Author Topic: Ryu Ishimura  (Read 1765 times)

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • Trial Administrator
  • benchod number 1
Ryu Ishimura
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:28 PM »

Spoiler for Masked:

Spoiler for Armored:

Names: Ryu Ishimura
Date of birth: 20/12/1966, 32.
Place of birth: Zhouzhuang, Jiangsu province, China.
Nature: Innovator

There’s always a better way. You spend your life looking for methods and inventions that improve on what has gone before. Sure, past achievements are wonderful enough… but if you just add this, shift that, approach the issue from this other angle instead, then you’ll make a good thing that much better or fix an obvious flaw in a promising design. Creativity is your strong point. No practice, tool, or traditional method is too good for improvement, especially not at this crucial point in human evolution. Let other people follow the established paths – you’re busy drawing up the next road toward a goal most folks don’t even know exists. Your Restless Unorthodoxy, though, can get you in trouble. Especially if you belong to a sect or faction based on established results and protocols (the Technocracy, the Hermetic Order, the Akashayana, and so on), your innovations might be someone else’s heresy. Many mages have been burnt at stakes both literal and symbolic for doing the things you do, and a missed step could make (an) ash of you.

Demeanor: Survivor

Nothing stops you. Hardened by previous ordeals, you’ve developed a sense of self-preservation that keeps you going when lesser souls surrender to the odds. You’ve got little patience or sympathy for people who won’t do whatever it takes to endure hardship. “Shut up and step up or get the fuck out of my way” is your motto. Other folks might not make it through, but their weakness won’t lead to your death. Perseverance is your defining trait. You do what you need to do with what you have to work with. Obstacles are just logistics, and excuses never healed a broken leg. Your weakness, though, is a profound Callousness. You’ve shut down so much in order to keep going that folks often wonder if you feel anything at all.

Affiliation: Mystic Traditions, The Cult of Ecstasy & K'an Lu.

Spoiler for Appearance:

Ethnicity: Chinese, Asiatic
Race: Human
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Hazel
Distinguishing features:
- Various tattoos, his uniqueness in clothing style which tends to underline an oriental design and his overall character outlay in relation to ethnicity.
- Resonance signature.

Height: 176cms
Weight: 70kgs

Parents: Alive and well.
Siblings: Two sisters in the same state as parents.
Relationship with siblings/parents: Not maintained yet parted in good conclusions.
Marital status: Single
Sexual orientation: Asexual
Children: None

Paradigm: Creation is Innately Divine and Alive.

The world, perhaps even the universe, is a living entity. That entity is either part of Divinity or else is Divinity itself. Gods and monsters exist, as do pain, horror, and death; that’s cool, though, because in the end good things come from all the suffering. Death sustains life, life gives way to death, and the whole thing is a cycle that perpetrates itself in an ultimately beneficial way. Magick flows from an understanding of that cycle and your place in it as an agent of change. Everything, perhaps, has the potential of magick, but most beings never realize it. Best recognized as a common perspective among Verbena, Dreamspeakers, Euthanatoi, Ecstatics, and other grimly affirmative mages, this model stresses pragmatic acceptance mixed with wild joy. Certain takes on Kabbalism gravitate in this direction too, with Creation as the infinite embodiment of ineffable God. Minus the god part, this paradigm has a scientific analog in the Gaia hypothesis, which insists that Earth is a living, vaguely sentient biomass. Certain Progenitors embrace this idea, especially in the 21st century, when that biomass appears to be fighting its human infection. Unlike the Gods and Monsters paradigm, this belief system essentially says that there is a point to the madness if you look at the Big Picture and accept that what we perceive as pain and horror are merely ripples across a larger spectrum of life.

Practices: Martial-Arts & Crazy Wisdom.

