Author Topic: New strain of infection identified  (Read 11106 times)

Offline cantbearmaros

• who is this guy?
  • Sheriff's Department
  • amm... got kicked out of my house wat now
New strain of infection identified
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »
CTN: The Emergency Services of San Fierro called in that a new strain of infection is upon the state of San Andreas, while first found in New Orleans, it found its way into San Andreas three days ago, confirmed by an infected patient who died only after 2 days of being infected.

CTN: While there is no reason to panic, there is no reason to not be cautious either, the new strain, named "Fargus" consists of deadly regenerative cells combined with aggressive metabolic urges, however its biological structure continues to be in a shroud. Here is what Professor Dagier had to say:

P. Daggier: This new-found infection seems to be unnatural in all cases apart from it being a virus, it's mysterious regenerative cells indicate that the virus may have killed someone before and re-animated it some time ago, however, no such reports exist, meaning that this virus has yet to be rampant in the public.

CTN: Emergency Services of Blaine County, Red County and Bone County as well as the towns of Whetstone are advised to begin developing a cure once they get their hands on a patient that is suffering from this virus. Sheriff's Department are also advised to carry sidearms in case any danger happens.

CTN: Symptoms include hyper-active eyes with a red shadow-y color, extended amounts of saliva leaking from the mouth, veins awfully visible all around the head and skin rupturing.

CTN: Scientists at San Fierro do not know how long it will take for the virus to spread into the surrounding counties, but they have made an estimated time table for these events which you can look up in your TV's each day or hear it on the radio each two hours.

San Fierro - Bone County  [|||||||||||||80%|||||----]

San Fierro - Whetstone  [||||-----34%----------]

San Fierro - Red County [||||||||||-50%----------]

when youre natively english but cant speak it

Offline Jack

Re: New strain of infection identified
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
((I bet those fucking vampires did something to cause this.))

Offline Lurker

• Emergency Services
  • oy vey
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »
*Mihail watches the TV as he sees the announcement*
"Fucking Giovanni"

Offline GhostOfProtocol

• Hey kids, wanna do just like I did?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »
*Jamie smirks and changes the channel without saying a word*

Offline cantbearmaros

• who is this guy?
  • Sheriff's Department
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:21:29 PM »
(( Once the infection hits, this is how it will go:

Levels above 45 will receive no infection.

Levels above 35 will receive minor infection. (Reduced stats)

Levels above 25 will most likely reanimate after dying.

Levels above 10 will often just die. As they are not powerful enough to be reanimated.

Only werewolves are immune to this. Necromancers will not receive any infections. Civilians with true faith will not receive any infections. Inquisition does not count as they are completely anti-christ in this server. Normal vampires can resist the infection using fortitude 5 each day, roll difficulty of 6 is needed.  ))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:24:10 PM by Monte Carlo »

Offline GhostOfProtocol

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
((So all my Characters but Michael are fucked, nice.... unless I risk fortitude... wait are u ck'ing half the server?))

Apollo

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:45:01 PM »

*- Stefan seals his manse's door as he falls into slumber in his safe, locked, sealed, chained room.

((Can this heal it? ))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:50:06 PM by Apollo »

Offline cantbearmaros

• who is this guy?
  • Sheriff's Department
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:53:45 PM »

*- Stefan seals his manse's door as he falls into slumber in his safe, locked, sealed, chained room.

((Can this heal it? ))

(( since u open the ground, the effect follows and infects plants. ))

Offline Cido

• hi
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »
*Chuckles as she knows she can't be infected.*

((Lol yes!))

Nero.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »
(( I don't understand how this could affect an undead not-even-breathing vampire.
"A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms" (Wikipedia).
What they do once they reach a cell is, they probe into the cell (entry) and release agents that rewrite the host cell's DNA or RNA. Once rewritten, the cells begin to producing more of these viruses. Since the "production" by cells require a fuel of sorts (glucose, proteins, whatever), by logic, vampires would not be affected by the virus. Sure, they might get a cell infected, but no virus replication INSIDE the organism can occur. It would take trillions of infections to kill off each cell one by one inside a vampire. Even if a vampire feeds off of an infected person, wouldn't his rewritten-fucked'up-destroyed cell(s) get put back into the default state (state at which it were on Embrace) by vampire regeneration? ))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:16:09 PM by Nero. »

Apollo

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
(( I don't understand how this could affect an undead not-even-breathing vampire.
"A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms" (Wikipedia).
What they do once they reach a cell is, they probe into the cell (entry) and release agents that rewrite the host cell's DNA or RNA. Once rewritten, the cells begin to producing more of these viruses. Since the "production" by cells require a fuel of sorts (glucose, proteins, whatever), by logic, vampires would not be affected by the virus. Sure, they might get a cell infected, but no virus replication INSIDE the organism can occur. It would take trillions of infections to kill off each cell one by one inside a vampire. ))

(( nero's got a point, viruses can't parasite in dead cells. unless this is magickszx

Offline Archwolf Rougemont

• hentai too
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »
**Cedric would be inside his house, drinking coffee, as he hears the news and pays full attention, remembering the two guys he saw today.**
"Shit looks dangerous, let's hope people won't die that often."

Important Characters and their profiles.
Danielle Nightingale (Kind, but a killer)
Sakke Felix Nikolaus (25,500+ profile views!)
Kikka (a good doggo)

Offline Jack

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
((It's clearly not a boost for werewolves because they've died all the time recently so Armaros just bends all the lore to support any faction he feels like.))

Offline cantbearmaros

• who is this guy?
  • Sheriff's Department
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »
((It's clearly not a boost for werewolves because they've died all the time recently so Armaros just bends all the lore to support any faction he feels like.))

(( yes im in love with the werewolves so i give htem tons of advantages. didnt even mean werewolves as a whole actually, only their human counterparts get infected, and then they puke once they shift.

this is mostly rp for EMS, and of course i bend whatever i want isnt that what u do with inquisition anyway?))

Offline GhostOfProtocol

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 07:36:47 PM »

(( yes im in love with the werewolves so i give htem tons of advantages. didnt even mean werewolves as a whole actually, only their human counterparts get infected, and then they puke once they shift.

this is mostly rp for EMS, and of course i bend whatever i want isnt that what u do with inquisition anyway?))

((ES are gonna get no rp cause ur killing everyone, well done :D))