Author Topic: Young Doe [WIP]  (Read 351 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Half man, half amazing
Young Doe [WIP]
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:29:50 AM »

"Grant, O Holy Ones, Thy Protection;
And in protection, strength;
And in strength, understanding;
And in understanding, knowledge;
And in knowledge, the knowledge of justice;
And in the knowledge of justice, the love of it;
And in that love, the love of all existences;
And in the love of all existences, the love of the Earth our mother, and all goodness."
- The Druid's Prayer

Spoiler for Theme music:
Basic Information

Name: Amena Blake
    Alias(es): Amena Doe
    D.O.B: 01/13/1967
    Place of birth: Salem, Massachusetts
    Current Residence: Flint County
    Relatives: Lillian Blake (Mother) Darragh Blake (Father)
    Nature: Traditionalist

Devoted to tradition, you preserve the legacy of bygone wisdom. New ideas are shaky, untested by time, and thus flawed. The Old Ways often are best. They were good enough for our ancestors, and they'll be good enough for future generations too.

Your Consistency is a virtue. Especially in an age like ours, in which novelty defines mainstream culture, it's good to have someone as authentic and dependable as you.

Rigidity, though, can destroy you. Stasis tends to lead to Entropy, especially where mages are concerned. Though your dedication to tradition is admirable enough, you'll need to learn some flexibility if you want to adapt in this age and eventually transcend it.

Demeanor: Crusader   

People need a hero, and you're there to fill that role. Driven by a higher purpose -- religious conviction, moral ethics, a philosophical ideal -- you strive for a better world. The sword you wield might be more symbolic than literal: A scientist or teacher can be a Crusader too. The struggle, though, is what defines you. A better future must be built upon the foundations of our flawed world, and your duty compels you to demolish the obstacles so that reconstruction can begin.

Your admirable Zeal propels you through every challenge you face. Lesser souls might falter, but you will not.

Fanaticism, though, is the mark of a Crusader. Your convictions leave little room for compromise. When everything looks like a nail, it's hard to stop hammering. Until and unless you learn to temper your enthusiasm and question your own assumptions, you're just chasing shadows of your own extremism.

Appearance

Build: Mesomorph
    Height: 6'0 ft
    Weight: 150 lbs.
    Tattoos: Antler and Skull on right shoulder in blue ink
    Eye Color: Green
    Hair Color: Ginger
    Piercings: None
    Physical scars: None

Miscellaneous

Paradigm:Creation Is Innately Divine And Alive

The world, perhaps even the universe, is a living entity. That entity is either part of Divinity or else is Divinity itself. Gods and monsters exist, as do pain, horror, and death; that's cool, though, because in the end good things come from all the suffering. Death sustains life, life gives way to death, and the whole thing is a cycle that perpetrates itself in an ultimately beneficial way. Magic flows from an understanding of that cycle and your place in it as an agent of change. Everything, perhaps, has the potential of magic, but most beings never realize it.

Practices:
Witchcraft
Yoga
Faith

Instruments:
Meditation
Wands and Staves
Writing and Inscriptions
Elements
Books
Household tools
Blessings and curses
Cups and Vessels
Symbols
Circles
Offerings
Sex and sensuality

Goals:
- Failed
- In Progress
- Completed

Is religious?: Polytheistic

Aware of supernatural presence?: Aware

Description/personality: She has the potential for greatness. Despite encountering obstacles, she is persistent, and believes she can accomplish anything. She knows the purpose of her life and nothing will stand in her way. At times, she sees the world the way she wants it to be, rather than the way it is. When too focused on winning she becomes a workaholic, no matter the risk.

