Author Topic: How to apply for Character Related Applications  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Iron

How to apply for Character Related Applications
« on: August 16, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
Hey there,

This guide is for new players and old players who are rejoining. I will show some of the basic applications that would usually fit human character mostly.

First and foremost, the applications you are applying for are based on World Of Darkness Lore Books, meaning that in order to get anything here, you must look for the correct book you want to use. For weapons, it is customary to use the Mage The Ascension 20th Edition as a reference. Without following the books your application will most certainly be denied.

I am only covering the basics of the applications, please go to the links of the formats as there are additional rules and exceptions there. If you are hesitant about anything you can always ask.

Examples will be colored like this: Sample Text
Formats are repetitive, so I will remove as I go down, and just put the "light" on newer lines that are needed.

Attribute, Ability, Virtues (Common Traits)

Link: http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=18379.0

First things first, I advise to have a quick look at these guides before you do anything:

Abilities and Attributes By Bogdan - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=9229.0
Character Sheet Points in a Nutshell by Jack - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=13196.0
All Mage Backgrounds, Merits, Flaws and Secondary Abilities References. by Virus - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=24041.msg219576#new
Getting started. Character creation. by Leon - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=22105.0
Guide For New Comers by Earl_Luciano - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=19927.0
(The last one is essentially like Leon's post but in video format)

All these guides talk about the same attributes and abilities you are going to apply for.

In-game you can raise these traits up to rank 3 (so long you are outside the freebies part), meaning if you want a rank 4 ability/attribute you need to apply.

The format:

The title must contain the character name and the trait, if you are applying for many traits you can use [Many Traits] instead. Example: Jajuka_Albatou [4 Dexterity]

Account Name: Here you put the account name with an underscore. Dustin_Tusk
Explanation of why your character should possess the Trait rating you are applying for: Here we either add screenshots of the roleplay we did in order to gain such traits, or we add a story. Note, that usually.
Post a screenshot of your admin record and activity (include each personal account): While in-game you can use the commands /ac [Your ID] and /ar [Your ID], to see your Activity and Admin Record (You can use /helpme command to make a helper or admin show you these stats). Take screenshots of each account, and post it as a link for the moderator to see.
This is the most basic need for anything when you are applying in VWH-RP.

Exceptions and Requirements:

Make sure you follow the requirements needed (IE: For 4th rank you need 1 month of activity and clean admin record).

Some traits are not shown in the /cs command in-game, meaning they are secondary. Your character can hold these, but in your application, you must link to the proper book and page of said trait.

NOTE: 4th dot attributes/traits need an explanation, the quotes that have been going around are invalid, as the system was revamped.

Other Roleplay Feature (When none of the stickied formats apply)

Link - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=17404.0

The title will contain the character name and the feature, Example: Dustin_Tusk [Dirty Fighting Manuevers]

This format is to be used only when nothing else applies, maybe a new system that was overlooked and no one thought to use before, and so on. The important part of this format is the Book Reference, without it, it will get denied.

The format:

Applicant: If you are any race that is not human, please tell us if you donated for it or applied for it. If you are human, simply write Yes/Human.
Reference (book and page number): We follow Classic World of Darkness books, meaning that for the trait you are applying for you need to reference it, so that moderators can go there and read. If you do not reference to a book, it will get denied. If you have no reference, ask in game before you go applying. Example:  [color=limAscensionhanced Strength : Mage The Ascention 20th - page 650[/color]
Screenshots of the roleplay your character got the roleplay feature from or screenshots that confirms the roleplay feature you are applying for; a character story that confirms roleplay feature you're applying for or list the race moderator(s) who have been part of that roleplay: Same as before, but here you can also just refer to an admin/race-mod that was present to vouch for you.

Requirements vary depending on the roleplay feature.

Regular Items & Items That Employ Supernatural-Based Power Effects

Link - http://vwh-rp.com/index.php?topic=14747.0

Items in VWH depend on the stats that are given in the books. If it is crafted in-game, you must show the roleplay. The stats of a crafted item may change per the moderator's choice. The price for an item varies, depending on what it is.

