An old folk song Jonas uses his banjo to play
Basic infoNames: Jonas B. AnelNicknames: Brotha' Jonas.
Date of birth: 27/09/1967, 29 as of 1996.
Place of birth: Haiti.
Personality: Jonas's personality is almost always one of sage-like propensities. He tends to talk calmly, discuss philosophical topics and or enter in fellowship with those he doesn't agree with. However, beneath this sagely attitude, he has an unsaitable anger that, if tapped into, is deadly to the one who provoked him.
Affiliation: The Dreamspeaker Tradition, the Ioa Spirits, the Haitian Government.
Mr. Jonas. Jonas of the Umbroods. Jonas the Spiritweaver.
Physical DescriptionEthnicity: HaitianRace: Ascended Human (mage) Hair colour: Black. Eye colour: Brown. Distinguishing features: There's are large, distinctive marks all over his body. Some in the form of a curve, some in the form of minature skulls. All of these marks are indicative of the struggle and the sacrifice Jonas has made to the spirits and their descendents. Height: 5'9Weight: 160 pounds.
FamilyParents: Rustan Anel and Hongo Anel(birth) Akkia Hodunko (Madame Hadunko, adopted)
- Jonas was largely raised by Madame Hadunko, a powerful voodoo priestess who was the main reason why Jonas awoke. .Siblings: Eria Anel
-He was born with a single sister whom he doesn't talk to too often, nor never had much of a relationship withRelationship with siblings/parents: He does not talk to his parents at all, however, whenever he can he makes contact with the now deceased Madame Hadunko by way of rituals and sacrifices, and is also seeking her favor to perhaps aide him in his time of need, as an umbrood ally. Marital status: Single. The only relationship he has had, ever, has been with two spirits, and they went up in flames. Literally.
Sexual orientation: HeterosexualChildren: None.
About himSmoking: No.
- "Smoke inhalation has always has been, and will always be a very detrimental thing for anyone who indulges in it. It is wicked and makes an individual float away from their spiritual awakening."Drinking: No.
- "Introducing such a powerful toxin such as alcohol into your system is not only unwise, but it leaves you open for attack by the wyrmReligion: Spiritual, not religious.
- "Religion is a tool of control manufactured by the west to dominate the minds and bodies of it's denizens. It is absolutely wicked. One must connect with the spirits, not with a priest or a pew, to find their inner-self." On the supernatural: Aware.
- "The supernatural is all around us, not only that, but I would say that humanity is merely a product of our supernatural counterparts."Strengths:- Contact with the spirit world.
- His willpower and sense of perseverance.
- His ability to work his will into reality.
- His ability to resist the tricks of those who may seek to manipulate him (strong-minded)
Weaknesses:- Impulsive, most of the times
-Physically not too strong.
Behaviour: Generally, you will find Jonas reading a book, praying to a spirit or sipping a Haitian beverage. He is not one to party, or go out for social outings. For everytime a party happens, he would go to a certain part of the umbra that probably needed some form of assistance, and help them to the best of his ability, if he could do that. That is the kind of person he is. Paragim
: Creation is Innately Divine and Alive.
Spoiler for Explanation:
The world, perhaps even the universe, is a living entity. That entity is either part of Divinity or else is Divinity itself. Gods and monsters exist, as do pain, horror, and death; thatís cool, though, because in the end good things come from all the suffering. Death sustains life, life gives way to death, and the whole thing is a cycle that perpetrates itself in an ultimately beneficial way. Magick flows from an understanding of that cycle and your place in it as an agent of change. Everything, perhaps, has the potential of magick, but most beings never realize it. Best recognized as a common perspective among Verbena, Dreamspeakers, Euthanatoi, Ecstatics, and other grimly affirmative mages, this model stresses pragmatic acceptance mixed with wild joy. Certain takes on Kabbalism gravitate in this direction too, with Creation as the infinite embodiment of ineffable God. Minus the god part, this paradigm has a scientific analog in the Gaia hypothesis, which insists that Earth is a living, vaguely sentient biomass. Certain Progenitors embrace this idea, especially in the 21st century, when that
biomass appears to be fighting its human infection. Unlike the Gods and Monsters paradigm, this belief system essentially says that there is a point to the madness if you look at the Big Picture and accept that what we perceive as pain and horror are merely ripples across a larger spectrum of life.
- Haitian Voodoun.
Goals and aspirations:
(Present ones)- Defeat the Vampiric forces of Red County by way of bargaining with the spirits and working with others (IN PROGRESS, HIGH PRIORITY)
-Create a sanctuary where no one can harm him or his friends (ACCOMPLISHED, for now..)
