Author Topic: Dante Ainsworth | Arete 2 | Avatar Rating 2 | Sons of Ether  (Read 235 times)

Offline ognjenlo

• Mage/Vamp
Mage Application

General Knowledge:

1. What is a Mage? (100 words min) Each and every individual is considered a sleeper, at first. If a sleeper is exposed to a crisis which makes him realize something or perhaps learns about magick throughout his life, he is at a higher chance to become awakened. Now that you have awakened, you are no longer a sleeper. You opened your second eyelids, you cannot shut them back, you see how the world really is, you can manipulate reality. But an awakened did not just become a celestial being or an immortal. He is still a human like any other. He is still able to fear, to love, to hate, to rage. To die. The only different thing between a sleeper and an awakened is that the awakened is able to shape reality by channeling his will or different practices, see the real world, and laugh at other sleepers for not awakening yet, or ever.

The mage is not just able to cast a fireball out of his ass with a fart, he must have focus, which consists of his Paradigm + Practice + Instrument. All magi have different views of magick and they use it differently. Example, a technocrat will use his gadget or invention as focus, knowing that tech holds all the answers or that the world is a computer simulation, while a verbena might cut herself or kill a goat to sacrifice, or even both for the gods. The point is that mages cannot just make magick happen, they need connection and focus.

In the mage world, there are Spheres. Every mage has his own affinity sphere, that his Avatar and himself are deeply connected to. Oh and this Avatar, every mage has one as well. Each sphere has its own purpose in shaping reality, and if you shape a little too much, there are paradox consequences. All the spheres are for every mage, but one cannot just learn all of them at once. He might not be interested in doing so anyway, he might just want to focus on certain spheres... They take a long time to learn and that knowledge cannot just poof into existence.

2. What is the awakening? (250 words min) The awakening is the most terrifying and significant event of your life. The awakening is the door that opens perception to a whole new level for the new awakened. A mage sees a whole new, magical world as if he has opened his second eyelids. Long-held beliefs will be gone as new come and replace them. The mage will struggle to make sense of these new sensations, and those without a great sense of self and will can often be overwhelmed and destroyed by these uncontrollable experiences. The Awakening and insanity are hard to differentiate.

The awakening may happen at any point in life, age not being an exception. The majority of mages awaken during childhood / teenage years, usually after or during puberty, but it may even happen when the person is 70 years old. Awakening may come as a result of a search for something unreachable, or as a response to a crisis, or as the culmination of a long search for identity. Once the eyes have been opened, they cannot be shut. The reality of truth is laid bare, and the new Mage has no choice but to struggle onward in an attempt to understand what has happened. Many mages seek the answer on how to awaken someone, but there is no known method to awaken someone. Mentors watch over those with strong wills and unusual lives, while elders try to teach their ways to hopeful novices.

I guess we could sort the ways you awaken in a few ways. One of them is a reaction to a crisis. A person may lose somebody, or feel like his life is falling apart, and awaken because of that because he realized that it is not his fault and that he should move on. Some mages just awaken out of nowhere, quite rare, but we can't say it is not a possibility. Perhaps a near-death experience would awaken that certain someone. Example, he is falling off a building and suddenly he awakens, using his knowledge in Time to go back a turn or two to stop it from happening. Maybe the sleeper has been exposed and shown magick since he was born because his parents are awakened. Maybe that knowledge that there is more to the world made him awaken easier. A book, a movie or something might make him realise that the world around him is very different.

3. What is an Avatar? (150 words min) The Avatar is a Mage’s best friend. The Awakening is a fantastic moment, but the truth of the event is a mystery to all but the greatest masters. When humans are confronted with a crisis, they have only two possible responses, fight or flight. The human soul retreats, hiding away from the world to make room for something more powerful, something which can take care of the problem. The Avatar.

The Avatar is often considered to be intelligent, yet incomprehensible to the human mind. Many Mages think the quest for enlightenment, for Arete if you will, is just the Avatar teaching the Mage his language, so they may finally speak clearly. Until then, the Avatar speaks in strange hunches and shrouded whispers. The role of the Avatar is simple. To keep the Mage moving. The goal of the Avatar is Ascension, and as long as the Mage is moving towards that goal, the Avatar stays quiet and watches. Only when the Mage is stuck, unable to find enlightenment and becoming frustrated with magic does the Avatar give that breath of knowledge that keeps the Mage move forward.

