Author Topic: Claw of the Stony Hill  (Read 712 times)

Offline mr.rza

• Northern Garou King
Claw of the Stony Hill
« on: July 02, 2018, 11:03:44 AM »
Claw of the Stony Hill

Prologue

It was a calm night of Summer, to be exact it was the end of summer, the festival of Lughnassa. The members of the pack gather by the strong fire and take a seat by it, in the following minutes the Galliard of the tribe, an old Garou shows up knowing it’s his time to tell a story this year.
The silence of the afternoon was cut by the talks of the pack members, waiting for the Galliard of the tribe to start his story, the Galliard lifts his hand up and all the Garou become silent, looking at him as he takes a seat down on a log.
             “Let me tell ye’ a story lads… a story of a simple Garou, I bet you know him, but do you know things about him? I guess not… so let me start with the beginning, his first change….” The Galliard looks up to the stars then back at them, telling his story.

Chapter One – Secrets Revealed

It was a bright night, the moon was gloriously shining up on the sky, hiding not behind the few clouds up on the sky, a young man was going down the road towards the center of the small town. It was such a silent night, only the wolves howling from the stony hill could be heard, the howls of the wolves were making the young man feel safe in the night, out in the moonlight.
        The young man was heading for bar to meet his friends, just a dark alley separates him from his destination, the alley was so dark, it rarely feels the touch of Luna, maybe once in a month… when the moon is full on the sky.
        He walked half the long narrow alley already, he could feel something was not right, like something was watching him, he walked out into the lightened part of the alley, where the moon is present, but something could be heard from the darkness…
        “Doggy, doggy… staying in the darkness is a bad move dog… especially for a weak Lupine as you.” Saying that a pale person walks out of the darkness with a knife his his hand, it was a
That creepy moment scared the poor young man so hard that he jumped jumped forward and tripped. He fell on his butt, looking at the guy with the knife above him. It was such a creepy moment, the kinfolk froze, he couldn’t do anything, just watch.
       “Tell me now, if you want to leave, where is your Caern?! ANSWER THE QUESTION Lupine!”
The young man was trying to crawl away, but all in vein, that person grabs him by his collar and lifts him up to the face.
       “Running away kid? I though your race has courage and honor, well, I was wrong. Now tell me, WHERE IS YOUR CAERN?!” He shouts out again, no one could hear that, only the darkness.
        “I… don’t know what you’re talking about, let me go, please! I’ll do anything!”
        He squeezes his neck a little then speaks to him in an aggressive and ordering tone.
       “TELL ME WHERE YOUR CAERN IS!”
       The boy struggles to free himself from the tight  grip of the man, but he wasn’t able to, he was way too strong to be overpowered, all the boy could do is to let him do whatever he wants.
       “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
       The man lifts him above the shoulder ready to throw him to the wall with force, “Well, maybe that will refresh your memory weakling!”. He throws him to the wall with some strength. The boy hits the wall and he falls down to the ground, struggling to get away.  The man again tries to grab him, but something is happening with the boy, he started to change physically, his body’s shape slowly begun to change, fur grew all over his body and claws replaced nails. That guy was too late already, the transformation was a success. A white wolf raised from the ground and looks towards him with anger in it’s eyes.
          “New clothing huh? Well that doesn’t matter already! You’re a dead man!” the vampire focuses his blood power into a discipline, changing the shape of his nails to claws. “Now it’s time for you to die!”. Both of them charge to eachother ready to deal the first hit, both having almost the same speed!
          The first one to hit was the vampire, as the wolf jumped up into the air he scratched wolf’s chest and kicked it away before it would touch him. The wolf was down, crying in pain, awaiting for the vampire to finish the job. The only thing the wolf would do was to howl, hoping someone will come in his aid.
His hope came true, hearing another howl close enough to the place he was, the vampire didn’t noticed, it just proceeded for the small wolf who was on the ground, crying in pain, “It’s time to finish this you fucking shit!”. But by the moment he came close to the small wolf something big grabbed him and threw him down to the ground, he was dead, the Crinos ripped the head off the shoulder of the vampire and it became ashes. I think you remember Forest Runner, the packleader of the Protectors of the Stony Hill in Ireland.
        “Come child, I need you to go back to your Homid form, we need to discuss..” Forest Runner said as soon as he shifted back to his Homid.
       The boy focused his gnosis as soon as he calmed down, he went back Homid in a few seconds. The boy returns to reality and seems agitated by the presence of Forest Runner, I believe he was still in shock after the leech, but who knows?
       “I want you to calm down and listen to me, I am not going to hurt you, I am here to help.”
       He just nods, acknowledging he’s safe then he looks back at him..
       “I have many to tell you, but first I want you to tell me what did that guy wanted from you…”
       He sighs and answers the question… “He asked me something about a place or thing called Caern, he asked me where is it…”
       “I understand, now follow me, it’ll be a long road to the place called Caern, I’ve got many things to explain you on the road.”
       “What about my family? What about my dad, brother and sister?”
       “Don’t you worry, they’ll be there, I assure you that.” He  starts walking uphill, followed by the boy, on the road he explained him everything about the garou nation and the tribe, now he knows some of the things happening, but he knows everything?