The format:

Does that character own items that need to be applied for? If yes, list them along with their nature and properties: Simply post any items you applied for in the past (Guns, knives, books, etc.), Moderators can scavenge through archives if needed.
Is this item an item that employ supernatural-based power effect?: A simple yes or no here. If it affects supernaturals, it will be reviewed with more care.
Item's nature and properties: As the thread suggests, there are a few kinds of items: Weapons, and mundane items. Some Mundane items do not need to be applied for, as they can be roleplayed and gotten in-game (so long as there is an admin to spawn for you the said item). Some mundane items can be relics which need to be applied for. Their format varies like so: Item Name; Item description.

Weapons are alike:
Quote from: Armor (Chainmail)
Armor Rating: 4; Dexterity Penalty: -2

Quote from: Firearm (Colt Anaconda)
Damage: 6; Range: 35; Rate: 2; Clip: 6: Conceal: J; Modification: Scope

Quote from: Melee (Great Sword)
Difficulty: 5; Damage: Strength +6/L; Conceal: N

* Incendiary Rounds as well as Silver Rounds require an adequate Background or Merit and for non Human characters have the same requirements as "Items That Employ Supernatural-Based Power Effects From Another Game".

** An item that can be created in the game your character is based on. (E.g.: The item was created with Prime 4 which is from MtA game and your character is a Mage (MtA game). E.g.: An item created by a Tremere (VtM game). with Path of Conjuration was given to your character which is also a Vampire based on the very same VtM game.)

*** An item that cannot be created in the game your character is based on. Wonders were never meant to be used in a VtM game same as the Demon Relics were never meant to be used in a MtA game and this is where our crossover game breaks the most. Cross-game items that employ supernatural-based power effects are items which were created with the help a power that doesn't exist in the game your character is based on. (E.g.: The item was created with Lore of Forge which is from DtF game and your character is a Vampire (VtM game).)

Items Bought As Backgrounds - If you don't know how this works, don't apply for it until you read it through the books. Once you do, please ask in game a proper admin/race-mod about it.

The requirements vary as the thread suggests.

Merits and Flaws will be a separate guide.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:47:44 PM by Iron »
If I seem unresponsive just keep messaging me.

Offline yankee

• Good Evening.
Re: How to apply for Character Related Applications
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
Thanks!
Thanks to everyone who laughed and played with me, see you after one year.

Offline Hiazro

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »
Great guide.
Line 3: Minato is a dude with abilities and he can sometimes use his candles to roast Mephistos.

Offline Iron

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »
Updated.

NOTE: 4th dot attributes need an explanation, the quotes that have been going around are invalid, as the system was revamped.

Offline virus

• im awakened
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »
Is this official?

Offline Iron

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
Nothing in the quote states you can avoid providing an explanation.
With the system, each trait you apply for you must provide a mandatory explanation.

E.g II: You are allowed to post an application if you wish to raise your Dodge Talent from 3 to 4 if you've been actively playing for 1 month without breaking rules.

Back in the day, it was fine since it was a new addition, now it is just an example, not an exclusion.

Yes, the update is official and should be noted. Any application with said quote will be denied or have a request for an explanation.

Offline C. White

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »
You should include information regarding custom roleplay features which a player hasn't witnessed an example for before. As an example, special fencing and parkour maneuvers from the Book of Secrets (riposte, parkour master).

What would a player do in that case? Create a roleplay feature of his own? Or is there a specific format for this type of roleplay features? Would be nice if you make this guide useful even for experienced players who'd stumble onto something new.

Either way, you've done a great job so far, Iron. Keep it up. Can't wait till I pick my activity up again.
Quote from: Jhin
“Art requires a certain cruelty.”
“THERE IS NO DRAMA IN A PEACEFUL DEATH!”
“YOU WILL PERFORM!”

Offline Leon.

• Master Of Format
  • caitiff
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »
Impressive. Very nice.