and not shitting where you eat. In that fact I notice you only seem to call out where I go wrong, sure forget the player who broke the rules (Aren't you a helper?) but alas you call me out on what I said, you're a golden boy and a scholar. ))

Offline Lurker

• oy vey
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 07:40:17 AM »

(( You seem to get off to calling me out. I don't even know you dude whats your fucking problem with me? I made a simple IC statement and a player made a disregard for the rules in order to call me out ooc for my characters ignorance. Regardless of who knows what, that does not beside the fact that my character is not educated about health disorders that does not have effect to her life. The only reason why I personally know about most aspects of diabetes is because of the people in my life who suffer with it.

You have issues kid, every time I try to stick up for myself and that's all I did YOU try to put your cards in the game, fact is kid you're just some Adrenalin junkie who gets off on online arguments, yeah I need anger management but you need a 101 in minding your own fucking business and not shitting where you eat. In that fact I notice you only seem to call out where I go wrong, sure forget the player who broke the rules (Aren't you a helper?) but alas you call me out on what I said, you're a golden boy and a scholar. ))
((But the initial post wasn't directed towards you, it was towards someone who had said they wanted to make an obese character oocly. Pardon my French but relax doge hoho, its Christmas n shit, Jesus was like born and stuff :-) ))