Chapter Two – The Life in a Sept

Doughlas and Forest Runner finally reached their destination, the Stony Hill, the place of the Stony Hill Sept, they are the protectors of the Caern there, The Caern of Luna’s Sky Glory, ya’all know that Caern lads.
          Reaching the middle of the hill they see a beautiful plateau, flowers of the wilderness all over the place, two small packs of wolves were standing infront of a man with animalistic signs, such as fur, claws and fangs, he was instructing them for the patrol.
          On his left there was the highest part of the hill, 200 meters to climb again, but no one was going to climb anymore, so they keep walking.
         The two lads approach the man, Forest Runner bows his head in sign of respect towards his Elder and Doughlas does that aswell, then Forest Runner says “Greetings my Elder”. The Elder, Garen Macarthur nods towards them and then says “That is yer mission lads, now go, be back later..”.
         The packs take different directions and charge away, in an Indian row. As soon as they’re gone the Elder looks at Doughlas for a brief time then turns towards Forest Runner, thinks a second then says… “So, dis is the new lad, huh?”.
        Forest Runner nods and then says “Yes, he’s the lad ma Elder, I just saved him from a leech.”
        “I see… “ He turns towards Doughlas, “Greetings lad, I am Stone Claw, Great Elder of the sept.” I suppose you’re Doughlas, am I right lad?”
       Doughlas nods and answers his question “Yes my Elder, I am Doughlas…”
      “Good lad, now let me think… I doubt ye’ know my son, he was in that pack of four persons that was standing infront of me. As soon as they’re back I will assign ye’ to the pack. But now, lets go up on the hill, a party awaits us lad! The festival of Belten!” He starts climbing the hill up to the top of it, where the Caern is.
       After a hour of climbing they reach the top, at the top they see dozens bottles of beer, lots of food, a few flasks of scotch and many other strong drinks.
By the evening the party started, Garou gather at the fire, they drink, dance, some duel, that is the festival of Beltane, Forest Runner hands Doughlas a flask of whiskey and nods, “Here lad’, have a sip, show us if you’re a real Fianna material.”
     “But I am just a child…” He looks with an innocent look in his eyes towards him.
     “You’re right in this aspect, you’re a Child of Gaia, yet a Child of Stag, a Fianna… c’mon lad’, you’ll like it!”
      Doughlas grabs the flask and takes a short sip then hands it back, cleaning his throat.
    “Was it good lad?”
     Doughlas nods without making any sound then grabs another chicken wing.
     Time passed and the festival was near the end, it was time for the main event of the festival, the duel for the leadership of the sept. Stone Claw proceeds for the middle of the group then goes to his Glabro, grabbing his Klaive from the belt, awaiting for his adversary to show up for the duel. His foe was a tall man, late teens by the look, he was holding a spear in both his hands, he was carrying the animalistic aspects of the Glabro form.
     The few Garou next to the fire beat the drums as the duel begin, Stone Claw just dashes ahead, reckless, the teen just raises the spear forward to defend himself, Stone claw dashes to a direction and grabs the spear, breaking it in two, throwing the sharp part away and tucking his klaive. Then he backs off a little.
     Stone Claw releases a growl followed by his voice in an aggressive tone “C’MON LAD! STRIKE! I WANT TO SEE YE’ ATTACK!”
     The boy rushes ahead with both the hands awaiting, and they clash, they punch, they kick and push… they fight for one reason, the leadership of the sept of the Stony Hill.
The end of the battle has came, the ring was a pool of blood, the teen was laying unconscious on the ground, Stone Claw had the honor to let him live, he returns for the group of Garou and takes a seat by the fire, it looks like this lad had some strength, but is he that strong?