4. What is an Avatar's essence? The essence of the Avatar may be described as an Avatar's inner personality. There are many thoughts, maybe it's his personality, his will, the mages subconscious and so on. But one thing is true, it represents the way the Avatar pushes the mage forward.

There are 4 Essences:

Dynamic: Nothing is static, everything must change.

Riding the flames of change, the Dynamic Avatar drives a Mage to strive, alter, tear down and create. Restless and capricious, she embodies the dynamic urge of chaos and wonder. Taken to an extreme, this Essence can bring madness; more often, she tantalizes a Mage with the promise of novelty and the thrill of rebellion.

Pattern: Strength comes from order and stability. 

Like a fortress, the Pattern Avatar safeguards the land, building wondrous things where chaos once reigned. Comforting, ordered, and meticulous, he weaves webs of security. Without his influence, Creation would spiral into madness. This Avatar soothes pain, slays dragons and brings a wandering soul to peace.

Primordial: The most basic things are the most powerful. 

Deep as the ocean, a Primordial Avatar keeps her silence, sweeping a Mage into her depths. Though her grace seems devil-sent, this urge is older than time and more hallowed than heaven. The Avatar thrives on mysteries and carnal pleasures. Through a wild life, the Mage gives birth to a new world and watches the old one from afar.

Questing: Purpose comes from seeking and accomplishing goals.

A questing soul, he leads a wizard on an endless journey past thickets of greed and snares of doubt. Bearing gifts of balance, calm and vision, this spirit has more focus than the wild Dynamic and more images like the rigid Pattern.

5. What is a Mage's Resonance? Resonance is known as the karma of the mage. Also known as the balance factor of the mage world. It reflects the way the mage uses magick and puts it to the reality around him. If they use magick associated with pain and hurting people, they will reflect that mark to the world around them. Same goes for magick that is associated with helping people, healing them, giving out cheerful vibes, it will leave that mark to the world. As Resonance increases, the marks become more visible and obvious to people. However, this does not bind only to people. It binds to places as well. An old house that has rumors that it is haunted will give those vibes and marks of Resonance as well. Same goes for a concert, it will show vibes of fun and joy. There are also different types of Resonance and each reflects the person or place different from the world.

6. What is the Paradox? Why does it exist? The Paradox is when two realities coexist with each other. The paradox punishes those who try to change the consensus a little too much. And if you mess up, you are hit with the force of paradox, where the mage is hit with bashing/lethal or even aggravated power as punishment for trying to change his reality a little too much. This is the reason why mages aren't shown to the "sleepers". They have the paradox which blocks them from taking over the world. The amount of paradox a mage has would depend on how this mage takes his approach to doing magick and how wisely he uses it. It is the mage's biggest enemy or at least one of the biggest. It should not be played with, control the world reasonably! The consensus changed over the years. In ancient time, mages could probably shapeshift or do something similar, and Paradox would be stuck in their pattern. Also, there is the Paradox Realm, where Paradox Spirits bring mages who are the most vulgar, to teach them a lesson so they don't destroy the Consensus.

7. What do you believe a Mage's purpose in the world is?If you are a Nephandi, you would see your purpose as DESTROY the world, because why not. If you are a traditionalist, you wish world peace, unifying users of magic under a common banner to protect reality against the growing disbelief of the modern world, the domination of the Technocracy, and the crazy minds of the Marauders and the Nephandi. If you are a Technocrat you want to employ a world-wide conspiracy of the technology paradigm.

Disparates for an example have their own goals that are not connected to the war. Orphans are a very good example, they follow their own magick and ideas, not caring about the Ascension War, and focusing to finish their bucket list. Or Templars, who are dedicated to faith in God, they think that it is not a war for Ascension that mages should fight for, but the war of the Apocalypse.

Moral of the story, everyone has their own purpose in this magickal world.

8. What would a Mage's hobbies be? Justify your answer. (150 words min) This has a similar answer to Mage's Purpose. It depends on their interest, personalities, and faction. If a mage likes to read books, he may search for some forbidden books, maybe some that were thought to have been lost or search for magickal scrolls and other stuff. Some may be like to use their powers as a hobby. This may be problematic if they use vulgar magick to practice a little too much, but it could be a hobby. Maybe some mages loved some hobbies before they awoken, but now they do not or don't have time for them. For an example going to the gym, and now they don't have the time for the gym, so they adapted and found new magickal hobbies and interests.

