Author Topic: Tree-Claws  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Nadlerson

• The Vampire Lord
  • Sheriff's Department
Tree-Claws
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
Slade.

Racial Information

Tribe: Mountain Guardians.
The Mountain Guardians are the youngest of the Gurahl tribes, coming into being after the werebears crossed into the Pure Lands. They learned to coexist with the Wendigo, Uktena, and even the local Bastet. They served as shamans for the native northern tribes, and sometimes lived openly with the American Indians of the southwest. Risking annihilation to cooperate with those who had hunted them in the past, they worked with the Garou to cleanse the Pure Lands of the taint of the Pattern Breaker. They withdrew en masse when the European Garou arrived, leaving nothing but legends to tell of their presence there. Their return to fight the Soul Eater signaled their re-entry into the world. Upon their return, however, they discovered that during their absence, their grizzly bear Kin became almost extinct. Unwilling to leave their Kinfolk’s fate in the hands of those who had harmed them already, the Mountain Guardians vowed to remain, and today they fight to preserve their existing grizzly bear Kinfolk, while preparing themselves to stand with the Garou on the front lines of the Last Battles.

Breed: Ursine.
For centuries after the War of Rage, the Gurahl were an almost exclusively ursine Breed. Mating with, and raising young among, their bear-Kin was seen as safer than among homids with whom the Garou might also be interacting. Even today, many Gurahl active in the modern world come from bear-parents, although hunting and territory devastation have taken a toll on the were-bear’s ursine Kin. Where bears are endangered, ursine Gurahl are rare. Most modern bear-born Gurahl grow up within protected places such as restricted wilderness areas and national parks, retaining bear form until some crisis forces the First Change — and hopefully alerts a teacher to their presence. Once they have taken on human form, ursine Gurahl often remain in that form out of curiosity about human affairs, learning as much as their human born cousins. Gurahl born in captivity usually escape soon after their First Change.

Auspice: Kojubat.
the Gibbous Moon: This auspice guides Gurahl through a period of remembering and learning. In this phase, Gurahl study the lore of the werebear, including history, songs, and stories. Most Gurahl begin their Lifework during this phase of their lives, if they have not already done so. Kojubat Gurahl receive great respect from other Gurahl because they embody the knowledge imparted to the Breed by Gaia Herself.

Name: Slade Gilerbonx.
Born: 14/1/1965
Allegiance: Wyld.

Advantages and Vulnerabilities

Adamant Will: Gurahl gain one automatic success in any opposed Willpower roll involving their need to protect and defend. Attempts by vampires or other supernatural creatures to affect the mind or will, or to possess the body, of a Gurahl are made at +2 difficulty. In most other cases where Gurahl engage in a contest of wills over their duty to Gaia, they receive a boost to their roll (or their opponent suffers a penalty, at the Storyteller’s discretion). There is a drawback to having will this strong, however. Getting a werebear to change her mind is nigh impossible once she has decided on a course of action.

Keen Smell: A Gurahl’s sense of smell is highly developed. Perception rolls involving odors are made at a –2 difficulty, except when the Gurahl is in Homid form. This sensory acuteness includes enabling the Gurahl to identify individuals by their perfume or natural body scent, sniffing out taint or toxins in food or water, and performing other tasks involving smell.

Poor Eyesight: While in Homid form, Gurahl have normal eyesight (subject to individual variations) but in every other form, werebears have relatively poor vision. They are not blind, but they do not rely primarily on their sight and tend not to notice visual cues as rapidly as other Breeds. Perception rolls based on sight alone are made at a +2 difficulty unless the Gurahl is in Homid form.

Seasonal Lethargy: A Gurahl’s body is attuned to seasonal changes. In wintertime, most werebears grow sluggish and experience a psychological need to tuck themselves in for the winter. Though Gurahl do not have to hibernate, they do become more lethargic during the winter months. This manifests in small ways, such as habitual lateness. Gurahl subtract two from their initiative score during the winter months.

Racial Alignment

Humans: Neutral

Vampires/Ghouls: Hostile

Heather - "Stay out".

Mages/Wizards: Very Friendly

Pot - "Man stop interupting my sleep".
Katarina - "You need better friends".
Ansel - "My healer friend".
Kyle - "We had a good start, unlike most".

Garou/Fera/Kinfolk: Neutral

Bjorn - "Get a grip".
Kenneth - "We'll see".
Taylor - "Proved to be worthy".
Ashlyn - "Stupid woman".
Sam - "How are you alive?".

Fallen: Hostile

Possesions

Treehouse.
Huge Truck.
Long bow.
Two handed Axe.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:11:35 AM by Nadlerson »

Offline Mr.death

• - Music -
Re: Tree Claws
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:48:23 PM »
Niceee!

Offline Jeffrey Gain

• edgy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »
Very nice.
[22:52:01] Male_1802_4246 says [Radio]: Drink from glass bottles, people, don't let those femminist jews take you down!

[22:53:01] Male_1802_4246 says [Radio]: Stick to your masculinity, don't turn soft on me! Don't turn soft on AMERICA!

[22:53:28] Male_1802_4246 says [Radio]: Well I'm not even fucking american but patriotism is usually the fastest way to make most of you actually listen to me.

Offline Maid

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
Its great!

Offline Mustard_xP07

• The Sept of Crescent Moon
  • do u not know your own lore?
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
Cant wait for relations. Good CP

Offline Skeeper0

• Emergency Services
  • Everyone has their time.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 01:00:10 AM »
not bad

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • caitiff
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »
Yeah now no one can diablerie you, good luck.

Offline Arther99

Re: Slader
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
I like, keep it up

Offline Zoldick88

• For every end, there is a begining.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »
Nice dude.
Quote from Rudy to leon on: December 18, 2017, 06:44:15

I'm revoking my decision as you immediately asked me to upgrade it as if we're dealing with candies, not Disciplines

Offline $hadow

• Mage Race Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 01:02:27 AM »
Nice  8)

Offline Skull

• The new Nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 03:47:13 PM »
Life is awesome without lying.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Heller

• You're not my dad.
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 01:10:44 PM »
awesome char man.
"In psytrance we trust."

Quote from: Raven Corella
Yeah. I know aaall about your 'blood fights' with Heather.

Offline yankee

• Good Evening.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 06:23:32 PM »
Cool!
Thanks to everyone who laughed and played with me, see you after one year.

Offline Jeffrey Gain

• edgy
Re: King Grizzly; Pattern Breaker
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 09:21:13 PM »
[22:52:01] Male_1802_4246 says [Radio]: Drink from glass bottles, people, don't let those femminist jews take you down!

[22:53:01] Male_1802_4246 says [Radio]: Stick to your masculinity, don't turn soft on me! Don't turn soft on AMERICA!

[22:53:28] Male_1802_4246 says [Radio]: Well I'm not even fucking american but patriotism is usually the fastest way to make most of you actually listen to me.

Offline Raven Corella

• Banned!
  • Do unto others as others do to you? #enjoythewait
Re: King Grizzly; Pattern Breaker
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 10:01:42 PM »

Allegiance: Wyrm.

what?

Oh you poor summer child.. did you not know the bear's true face?