Chapter Three – The Rite of Passage

“Rise now, Doughlas, we need to talk…” Garen addresses Doughlas with a serious look on his face…
“It’s time for you to accomplish the very Rite of Passage, I, my ancestors and your ancestors have went through for generations to come, the rite your children and my children will go through eventually… but now it is your time..”
      “Yes… my Elder.. I’ll do my best to pass it… but what do I have to do?”
      “You won’t be doing this on your own indeed… but lets brief ye’ in, a’ight? There’s a rampaging group of three black spiral dancers wandering our lands, by their way of fighting and by the damage they’ve left they clearly are cubs, just like you, unaware of how to fight… atleast you are aware of how to, given our training with ya’… do you think are you ready?”
     “Aye’, where are we headed?”
     “Go to the top of the hill, the strongest point of our Caern, and it’s spiritual center, there you’ll meet your pack, and be granted the powers necessary for this fight.”
      Doughlas nods and runs there, without looking back, eager to see his pack ready for the quest, upon his arrival he finds four Garou, lined up by the fire, surrounded by the eldest of the Garou of the Stony Sept, he takes a seat by the fire next to his kin, gazing up at Garen arriving, wielding an axe, he throws the axe into the ground, and looks at the cubs.
    “So… cubs, your time for the Rite of Passage has arrived, will you survive, or perish? It is only for you to find out, but I am sure you will come back victorious, tales will be told of your deeds one day, the day you become Elders, maybe even Legends! May the Stag, Gaia and Wyld grant you strenght in the battle to come.” He nods to the couple of Galliards to his left, as they release a loud and encouraging howl, giving the cubs a strenght in their heart, feeling more confident about their quest, they were howling the Call of the Wyld, the howl taught through the wolf spirit from generation to generation of young Garou, now they’ve felt its’ power, they raise to their feet and look at Garen for a second before they embark on their journey.
     Time has passed, after half an hour of walking the hills of Letterkenny they look down to a ravine where they see two individuals wandering the lands, angry, they were heading for the Stony Sept, the Theurge of the group, Fiona bends down in order to read their auras, concentrating on their presence, they were indeed tainted, not by body, but soul too, they were full of taint. It was already night so the Garou on the cliff were covered by darkness… so Doughlas raises his hand at one of the bushes nearby as they hide in the bushes nearby, he conjures a ball of light above the bush, strong enough to be seen from afar.
        Seeing the very light created by Doughlas the two Wyrm Howlers shapeshift to their war forms immediately, leaping uphill towards the strong light. Reaching the light it began to float around them at an unbelivable speed, making the Wyrm Howlers lose their focus as the group of five Garou leap out of their hideouts, striking the Wyrm Howlers in their moment of vulnerability, Doughlas was on his own with one of them, he sends his claw towards the Howlers’ chest, in order to put him to the ground with one hit, but it barely scratched him, giving him time to shove Doughlas to the ground with one hit.
        Seeing that Doughlas opens his eyes, “Is that it? My death?” he thinks before he quickly raises to his feet… “No.” then he leaps to his target with an accurate bite directed for his neck, the sharp fangs reach the spine of the Howler, putting him to sleep almost instantly.
Doughlas takes a moment to breathe then he looks at the others, sitting on the body of the Howler.
     “You done boy?” Fiona chuckles.
     “Aye’, I’m done, let’s head home, shall we?”
     “Yes yes…”
      And here they are, once again in front of their Elder, Garen, with a confident look in their eyes.
     “Congratulations… lads’… you did it and no longer are cubs… from now on you’re full grown… you are Cliath! Now… Doughlas, you are a Galliard, right? We want to hear the story!”
      The Elder sits by the fire along with his other kin, they were are turning their attention at Doughlas… he looks for a couple of seconds at them taking a breathe and looking to the stars, and back at them..
    “So this is how all began, us… running up the hills, leaping down trees… for our goal….”