Perhaps some mages love to do martial arts and meditation, maybe even boxing or any art of fighting and cheating a bit with coincidental magic, so they may do that. It all depends on the personality, interests, and faction. Maybe someone's hobby is to prove worthy to their faction, trying to accomplish the goal which his faction seeks. It all comes down to their interests and faction. They are allowed to finish their own quests, but if they somehow cross the barrier and break the rules of the faction, that may be a problem.

9. Are Mages fighters or scholars? Why do you think so? (250 words justification) Once again it differentiates on who you ask, what their affiliation, personality, interests, faction and avatar essence is. A nephandi would pursue to be a fighter since they seek nothing but destroying the reality we live in. You could put in both, it doesn't mean you have to be JUST a fighter or be JUST a scholar. You could put in a mixture of both if you find passion in both. A fighter might find passion in seeking old scrolls and books about famous fighters of the old times. He might find passion in reading fighting techniques or techniques of using magick. There could be the complete opposite. A scholar who has read a lot about magick and the uses of it might want to try it out himself. He might want to experience what the books say you are able to experience, and there is nothing wrong with that. He will need to learn how to protect himself at some point. But it all comes down to mixing both arts, scholarship, and fighting. A fighter will need to read something new about fighting at some point, or something not related to fighting at all. A scholar will need to learn how to fight, to use magick to harm someone or protect himself. It all has to come to the mixture of both at some point, sooner or later.

Character Developement:
Name: Dante Ainsworth
Starting Arete Rating: 2.
Affinity Sphere: Prime.
Starting Spheres (You may allocate up to Arete Ratingx2 dots at character creation): Matter 2 and Prime 2.
Paradigm: Tech Holds all Answers.
Practices: Weird Science and Craftwork.
Affiliation (Tradition, Technocratic Convention, Craft, Nephandi/Marauder): The Traditions, Sons of Ether.
Instruments (minimum 7 Instruments)**: Geometry, Devices and Machines, Inventions, Elements, Gems, Formulae, Gadgets, Household Tools, Numerology.

Character Story: (Min. 1000 words) I look at the dusty old book that my boss just threw on the table. From observation, I can see that it hasn’t been recently bought. I take it in my hands, as I feel the dust slowly covering over my fingertips, creating a perfect circle over them. Perhaps the diameter of the circle would be around 0.7 centimeters, maybe 0.8 centimeters, and combine that with a few bacteria and microorganisms all over the dust. Wait... Why am I even thinking about this? Anyways, I take the book in my hands, slowly rotating it on its Y axis, observing both the back and front side. On the front, it says “Book of Ether, by Aretus”, on the lower side to the left I see “Translated from Kitab Al-Alacir in 1957”, and to the right lower side “English Version”. The backside is blank, nothing but dust and microorganisms.

“You’ve shown great effort in the lab in the last few months Dante, and I’ve heard a little rumor from your colleagues that you are questioning on how the Universe functions, that you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, so I give you this magnificent book that will make your mind explode with new perceptions of the world”, said my boss right after he threw the book on the table.

I look down to my dirty lab uniform, thinking to myself “Which one of these fuckers spread rumors about my interests?”. I put a fake vague smile on my face glaring back at the boss and I thank him for giving me this scroll of knowledge, and that I shall read it whenever I can.
“I’m glad to be working for you in TTOE. Corporation sir, but when will I find out what TTOE. stands for?”, I ask him.
He puts a vague smile as he tells me that once I read the book, I’ll understand what it means.
The urge to find out the true meaning of the Corporation I work for made me more excited to read the book than the book itself. So I took the book and put it into one of the large pockets I have on my lab coat. Dusting it off beforehand, of course. I get back to work, solving a few math tasks and printing out some blueprints for machines, for what our architects have been working hard on. I got home exhausted from work, I decided that I should check out the book boss gave me, to see what it has to offer. I open the book and I slowly start reading it. I begin to see what the dialogue between Aretus and the King of Troy is pointing at. “Hmmm... okay... That’s the symbol for science. Hmm… okay… That’s the symbol for cosmology. Hmmm… This Aretus guy really knows what he is talking about. But… What is this? What is this Ether he talks of. It is never mentioned in science. It is never mentioned in any kind of book, except this one. He keeps saying that this “Ether” exists and that it is a subtle universal element. Oh wait! The dominant metaphor is that of war, it must be that. The Wall of Troy represents the boundaries of one's perspective, while the Trojan Horse is a symbol of the lies which may be brought into one's worldview unanalyzed just because they come cloaked in a form that confirms our preconceptions. Wait.. Holy shit!? Wait wait wait… this cannot be possible. This cannot be fucking possible. It… it all makes sense. The big bang, physics, chemistry, maths, relativity, black holes, quantum theory, the BEGINNING OF LIFE! It all fits!! It’s all connected. It is all ETHER! The fifth element of the universe. The invisible matter that I’m now able to sense. The thing that keeps the world moving. Energies of Ether created the big bang. Gravity and forces is all about energetic physics powered with ETHER. All about ETHER! It’s all connected!! It is… all… connected!”