Goals/dreams:
(Not in sequence)

- Enlightenment
- Advance the Ecstatic Principle
- Advance the Dreaming
- Advance the Ojas
- Advance the Illusion of Space
- Advance the Illusion of Different States
- Advance the Lakashim
- Make companions and acquaint himself to the Dreaming
- Experience the histories and peek into the darker days
- Uphold the Code of Ananda and teach it
- Master his Arts
- Gain perfect clarity over mind, body and soul
- Travel the world and different realms
- Aid K'an Lu in rising
- Become as powerful as Horazio, his mentor.
- Ascend to greatness or die honorably

Relations

-----
[ooo] - Enemy/Despise: Distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Dislike: Distant, avoiding.
[ooo] - Neutral: No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.
[ooo] - Good opinion: Appreciation, like.
[ooo] - Friendly: Sympathetic, valuing.
[ooo] - Close friends: Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.
[ooo] - Romantic interest: Love, adoration.
-----

[ooo] Horazio: You are my guiding light, wise and bright.

[ooo] The Tellurian Order aka the Guild: Only time will tell.

The Dreaming.
Spoiler for The Dreaming:

Ryu's dream representation of himself and his Avatar.

Spoiler for Story:
What is time? For some it is an illusion which passes by without notice, some feel every moment burden them with the severity of everyday life and rituals and there are a few that think outside black and white, delving into the depths of grey where they see Time as an enigma to all dangers of the world. If you pause a moment to analyse that thought, you might agree as everything ends with time; decay, destruction and death, all lovers of Time. I am scrying on the outer edges of this belief, I don’t simply analyse time, it is under my grip. The Ecstatic principle, Time. They’re never rid of their curiousness with the question, “Why does the Cult of Ecstasy focus on the Time Sphere?” the answer is rather simple. These are barriers of the universe one must challenge against and break through. But the providing factor to this being possible is time and effort. Time is the sledgehammer you hold tightly to whack against the barriers because given infinite time, anything is possible. Without time, there is total stasis. Time is therefore the key to the universe itself, its Tapestry and its secrets. When everything is unchanging and dysfunctional, time ceases to exist. My name is Ryu, I am an Ecstatic, and I am K’an Lu. These dark nights have us cornered our goal is to fly. The Technocracy has demolished most of what is K’an Lu. Once we had dominantly pushed ascension in China with glory and passion. Now we’ve lost our consensus and live in a world where everything is explainable in the eyes of science and math. There is much more to the world if you awaken.

I remember that morning, the day it happened. Began like any other morning, honestly. I felt her soft lips press against my cheek as her fingertips ran through my unkempt hair. With eyes barely open, I smiled at her as I overheard the tides clashing against each other and settling by the shore. My eyes were stuck with the premature sunlight and I whispered just one thing by her ear, “five more minutes, baby.” She pulled the sheets from under me like the tides pull you into the water, I couldn’t resist letting out a soft chuckle as I lazily slid off the bed and onto my feet. Looked out the open window to see its already past nine, I could always tell time by looking at the sun. As usual my morning rituals happened in order and I head out afterwards to the shore, gripping my surf board close to my underarm. I heard her calling me from afar, I looked over my shoulder to see her waving to me, saying “Hey be careful okay! The tides are looking a little rough today!” to what I responded with confidence, “Today is just perfect!” It wasn’t, that day marked the first day of the rest of my life. The new life, eyes open to the reality and its movements.

I took my turn, broad strokes and parting waters as I swam further into the sea. The waves were a little rough but I drove headstrong. Dipping every way, avoiding every clash and gliding smoothly along until I laid eyes on a monstrous wave heading my direction, I was foolish to even think I should attempt it. But, this is my destiny, that wave was written for me as I was to awake that day. I had fortified my mind and decided to go all in, as usual I took on the wave and transitioned smoothly into its trough. I felt the wave’s current on my fingertips as I went into what surfers call the “water hole of life”. I had felt alive, but it was short spanned. I lost balance due to the uneven amplitude of the wave and the crest swallowed me whole. I was engulfed by the trough as the wave settled over me and I went under. There was something with the waters that day, a surfer like myself should’ve been able to handle going under but the waters kept pulling me further.