Chapter Four - Call of the Wyld

It’s been a few days of rest for Doughlas after the Rite of Passage, the very battle against the two Black Spiral Dancers drained him from his energy as he’s been fighting one of them all by himself, he finally walks out of his house, walking uphill towards the Stony Sept.
        Upon his arrival Doughlas cracks a smile at each member of the pack he’s been with during the Rite of Passage then continues his road towards the center of the Caern where the Elders await him for a quest. As he passes by each of the members of the Sept they congratulate him for his deed of finally becoming one of the full grown Garou, he smiles at them and heads on towards the gathering, where three of the Elders and one Fostern await.
       “Doughlas… please, sit beside the fire, lad’, thank you for showing up at our call.” The Ritemaster looks at him waving his hand at him with a smile on his face.
       “It is my pleasure, Ritemaster, always here to help y’know.” He says as he takes a seat on the bench next to the fire, gazing upon the three elders and the Fostern next to him.
       “So… I’ve called you as this is a bit of a challenge for you… and this shaman of our Sept, problem is that we’ve received many reports from the spirit lands saying that there’s a situation regarding the minions of Wyrm within the forests around, it’s said that the leader of the Black Spiral Dancers in this area is located there, no one knows what he’s capable of so that’s why I ain’t sending you alone, instead I’m sending one of my protégé’s with you on this one, this is Ethan Boinne, one of my best shamans around, he knows the Penumbra surrounding this hill like his own palm…”
      “It’s a pleasure to finally meet ye’, Doughlas, I hope we’ll cooperate  well against this threat towards the very nature of our lands.” He raises his hand at Doughlas, giving him a firm handshake
      “Like wise, lad’.” Without hesitating Doughlas grabs his hand, accepting the handshake, looking into his eyes then back at the Elders.
      “Now… problem is we can’t find the whereabouts of this Wyrm Howler, so you’ll have to talk to the spirits surrounding the woods for their guidance, I’m sure they’ll be more than eager to help ye’… eitherway, it’s time I’ll let you go, we need to preare for the coming festival of Samhain, good luck fellas.” The Ritemaster departs along with the other Theurges, walking downhill where the other Garou are.
      “Let us go now, Doughlas, let’s not waste time, the more we waste time, the more he will taint our lands.”
      “Aye’..”
       Ethan leaves a mirror down on the ground infront of Doughlas, both of them concentrating on it, Ethan vanishes instantly without concentrating much on it, but Doughlas takes more than thirty seconds to channel his Gnosis, and reach the spirit lands where Ethan awaits him already in his wolf form, scanning the area for blight.
       As they both reach the spirit lands they see the energies surrounding the Caern, waves of primal energy floating all over.
      “Follow me, Doughlas, don’t lose me, or you’ll get lost and maybe won’t return… the lands of spirit are like a maze for those uninitiated in the arts of the spirit.”
Doughlas nods as they both proceed downhill, inside the forest where they see packs of wolves scattered around, in awe, only one large enough is brave to march towards the Garou, greeting them gracefully by bowing his head at them.
      “Greetings to you, brave warriors, I suppose you’ve came here to help us out…”
      “Aye’, oh ye’ honorable spirit of the forests, tell us… what troubles these lands.” Ethan approaches him and speaks in a language unknown to Doughlas, he just gazes at them confused, then he looks at the wolves surrounding them.
      “There is a Wyrm Howler, creating chaos amongst our lands, slaying our kin to take their energies, he is stronger than us, but I am sure you will be the fair deal for him, defeating him so that our lands will finally heal.”
      “Yes… that’s why we are here, great one, we need to know its’ whereabouts, where is this Wyrm Howler creating havoc?”
      “Head towards the heart of the forest, there is an area of blight where that Wyrm Howler resides, do this for us, Garou, help us defeat his threat and we shall reward you however we can, we are desparate! If this threat won’t perish we will all die and these lands will be corrupted by Wyrm.”
      “Don’t you worry, great spirit of the forests, we shall defeat this enemy of our Mother, and protect these lands from damnation.”
      “Thank you a lot, Garou… we shall never forget this… howl if you need our help, we will fight alongside you in the battle to come!”