That up there was me spending a whole night reading Kitab Al-Alacir. That up there was me… realizing what the world is all about. That up there… Was my awakening. The “Aha!” moment they call it. The moment where you realize the truth, where your perception and mind expand out of the box. When I got the “Aha!” moment, I couldn’t fall asleep. I took a notebook writing all the shit down and connecting it. Everything fit, every theory could be supported by the existence of Ether covering it up. I was realizing the truth, I was uncovering the blindfold that was on my face for so long. Eventually after hours of countless formulae, countless writings, countless numbers, I suddenly got a huge rush of melatonin. I heard a voice in my head for a second, “Sleep Dante, sleep”, I thought I was going insane, but I assumed it was me dreamy from that rush. But that cannot be possible, I am not in REM Sleep Phase. I left the pen and the notebook on the desk, hammering myself to the bed, and as I closed my eyes, I fell asleep. I woke up in an unfamiliar lab. Still quite feeling excited cause I’ve uncovered the secret of the universe, I look around as I see an unfamiliar woman in front of me. She is wearing a lab coat, has glasses and is a brunette.
“Do I sound familiar?”, she says.
I get shocked as I realize that she is the one that I heard before I hammered myself to the bed.
“I do know that you feel like you uncovered the world’s biggest secret, but that is not quite accomplished yet”
“You need to chase to touch True Ether. You need to make contact with it.”
“I want you to talk to your boss tomorrow Dante, show him the notebook you just wrote into before you fell asleep, and he might unravel some more information to you, good luck”.
I try to say something, but I feel like I cannot open my mouth. I start to panic and wake up. The moment I woke up, I felt like my life depended on sharing my new findings and experiences with my fellow scientific colleagues.
“Boss! BOSS!! You know how we all feel like something is missing in every science, well it’s true what Aretus said, that missing part is ET-..”, I do not get to end my sentence, my boss interrupts me with his own.
“That was why I gave you the book, tell me how do you feel, any new senses, perceptions?”, he asks me.
I tell him that I feel enlightened, that I have a new sense of piecing machines together, a new sense of how they would look like, a new sense of machines, I can literally feel them and see if they would work or not even before they are created.
“Looks like it is time to tell you the real purpose of our corporation, TTOE stands for The Technology of Ether, we’ve been waiting for someone like you to click and realize that Kitab al-Alacir is not just mere fiction, it is the true meaning of life. You’ve been promoted my friend, with the new perception of the world, you shall now work in Section E, instead of Section C. Section E is where all the Etherists are. Consider yourself now a “Son of Ether”, Welcome to the real world of Science.