Background:N/A

Relationships
-----
[ooo] - Dead/Gone: Mixed feelings; these characters are otherwise dead or unplayed.
[ooo] - Enemy/Despise: Distrust, hate.
[ooo] - Dislike: Distant, avoiding.
[ooo] - Neutral: No judgement yet, just met, no thoughts about person.
[ooo] - Good opinion: Appreciation, like.
[ooo] - Friendly: Sympathetic, valuing.
[ooo] - Close friends: Admiring, deep appreciation, would die for.
[ooo] - Romantic interest: Love, adoration
-----
Katarina: The first thing that stood out was your birthmark but everyone must say the same thing. She says she knows of the Old Ways and wishes to change them but they aren't meant to be changed. I'm a bit skeptical if she even holds any knowledge about the Old Ways the more I think about it. Despite the fact every culture contains a bit of it. The thing is in a time like this you cannot choose your allies and as much as I hate to admit it, it'll take unifying together to get through it. As naive you are about the VA's, it's a huge leap for me to put this much trust into you.

Stuart: We hardly talked before I had other matters to attend too. I can't say much about you but you seem fine based off first impressions.

Dem: Is it really safe trusting you? I feel as if you are only a few steps from falling to the Technocrats. There are so many similarities you share with them but yet you offer to help the Traditions. If there were any Black Suits to infiltrate our circle it'll be one of your kind.

Kai: What are your intentions for gathering the Magi together? You did say for protection but you still share too many similarities to the Technocrats to be trusted. I'll just keep my tabs on you from a distance.

Edward: Typical loud mouth child that was raised by television. I wonder how long you would survive if left in the wilderness with your gadgets. Same as your forefathers, you cannot be trusted.

Kyle: I'm not sure if he's that naive or a complete idiot but I think I held my temper well. For someone to actually believe Technology will save the world is beyond my help. Hopefully only time will tell if he'll learn from his mistakes.

Destiny: I didn't even know vampires could have babies but you are technically dead and have fangs. At the end of the day without death life has no meaning.

Alison: Upon meeting you, I thought you showed slight promise but I believe you to have been corrupted. You don't even know it.

Camery: More than your sister, you show great promise of learning the Old Ways. It's just that you need to kick that dog out of your life or it will lead you down a path of Entropy.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:03:59 PM by Vagabond »
As above, so below:
As within, so without.

Offline Skeeper0

• Everyone has their time.
Re: Young Doe [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:12:32 AM »
looks creepy enough
To see the face of immortality, you must leave the human world
behind.
This fire, these woods, the wind in the branches overhead,
This is the true world, the Motherís realm,
The seat of the immortal, the heart of our world.
The Weaver spins a gilded web, and strong, but it is false,
Ephemeral, when placed against the branches or the flames.
Steel and glass give brave assurances, but only viewed against our
fragile flesh.
Inside that flesh, inside ourselves, is immortality.

Offline Vagabond

• Half man, half amazing
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:22:13 AM »
looks creepy enough
I plan to add some pictures of dead bodies when I get to the sacrifices but this should work for now.
As above, so below:
As within, so without.

Offline Skeeper0

• Everyone has their time.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:25:00 AM »
looks creepy enough
I plan to add some pictures of dead bodies when I get to the sacrifices but this should work for now.
i strongly agree
To see the face of immortality, you must leave the human world
behind.
This fire, these woods, the wind in the branches overhead,
This is the true world, the Motherís realm,
The seat of the immortal, the heart of our world.
The Weaver spins a gilded web, and strong, but it is false,
Ephemeral, when placed against the branches or the flames.
Steel and glass give brave assurances, but only viewed against our
fragile flesh.
Inside that flesh, inside ourselves, is immortality.

Offline $hadow

• Mage Race Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »
Awesome 8)

Offline Rewcrew

• Leader of the C.R.A.S.H division
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »
looks like a local junkie
Nice CP
Cijeli dan je gledo kako diler gudru valja, niko nije smio cinkati Heroinskog Kralja.Svi su znali kako levat dila losu robu, komsija se zezno i zavrsio u grobu.Njega priveli su ovde nece lezati ni dan ima skupe advokate pa ce odmah ici van.Sudija ga pusta da se brani sa slobode, dokaze da skloni i svjedoke da izbode

Offline Lock

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »
She looks like a mutated cannibal. Though it's a good char.

Offline Vagabond

• Half man, half amazing
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 08:40:27 PM »
Appearance means nothing but thanks anyways!
As above, so below:
As within, so without.