-Visit the creator of the universe in Haitian Voodoun cosmology, Bondye, in the high umbra. (In progress)
-Return to Haiti and liberate it from it's supernatural ills. (Not started yet).
-Talk to each and everyone of the Haitian Loa (spirits/deities) - Not started yet.
No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.[ooo]
- Good opinion:
- Close friends:
Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.[ooo]
- Romantic interest:
Love, adoration.-----Ansel Blackwater
- Brother Blackwater, what more can someone ask for? He is of my kin and is of my respect. My appreciation for him is unrivaled. Although, you should probably discontinue your pacifistic propensities, they do not work in this county.Caleb Malik
- You took me in when no one else would, you gave me a home and you protected me in many, many ways. You are like a brother to me. Xavier Reed
- Brother reed, what can I say? He has reckless tendencies and an affinity for violence, he also resembles how many troubled youth in the "hood" thing. But, at heart, he is a good guy. The Priest
- Another pawn in the game of religion, yes, but you are also a favored ally against the night-folk. For that reason, you are a friend of mine. Asher, the Demon
- You have a flawed view of the world. Even the weakest Loa could slay you.Demi Owen
- Ah, Demi, Demi, Demi. You are a reckless one, but all things considered you are also one of the strongest among us. Becareful with that, it could end up getting you killed. Bronn
- I don't know who you are, but I better not see you around my homestead again. Stuart Pot
- I love you, little man, but you need to be careful. Evil lurks in the shadows waiting to claim innocent souls like yours. You are young, that I know, but you must be vigilant, lest you become the subject of a blood ritual....Alexander Rosso
- You try incredibly hard to be there for people, and for me, and that is what I appreciate about you. Victoria
- You are one of my kin, therefore I appreciate you. But be wary, wining and dining with the wolven-shifters will not benefit you in the long run. At heart, they are feral beasts with archaic beliefs. They do not want the best for you.Aisha:
Keep Stuart in check, and keep striving for excellenceKristoffer
: An absolute piece of trash. Once day you'll be imprisoned in one of my many toys, and used for the pleasure of the Loa. Edward
: You and your demon friends admit to trying to kill me, this simply affirms my suspicions about celestials. Stay away from me.The Misty-Smelling Grave Digger
: Stay away from me, spawn of darkness, or meet the wrath of the Loa.Emily Martinez
: Oh dear, you are an absolutely gorgeous person. Thank you for all you've done.
Akashic Brotherhood: "You focus too much on the body and neglect the spirit. Strengthening one self physically and mentally is a good thing, no doubt, but neglecting the spirit is no way to do that. Despite their misguided ways, I believe their intentions are noble."
Celestial Chorus: "The manifestation of everything wrong with western civilization. You are nothing but a bunch of killers following someone you believe to be the creator. Shameful."
Dream Speakers: "We do our best, and though we may err, we are the mediators between this world and the next.."
Euthanatos: "There's something sinister about these ones, although, decay itself is but a product of nature and nature isn't always merciful."
Hollow Ones: "Interesting"
Order of Hermes: "They tend to enjoy enslaving spirits and acting obtusely. Don't do it around me and we'll be fine."
Sons of Ether: "Peddlers of scientism. The moment meaning comes into the fray, science means naught."
Verbena: "The brothers of my tradition. I appreciate them and their culture immensely, as life contains a spirit, too."
Virtual Adepts: "Idealists that continue to think of things that haven't really been invented as of yet."
Cult of Ecstasy: "A group of lost souls, lost in a haze of marijuana smoke and euphoria. Put down the pipe and do something that will actually benefit you and the world."
Night-folk and other Supernaturals
Vampires: - Blotches on the face of the Earth, aberrations of the soul, manifestations of pure evil. They ought to be wiped out.
Werewolves: - A foolish pack of wild, feral animals. They hold their "gaia" above all, and believe that she is the one source of everything, that couldn't be farther from the truth. "Gaia" is but one spirit, albeit powerful, but not by far the most powerful. There are plenty of other spirits who could crush her. Learn that.
Demons: - Pretentious celestials, not a fan whatsoever. If I could send each and everyone of them back to the Deep Umbra I would.
True Faith Humans - Depending on what they adhere, these individuals could perhaps be some of the nicest you've ever met.
Hybrids: - Abominations? Truly? I have walked the lands of the spirit, if you are looking for an abomination, these are NOT one of them.
Wyrm: - Never, ever. Sick, sick creatures, I will never solicit help from one of you.
Ascended(Mages): We can shape the worlds merely with our will. That must amount to something.