In there I worked for around 4 years until I was 33. During the time I’ve met so many people, with such great ideas and gadgets, that they’ve inspired me to make my own blueprints and craft my own inventions. In Section E, of the TTOE. Headquarters in Las Venturas is where work was not really required for the company, it was a place where you make your own ideas come true. It is where I bring science to a much bigger level, it’s where I made lots of new inventions and learned so many ideas and combinations to create powerful gadgets. Force and Magnetic pulses and fields were the main thing I operated on, made inventions of and with the help of many people, I succeeded. All with the combination of the invisible fifth element, Ether. One cannot make these inventions unless he truly realizes that Ether exists like I did. With normal sciences and numerology, none of the inventions would work. But, if you put the main essence into it, which you have to know of in the first place, everything MUST work. But after 4 years of work, I’ve learned so many ideas, solved so many tasks, wrote out so many numbers and printed so many blueprints. During the time of my work there I've also built lots of inventions with my fellow colleagues, as a group assignment. Those inventions ranged out from many functions, such as infusing items with Ether by tinkering with the cosmos during craftwork. The main source of power was either the other 4 elements or some sort of rare gems. With that, I've learned that I can infuse Ether into many things, giving them power and making them... Well basically working. I also have this perception of machines and inventions  thanks to all the numerology and geometry I know of. I can imagine them in my head, whether they would work or not, and with that perception, I can feel what should be fixed, by seeing what their flaw is and what material should be used. Many Etherists have this mindset where they can feel whether a machine would work or not, what to fix about it and what to start with in the first place. And with those perceptions, later on, comes the learning of manipulation of matter using inventions and wonders. I could give an example, one of my colleagues made a really unique invention. It is called an "Elemental Box". You put in for an example water, and you press the green button on the box and it turns into earth. Crazy, right? That invention made me realize that I could create something similar as well, that I could manipulate Matter using my inventions and their craftwork to reach that potential. Well after learning all of these things I think I was ready to take the Adventurer path and become a loner. I’ve decided to quit my job and work full-time on myself and my own ideas. I do still feel grateful towards the scientists that taught me everything. I bought a house in Red County and that is where my lone adventure begins!

Out of Character:

1. Can you use any power in public? You could use any power, nothing stops you. But you will have consequences if you do vulgar magick, or botch a coincidental effect. You would expose yourself to the sleepers around you, which would be bad. Mages should stick to the Umbra, or chantries if they wish to use high vulgar magick all the time just for the pleasure. Coincidental may pass as... well... as the word says, coincidental, so it is fine to use that in public, but there is a risk of course of getting exposed that way as well. A mage must be wise when and how to use his powers.

2. When and where is it safe to use your powers? (100 words min.) It depends on what magick it is used, and how it is used. Coincidental magick for an example can be used practically anywhere, but there is a little risk of miserably failing, which could cause slight trouble. But, there might be someone willing to risk getting paradox and using vulgar magick in public. For whatever his reason is, he will probably use vulgar magick without any sleepers around.

Using it in front of sleepers, however, or where sleepers can notice, is a big risk for any mage to take. He would take a lot of paradox along the way, and also he'd have to deal with the sleepers who saw him. There are also Sanctums which are a perfect place for mages, they can use magick there safely and every use of magick is considered as coincidental, as long as it is inside its territory.

3. What would drive a mage into using his powers? Justify your answer. (200 words min) Anything that brings them closer to ascension, descension or finishing their goals. Yet again it depends on their personality and interests. Maybe some mages will be driven to use it because someone is in danger. Maybe some will use it to take vicious revenge because they did something wrong to the mage. Perhaps some will even kill in self-defense using their powers. Or maybe even kill because they are bored, most likely a Nephandi would do that if it were to be done by a mage. Some mages might even just practice and experiment with their spheres to become stronger if they find out something new anyways. Or they may practice and experiment to become more acknowledged. It all varies from mage to mage. It depends on the religion they believe in, or what faction they belong to. If you were to ask a Technocrat and a Traditionalist what drives them to use their powers, most likely the answer won't be the same, because they have different goals. A Buddhist and an atheist won't have same answers as well. The Buddhist may say the path to ascension and meditation drives him to do his magick. While an atheist may have some other answers.

4. Why is it important for a Mage to keep his secret unrevealed? (100 words min.) Becuase there is a possibility that you will be revealed to a mad scientist. Or even government scientist. They are highly likely to do experiments on you, to test and see how you are able to shape the reality around you. They would try to seek this answer out of you no matter what, even if you don't tell them yourself. They would seek the source of your power. The awakening is something that happens spontaneously, not something you force into someone. If you cannot open someone's eyes, so they can see the REAL reality, just don't! Maybe they are meant to be sleepers. Mages shouldn't mess with the magick and the awakening, it should stay spontaneous.

5. What would you do if someone found out about your secret? (Min 100 words) If I were to meet someone who found out about my powers, I would need to find someone to erase his memories. Perhaps some mage with the Mind sphere, or maybe, if I'm in an okay relationship with the kindred of the town, maybe I'll find some kindred to erase the sleeper's memory. If I couldn't do these things fast, I think the only solution would be to kill the poor sleeper, since I see that as the only way, If I'm not able to erase or edit his memories myself or find someone to do it. But I would try not to get into this situation, at least try to lie through it. Make it seem coincidental.