Further into the depths and I watched my life flash in front my eyes while losing my last breaths, succumbing to the water flushing my system and leading me to oblivion. I tried swimming higher but no matter how many strokes I performed I wasn’t getting any higher, you know how you get a shot of adrenaline when you’re in a life threatening situation? It was something like that, she called to me. But not before I faded into my dreams, the darkness overtook my vision and I saw a ball of light at the end, it seemed to take shape of a woman who slowly walked towards me in a joyous manner, I looked around to see myself placed amidst nothing, until she took my hand and let me into places I’ve only dreamed out. The realms, the universe from afar, the cosmos. I embraced my destiny when she simply walked into me and shared the light into my own. She woke me, and my eyes opened to see myself continuing to drift into unfamiliar waters. No, I wasn’t prepared to lose grip, I was prepared to endure and wake. The exact moment my mind set its goal, I felt a rush, I felt something uplifting me by my toes like I was standing atop something. I opened my eyes to see a spark of light in the water body around me. I was determined to surface and I gave in my life. With a spark of energy running through me, I fought against the currents and parted the waves to emerge at the light. I surfaced, I survived but I wasn’t the same. An odd acclimation to the time, a weird ticking noise by my ear, a clock that runs along the circle, waiting for no one in an endless impatient journey. This was making me go crazy, swam back with a shard of life left in me. In the beginning, I was going crazy in efforts to make this ticking stop, I couldn’t tell my girlfriend, it couldn’t be explained. I had to find answers.

I felt different, what had happened back there remained a mystery for days to come. Who was she? I didn’t know at the time but soon found out. The calling became much more frequent and there were times I felt being guided by her, I even gave her a name. My girlfriend wouldn’t understand, she is still asleep. Unlike us. I followed my visions and I ended up in the mountains of northern India. Where I met more like myself, people with abilities. Who understood me, who had similar visions and a set of people I could sit amongst in sharing the experience, not having to worry of being stared onto like a freak. Abilities to shape the patterns of the universe as they see fit, using sheer determination and belief to alter and control. Under their guidance I learned, much of what the world is and how to cast a grip onto my new life. Ananda, the code that binds these fellow mages together in understanding and belief. K’an Lu upholds the majority of the precepts of the Code, their arts are not geared for a better world, they’re geared for a better you.  After all, you bring change. The world doesn’t change on its own.

Years I devoted for the advancement and progress of my Arts. Primarily, the art of Time. What began as perceiving changed to foresee the near future and past, helping me greatly to get along with the progress to come because I saw myself in greatness and that is pure determination. Alongside my affinity being pursued, I strayed my attention onto other aspects of the world, specifically the dreaming. The spirit is the reflection of the soul and mankind. While body is the misplaced perceptions and emanations of self, the Spirit is the emanation of the soul. When people dream of good things such as abundance, peace and love, these dreams also manifest the spirit world. Alongside many others that share my vision, I consider the Spirit world as being somewhat more “truthful” than the physical world. A mystic’s vision becomes more abstract and it is a place of greatness, the world we know is only a shadow. But I’ve learned to push myself into the Spirit world. The possibilities are endless, all is alive and the language is key. Once you are able to perform more than merely perceive is when you connect. Little steps taken towards the acclimation of spiritual enlightenment. The world isn’t enough for us and we step into another.

I was given a great hunger and the only way to quench its dynamicity was to eat. Chewing bites of magick, knowledge and power. My spirit kept pushing me into new horizons, I felt forced even at some scenarios, especially in my Seekings. Was I not eating quickly enough? I pushed to my limits, impressing my fellow companions with my greed for dynamicity and change. I seemed to grasp concepts quicker but I left things behind that got repetitive. What began in my study of Time quickly shifted into Spirit and soon laid onto the Universe as a whole, the understanding of Ojas, what is generally known as Prime. You see, the universe is a pulsating, ever changing power. Its knowledge fed my hunger for power, coming to understandings that everything is Oja, everything is power. Rituals and drive was the most effective tool to harnessing Ojas for me. The Cult knows the power of potentiality. I disciple under the wisest and most powerful mages out the lot and I was an honourable student. Who would’ve known this is what I’d be good at in life, perhaps its destiny. Shifting my realities between the three arts I focus on, I’ve been grateful enough to be blessed the further knowledge and advancement in my progress. Yet, I’m hungry for more. All three aspects of the Tellurian amazed me, the spheres that convey the world’s shape, the endless possibility of their applications. Follow the Code and you will succeed for it is made for the greatness of all.