      “I’ll keep this in mind, great spirit, thank you, let’s go Doughlas, it’s time for us to face this threat.”
“Aye’, Ethan, let’s go for it.”
       After respectfully greeting the spirit of the alpha they both depart towards the heart of the forest, where the Black Spiral Dancer resides, spreading the blight by each passing moment. Upon reaching those lands they notice the desolation in those lands, the tree spirits dying out from the disease the Wyrm Howler has spread amongst their kin, the grass no longer shinning brilliantly like in other parts of the forest, now it’s a barren land, without any spirit but a Wyrm Howler, awaiting them in his war form.
The Wyrm Howler was already prepared for battle, having big antlers growing up from his head, and his skin tough as hell, hard to breach.
      “Gaia… let us win this.” Doughlas raises his snout up to the umbral sky, releasing a howl directed at the moon, howling the Anthem of War as they both dash in, Doughlas in Hispo and Ethan in Crinos, holding a spear in his right hand.
       Ethan throws his spear towards the black spiral dancer, activating one of the Gifts the stag has teached him, mounting the tip of the spear as it catches flight, but the spear is deflected by the tough skin, and Ethan tries to send his claws at the Howler’s head, but the he strikes him with the antlers and throws him towards a tree, bleeding.
      “Do… Doughlas… be careful!”
       Doughlas’ eyes turn red of anger, he controlls himself not to frenzy but not to avoid attacking him, leaping at the neck of the spiral, sending his fangs in it, he barely wounds him, but gives him enough time to back off as the Howler moans in pain, charging at Doughlas with speed, ready to attack him with the antlers.
      “For these lands I shall not lose… not against this!” he charges howling the anthem of war, leaping high into the air, sending his claws at the antlers, cutting them down, both of them rolling forwards upon landing, turning at eachother.
      “Great job, cub, never tough someone as weak as you will be able to fight me this way… now it’s time for you to die.” He leaps up high into the air at Doughlas, but Doughlas doesn’t react in time, standing there awaiting the Howler to strike, but midair the alpha wolf grabs the spiral dancer by his throat, putting him to the ground, giving Doughlas the time to send a claw to his neck, bleeding him to death.
      “Oh… t.. thank you, great spirit..” Doughlas waves his tail at the wolf spirit, the spirit responding to that in the same manner, without speaking as he knows Doughlas doesn’t know the language of spirit.
In the meantime Ethan raises to his feet, approaching the two as he holds his arm down on the bleeding wound as the wolves gather.
      “For this… Garou, we shall never forget this, we’ll heal you friend… and grant this young Garou something that’ll be useful one day, I see he likes howling, I’ll teach him a Howl that’ll help him in the future!
       The wolves concentrate onto Ethan first, transfering their very primal energy, Gnosis, into his body, without draining themselves from it, they heal him up and then the alpha wolf turns at Doughlas…
      “Listen carefully.” Ethan says, “he’s going to teach you something”.
The old spirit, raises his snout up to the sky, releasing an encouraging howl, a strong one that fills both
       Garou and his kin souls with strenght, the energies surrounding begin to float around Doughlas, beginning to howl in the same manner as the old spirit, seeing that the howl enforces his friend, and the surrounding wolves.
     “Thank you again… Garou, now we’ll head out, these lands need to be healed… and it’ll take time… stay safe and may Gaia shine your paths ahead.”
     “Thank you, great spirit.” Ethan and Doughlas bow respectfully at the wolves departing towards the blight, starting to establish their new home there.
     “Let us go, Doughlas, we need to tell the Elders of our success.”
      After a few hours they finally find themselves infront of the Elders, by the campfire, Doughlas sits where he sat last time after the rite of passage, beside the Grand Elder of the Caern and the Ritemaster.
    “So… what story are you going to tell us today, Doughlas?” the Grand Elder pats him on the shoulder cracking a smile barely noticeable through his dense red beard.
    “Aye’… the very quest I and Ethan we’ve been sent on… it all began with us in the spirit lands… seeking the very inhabitants of the woods…”
     And another night passes, and Doughlas tells them another story, people congratulating them for their glorious deeds… but the times of danger have just begun.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:52:08 PM by mr.rza »
Characters list