6. What are the factions in the world of Mage: The Ascension? What role do they have in the Mage society? The Council Of Nine Mystick Traditions, or Traditionalists for short, is a faction where player characters are supposed to join. They seek to restore humanity's faith in the fantastic and give them unlimited possibilities. Their purpose is to unify users of magic under a common banner to protect reality (particularly those parts of reality that are magical) against the growing disbelief of the modern world, the spreading dominance of the Technocracy, and the predations of unstable mages such as Marauders and Nephandi.

The Technocratic Union is the largest, most powerful faction. They seek to provide humanity with a safe world, free of unpredictable and dangerous "reality deviations" using technologies. Their purpose is to control reality and protect the sleepers from magickal influences.

The Marauders are not a coherent group. They are mages fallen so deeply into Quiet that they have transcended Paradox - reality is defined by the Marauder rather than by the Consensus. No one knows their purpose, but the real world is translated into their fractured version by a constant, subconscious use of vulgar magick.

The Nephandi, also not a coherent group, seek to destroy reality altogether in order to make way for a new creation. Their purpose is to bring the world to ashes and create a new one, that is perfect.

The Disparate, they have no interests in the Ascension war, and they seek their own goals. Their purpose is their own, they do what they like, they accomplish what they want to accomplish.

7. Present the reason for why the Ascension War took place. (Min 300 words) It all started because of different opinions on the consensus, reality and basically everything else.

Each faction seeks their own power, to bring out their own ideas, ways, and realities. But this isn't the only reason why the war exists. They also know how powerful they are, and how powerful they can grow. They are scared of each other. And being scared applies self-defense. If they don't attack first, they will be attacked. So that is why they formed groups that eventually grew and grew into the factions we know of today. These factions make them feel safe with the people who think similar to them, who feel empathetic towards them and wish to help each other succeed in their goals.

The Traditions: The alliance who wishes to put people who use magick under a common banner to protect reality against the growing disbelief of the modern world, the spreading dominance of the Technocracy, and the predations of unstable mages such as Marauders and Nephandi.

The Technocracy: Not as different from the Traditions, they want to have control of the sleepers and to make their ideas the "real" ideas. It's just that they believe magick is in science, inventions, and technology. We can see why they have these beliefs since there is no proof that magick is real. They are the ones who most progressed in the Ascension War, they are the highest in the number of members and if the war comes to an end, the highest probability is that they will be the victor.

The Nephandi: They seek nothing but the destruction of the reality we believe in, I don't see what other goals they might have.

The Marauders: They are mages who went insane from the paradox and whose Avatars have been warped by their mental instability, and who exist in a state of permanent Quiet. I don't see how they affect the Ascension War other than being the enemies of all the other factions, because they expose the mage world to the public with their insanity and carelessness.

The Disparates: The ones who do not wish interference in the war, they remain neutral and stick out of trouble.

Player Information:

1. For how long have you been playing on Vampires, Werewolves and Humans roleplay? 8 months.

2. Make a list of your current and past characters. Ognjen Smith [Ghoul]
Johnny_Gamble [Vampire, Malkavian]
Raymond_Moore [Vampire, Gargoyle]
Ron_Southwark [Mage, Orphan]
Robby_Smith [Vampire, Brujah]
Enzo_Ducheski [Revenant]

3. Do you understand that you can be CK'd or race-changed at any time? Yes, I understand.

4. Post a screenshot (embedded with code, no links) of your admin record and activity (include each personal account): https://imgur.com/a/lBpVqCG
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:04:35 PM by ognjenlo »

Dante_Ainsworth

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • benchod number 1
Re: Dante Ainsworth | Arete 2 | Avatar Rating 2 | Sons of Ether
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:08:59 PM »
didnt we talk about picking sons of ether

Offline ognjenlo

• Mage/Vamp
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:11:46 PM »
didnt we talk about picking sons of ether

You denied me cause of my answers and story that time.

And Virtual Adepts still need to apply for gadgets and such, and I see them getting accepted/being IG.

Dante_Ainsworth

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • benchod number 1
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »
what chars do you plan to be active on?
i see you applying here and there lately

Offline ognjenlo

• Mage/Vamp
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
I was active on Ron_Southwark the most. (And last month on Johnny Gamble as well)

If I were to get this char, I would NC+RC Ron_Southwark into this one and be active on him.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:34:49 PM by ognjenlo »

Dante_Ainsworth

Offline Iron

• Trial Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »
Paradox question feels slightly empty (missing something there, have a look at it).