I rose through my fellow Ecstatics and I have come long from where I’ve started and my companions keep me company as I descended the mountains of Northern India and set foot into the Asiatic coast, in search for answers, in search for power. But the journey was not simple, I was constantly pushed with challenges within myself, hurdles I had to overcome, drastic attempts of staring fear in the eye and overcoming. The sensation of failure hit me multiple times but I was determined to overcome. The steps are simple, surrender your fear. Focus your intentions. Open yourself. Attune yourself and finally, repeat the first step. Through my travels, I faced great troubles which I overtook by outsmarting the situation with my knowledge in shards of the universe, the aspects of control. I was with constant threat until I decided to make companions of my own, they fed from my power and I’ve carried them through snow and sky. Ascending the coast, I skimmed through the seas and jumped onto the other end of the world, the place where time plays a vital role, the place on earth where today becomes yesterday, the Americas. Much more to learn and conquer, much more to ascend. With the right intentions, I will accomplish my goal but for that, I must travel alongside time and my reflections of the dreaming Spirit to make use of the universe to its efficiency. And it was not long before I stepped foot into the infamous Red County to slip away from the prying eyes of Technocracy whose been wandering deep waters in search of me. Also, I’ve heard about the infamous Folnkirk, which is worth visiting to understand how history has left its mark and of a culture that has died out. We really are running from something, chose the right direction and witness its wonders.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:33:11 AM by diplo »

Offline Mr.death

• - Music -
Re: Ryu Ishimura
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:16:29 PM »
Nice CP ;) Have fun with your new character!

Offline Raven Corella

• Banned!
  • Do unto others as others do to you? #enjoythewait
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »
Bad call IMO, but good luck and ultimately have as much fun as you can.

Offline Skeeper0

• Emergency Services
  • Everyone has their time.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:34:31 PM »
nice
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:40:34 PM by Skeeper0 »

Offline Mikey

• All you need is love
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »
My chigga

Offline Hydra

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
vagabond nice

Offline ibrahimqaud

• Ripperino
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »
Great
Spoiler for Characters List:
Nikolai Kotov [Ghoul] (Current)
Hayato Yamazuki [Human] (Inactive)
Keith Black [Human] (Inactive)
Sean Jefferson [Human] (Inactive)
Spoiler for complaints:

Offline $hadow

• Mage Race Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »
Gl
Looks awesome

Offline Simon

• Senior Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:23:02 PM »
samurai jack?

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Banned!
  • caitiff
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 01:07:28 AM »

Offline Iron

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 01:31:29 PM »
samurai jack?

I do hope so.

Well made CP Diplo, as always!
I hope this character won't be as edgy as I imagine it to become, we need some new refreshing characters in the race.
If I seem unresponsive just keep messaging me.

Offline Explosively Savage Arrow

• Banned!
  • keheeee
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »
his fingering jutsu

Offline Carl

• Trial Administrator
  • Keep going, you got this.
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »
Some people are simply blessed with the gift of good taste, and Carl is one of those cases.

- Wait, who's Carl?
- Better know him by his second name...!

Offline Zero

• "The more you care, the more you'll suffer."~AHR
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »
his fingering jutsu

i agree .. .

outstanding cp as usual dip . ..

Offline Mephisto

• idfc ^^
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »
Awesome looking character profile and a nice idea for a character, good luck with it and have fun with it!
Looks promising 4real.