Fiona Macfionn - Garou
Dan Nagaso - Cainite
Alice Fox - Garou

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Banned!
  • caitiff
Re: Claw of the Stony Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 12:59:22 PM »
very unrealistic, very

Offline virus

• Helper
  • im awakened
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:39:32 PM »
I liked the story even though you missed a few important details regarding his First Change and etcetera but it was nice.

Offline mr.rza

• Northern Garou King
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
very unrealistic, very
Atleast I bother writing.
Characters list

Fiona Macfionn - Garou
Dan Nagaso - Cainite
Alice Fox - Garou

Offline mr.rza

• Northern Garou King
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 05:39:05 PM »
I liked the story even though you missed a few important details regarding his First Change and etcetera but it was nice.
The story is well 2 years old, decided to continue it only recently.
Characters list

Fiona Macfionn - Garou
Dan Nagaso - Cainite
Alice Fox - Garou

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Banned!
  • caitiff
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »
very unrealistic, very
you bother playing on highly inactive server during summer holidays, yet thats not surprising, seeing that you think you're some kind of biker heavy super ultra hardcore rock band.

theres no single word about how u guys go umbra and hide or do ooc alliance with sabbat/anarchs, or "telepathic" communication *cough* skype *cough*

lets admit you have no life

Offline C. White

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »
o shit leon's claws are pretty bright today
Quote from: Jhin
“Art requires a certain cruelty.”
“THERE IS NO DRAMA IN A PEACEFUL DEATH!”
“YOU WILL PERFORM!”

Offline mr.rza

• Northern Garou King
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 11:37:17 PM »
very unrealistic, very
you bother playing on highly inactive server during summer holidays, yet thats not surprising, seeing that you think you're some kind of biker heavy super ultra hardcore rock band.

theres no single word about how u guys go umbra and hide or do ooc alliance with sabbat/anarchs, or "telepathic" communication *cough* skype *cough*

Better start behaving, Leon, I don't have time for your childish attitude.
Characters list

Fiona Macfionn - Garou
Dan Nagaso - Cainite
Alice Fox - Garou

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Banned!
  • caitiff
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:20 AM »
very unrealistic, very

Better start behaving, Leon, I don't have time for your childish attitude.
or what you are gonna tie me to chair and play ur awful ultra hardcore rock music at 120db? thats a big amount of suffering even at normal sound man. or invite your boyband including southern, doberman and flavberg? pff humorous

Offline virus

• Helper
  • im awakened
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 01:20:18 AM »
leon dont you have anything better to do than post on the forums of the "highly inactive server during summer holidays" doe?

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Banned!
  • caitiff
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 02:44:27 AM »
leon dont you have anything better to do than post on the forums of the "highly inactive server during summer holidays" doe?
i want to point out felrow who has been hiding behind obfuscate

Offline mr.rza

• Northern Garou King
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 12:37:21 PM »
Should I point out your childish attitude (oh yes, you're a kid, forgot) hiding behing obfuscate?
Characters list

Fiona Macfionn - Garou
Dan Nagaso - Cainite
Alice Fox - Garou

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • Banned!
  • caitiff
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »
Should I point out your childish attitude (oh yes, you're a kid, forgot) hiding behing obfuscate?
you should do it with auto tune as you do with your ultra hardcore rock songs

Offline virus

• Helper
  • im awakened
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 10:54:41 PM »
leon its not funnz anymore

Offline MrDunkelheit

• Sometimes I dream about cheese.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 11:23:38 PM »
Hey at least he writes something. Leave him alone.

Nice story, though.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:03:05 AM by MrDunkelheit »
"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"