Affinity Sphere: Matter.
Starting Spheres (You may allocate up to Arete Ratingx2 dots at character creation): Matter 2 and Forces 2.
Your story revolves around a major part of the 5th element, which is usually considered Prime. Making your sphere choice kind of strange.

Practices: Weird Science.
Pick two.

Affiliation (Tradition, Technocratic Convention, Craft, Nephandi/Marauder): The Traditions.

Fix this. Add your tradition.

What are the factions in the world of Mage: The Ascension? What role do they have in the Mage society?
You didn't answer that part.

You point out that VA are an expensive tradition, did you know that Sons of Ether also work with machines? And that too also needs some other expenses?

Anyway fix your stuff (in the story I'd add abit more about learning your spheres because that is lacking, and so is your paradigm, don't see it playing through there at all).
If I seem unresponsive just keep messaging me.

Offline ognjenlo

• Mage/Vamp
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 06:12:27 PM »
Paradox question feels slightly empty (missing something there, have a look at it).

Affinity Sphere: Matter.
Starting Spheres (You may allocate up to Arete Ratingx2 dots at character creation): Matter 2 and Forces 2.
Your story revolves around a major part of the 5th element, which is usually considered Prime. Making your sphere choice kind of strange.

Practices: Weird Science.
Pick two.

Affiliation (Tradition, Technocratic Convention, Craft, Nephandi/Marauder): The Traditions.

Fix this. Add your tradition.

What are the factions in the world of Mage: The Ascension? What role do they have in the Mage society?
You didn't answer that part.

You point out that VA are an expensive tradition, did you know that Sons of Ether also work with machines? And that too also needs some other expenses?

Anyway fix your stuff (in the story I'd add abit more about learning your spheres because that is lacking, and so is your paradigm, don't see it playing through there at all).

I'll be fixing all of those soon, and I'll post a new reply when I'm done.

As for what I said for VAs, I know they are expensive as much as Etherists. I never said Etherists are cheap. It is something between me and Diplo, and if I could summarize what I wanted to say it would be more like "If there are VAs running around, why not give me a chance". As I said, it's more between me and Diplo.

Dante_Ainsworth

Offline ognjenlo

• Mage/Vamp
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 06:59:28 PM »
Alright edited the answers.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:53:31 PM by ognjenlo »

Dante_Ainsworth

Offline ognjenlo

• Mage/Vamp
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »

During the time of my work there I've also built lots of inventions with my fellow colleagues, as a group assignment. Those inventions ranged out from many functions, such as infusing items with Ether during craftwork. The main source of power was either the other 4 elements or some sort of rare gems. With that, I've learned that I can infuse Ether into many things, giving them power and making them... Well basically working. I also have this perception of machines and inventions thanks to all the numerology and geometry I know of. I can imagine them in my head, whether they would work or not, and with that perception, I can feel what should be fixed, by seeing what their flaw is and what material should be used. Many Etherists have this mindset where they can feel whether a machine would work or not, what to fix about it and what to start with in the first place. And with those perceptions, later on, comes the learning of manipulation of matter using inventions and wonders. I could give an example, one of my colleagues made a really unique invention. It is called an "Elemental Box". You put in for an example water, and you press the green button on the box and it turns into earth. Crazy, right? That invention made me realize that I could create something similar as well, that I could manipulate Matter using my inventions and their craftwork to reach that potential.

Here, in my story, I mentioned my paradigm, how he is connected to the inventions he creates, and that Technology is the main thing that can keep us going. I've also mentioned the spheres I have, how I learned them, and how I saw others use them as well.

I've changed my affinity to Prime because the story fits more for Prime, Iron was right.

Sorry for replying so much. (times in a row)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:01:02 PM by ognjenlo »

Dante_Ainsworth

Offline Iron

• Trial Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 10:23:22 PM »
Well it looks ok to me now.

I'd like Shadow or Diplo's final say in this one.
If I seem unresponsive just keep messaging me.

Offline diplo

• pokemon master
  • benchod number 1
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 06:56:01 AM »
the awakening is poor
the story is okay-ish

the answers are alright
you put in more nephandi references than SOE and in the end you started copynpasta
you’ve taken direct quotes from places and that’s not encouraged

accepted either way because of constant effects and definite improvements
SOE isn’t going to be easy but if you scrap this i’ll ban you from applying for the race